Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #1
Gelete
Bat Boy

Historical MLB Noob League (1871-Present)

MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORICAL LEAGUE 1871-202x

I do love baseball and above all I love the stories about the game. Playing baseball in the 18xx is a wonderful option than OOTP offers and I crave for the stories of all these young players, long time gone and many of them so early in their lives... I just wanted to start a MLB retro game from the very beginning till nowadays. We will see if I am able to do it and to which degree of success, given that I am a complete noob with this game.

Home town league: Madrid, Spain.
League: Historical.
Sim Level: Will play every single match.
Stats: 1 to 20.
Years span: 1871 to 202x.
Team: Boston Red Stokings (no fire option).
My experience: Noob, this is the first year I play the game but so far I am loving it. I know fairly well the sport rules though.

Last edited by Gelete; 04-15-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Gelete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
Gelete
Bat Boy

1871 - 1st Season
Historical First Boston Red Stocking Team 1871
First Game ever played agaist Troy Haymakers at Boston on 19th April 1871.
Troy Haymakers 8
Boston Red Stockins 14

Prediction: After the initial draft we ended up with a pretty solid defensive team and with two stars of the era: Ross Barnes and Billy Stearns. The latter must be our starting pitcher for years to come and the former is one of the dominant players of the first two decades of professional baseball. The rest of the team has some medium and below average quality players. We will see how the 1871 season evolves, sign good and long contracts with the best rotation players, assure Stearns and Battin for years and try to get a good relieve pitcher and another top quality batter in the post season draft. We dont expect to make it to the playoffs, but a .500 W/L at the end of the season is almost mandatory.

End Season Report: Bad, bad season. We lack in the SS and 3B spots and made a ton of errors along the season. We won the MVP award three golden gloves though, and one platinium stick, cy young and rookie of the year, all of them for Ross Barnes who was superb during the season with .440 batting percentage. The other golden gloves were: pitching, (Stearns) and center fielder (Hall) . Stearns and Battin were great, Battin even winning the rookie award and both selected to the All Star (I played with this rule activated from 1871). All in all we finnish last in our conference with a record of 14-18 in a very bad end of the season (we were 12-11 in late july). Rockford was the winner in a 4-3 final series agains Cleveland. Now is time for the 1872 draft and try to get a good SS or 3B and may be a relieving pitcher, Let´s see how the draft turns out but if we get a couple of good players we can build up a dominating team for the 1873-74 seasons.

Record: 14W-18L
Bat Avg: .277
Awards:
MVP Ross Barnes.
Rookie of the Year: Ross Barnes.
Cy Young: Bill Stearns.
Golden Glove: Pitcher Bill Stearns; Golde Glove 2nd Base: Ross Barnes; Golden CF: George Hall.
Platinium Stick: 2nd Base: Ross Barnes.

Last edited by Gelete; 05-14-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
Gelete
Bat Boy

1872 - 2nd Season
Historical Second Boston Red Stocking Team 1872

End Season Report: Average season. Not a single player award but the season was very solid for Barnes, Stearns and Bass that made it to the All Star Team. New players were underwhelming, specially Tim Murnane who is in the trading block. In the last part of the season Jack Burdock played well and improved inmensely even developing some ability to play as 3B that we are going to exploit or at least try to during next year. Therefore I am quite positive, field players are playing better, we have a small roster but with a trade, may be an outfielder, everithing is gonna be ok. The good news are that we signed nothing two pitchers, one relief Len Lovett and one starter Candy Cummings who are gonna be in the rotation to give some air to Bill Stearns who started and played all 9 innings for the last 96 team games. The target is to try to fight for the playoffs ticket...

Record: 31W-29L
Acumulative Record: 45W-47L
Bat Avg: .260

Last edited by Gelete; 05-14-2020 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #4
moore4807
All Star Starter

Will be following this :)

Glad your playing and don't worry, EVERYONE starts out as a noob

One question, are you going to post any games or championships your team is involved with?
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #5
Gelete
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
Glad your playing and don't worry, EVERYONE starts out as a noob

One question, are you going to post any games or championships your team is involved with?
Hi, thanks for your support!

I am gonna post just a briefing of all the seasons in which I dont make it to the play offs, and a more detailed review of the ones I do.

Also, I have just buyed OOTP21, do you know if there is a way to move this post to the 21 edition historical simulations forums?

In any case, thanks for your message.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:06 AM   #6
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelete View Post
Hi, thanks for your support!

I am gonna post just a briefing of all the seasons in which I dont make it to the play offs, and a more detailed review of the ones I do.

Also, I have just buyed OOTP21, do you know if there is a way to move this post to the 21 edition historical simulations forums?

In any case, thanks for your message.
I haven't bought OOTP21 yet - I know you in past editions of OOTP you can port your old game into the new one and as far as posts here? I think you will have to cut and paste each one over to the OOTP21 posts. Good luck with it
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:01 AM   #7
Vezna31
All Star Starter

It is very difficult running a league starting in 1871. I made 2 leagues each having 4 teams in the division. I made a custom 56 game interleague schedule so that you play each team 7 times. In 1879, I went to a custom 84 game interleague schedule playing each team 12 times. It requires a ton of maintenance. Good luck with it.