Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #1861
Qdog915
Bat Boy

I updated my Mac to OS X 10.11.4 and now my OOTP 16 looks like this.
Attached Images
Qdog915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:04 PM   #1862
Qdog915
Bat Boy

Never mind, it's an OS X bug.
Qdog915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 01:44 PM   #1863
matador
Bat Boy

Computer AI not working

I am in an online league, and I set control of minor league lineups/depth charts/pitching staffs to Computer AI. However, when I set it to computer AI, the AI does nothing. This used to work, but for some reason no longer works. I'm using a PC. Any ideas? Thanks.
matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:15 PM   #1864
JCarter93
Minors (Double A)

International Amateur Free Agents

My online league does not generate International Amateur Free Agents. It is set to default (30 players generated on July 1) but it never happens.

League file: BML.zip
JCarter93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #1865
RevRedbird23
Minors (Single A)

deleted

Last edited by RevRedbird23; 04-06-2016 at 09:44 PM. Reason: wrong forum
RevRedbird23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:23 AM   #1866
Lordofbrewtown
Minors (Triple A)

Here's one that scares me. I just finished the amateur free agent draft (all historical rookies imported). After the draft, I noticed that only a handful (probably 15%) of the undrafted free agents made it into the free agent pool - the others have just disappeared.
I suppose its not disaster, as I can import the missing players; however, I am now concerned there's a bigger problem/crash awaiting.
Lordofbrewtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #1867
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

"Error with the Database: save_database"

"Error with the Database: save_database"

A guy in one of my online leagues is getting this error when he tries to update to the new files in-game. It happens in 2 leagues of mine he is in. Any Ideas anyone?
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #1868
hefalumps
All Star Starter

I ran into the "Jim Unknown" issue that several people have mentioned, and I think I have a theory. See my post below.

Ihttp://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4037536

I know it won't be fixed for 16, but I'm hoping it got fixed for 17.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #1869
boxner1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm getting a Runtime error when trying to load an online league today. It was working fine last night. This is a Steam version. The game loads ok but when I try to load one league it crashes with the following popup window text. A second league loads and runs fine. Any suggestions as to why I get the crash with one league but not another? Again, both leagues were working fine last night.

Program...\steamapps\common\Out of the Park Baseball 16\ootp16.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
boxner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:08 PM   #1870
vigourtortoise
Bat Boy

Spring Training Disappeared - Vigour Tortoises

First day of spring training occurred and all of the ST games popped up on my schedule and the rosters increased to 60. I filled my roster all the way to 60 and begun playing the first game. Well, my game froze and when I rebooted the saved game it was still the first day of ST but the rosters hadn't gone up to 60 and there were no ST games on the schedule.

Is there a way to fix this cleanly, e.g. rosters go up to 60 and spring training schedules reappear?
If not, is there a way to fix it not cleanly, e.g. adding ST games manually without it screwing up the regular season?
If it isn't fixed will it affect my players to not have any ST under their belts?

Thank you and FTP file is "vigour tortoises.zip".
vigourtortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #1871
ootpyahoo
Bat Boy

I believe there's a bug in the game engine. I've attached pictures of a pinch runner getting credit for an RBI, which is obviously impossible. Not sure if it's because the batter was hit-by-pitch instead of a hit/walk, but nonetheless, this is incorrect.

In the attachment, the batter is Jimenez. He is hit with the bases loaded. He was pinch ran for by Griffith, who received credit for the RBI.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
ootpyahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:45 AM   #1872
thriftdork
Bat Boy

Error with saved game...

I am going into my 3rd year, I load the game and this is the error message I get when I try to advance a day...also I apologize for the attachment I don't know how to post a screen shot..
Attached Files
File Type: doc OOTP 16 windows error.doc (504.2 KB, 109 views)
thriftdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #1873
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

Suspended game bug

Did anybody ever figure out what to do if a roster change makes a suspended game crash?

Opposing team has traded the pitcher who was in the game. As soon as he is needed (to pitch or bat), OOTP crashes. I tried commissioner mode and it still says I am not allowed to control that team. Also, incidentally, when I tried to make a logical move for the opposition I learned that their bullpen is insanely tired -- multiple guys below 20% -- which also seems goofy.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:25 AM   #1874
old fat bald guy
Minors (Triple A)

OK, got it. Commissioner mode, then into the options screen INSIDE THE SUSPENDED GAME, change substitutions to me from the idiot opposing manager who is violating the Geneva Convention with his bullpen, make the most logical pitching change (guy with highest rest status other than the closer, because it's the sixth inning), save and close, leave commissioner mode, boot game up again.

It worked.
old fat bald guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:24 PM   #1875
johnhannibalsmith
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Linux/Steam/OOTP16 Load Crash

I have in the last few days built a new computer and installed Linux Mint 18 with the intention of weaning myself off of Windows. Other than a few self-induced hiccups, everything has been so-far, so-good.

Yesterday I got around to getting Steam loaded and running and at the time was running off of the motherboard integrated graphics (one foot in front of the other before tinkering with NVidia and Linux). With that configuration, of my small catalog of games shrunken by Linux compatibility, OOTP16 figured the easiest to take for a spin. Plus it is probably the one that I use most often.

Everything seemed to download and install fine and even began the load screen as I would expect, but just as it would ordinarily go to the main menu GUI (Continue game, Load New Game, etc...) - It simply closes. No error, no ugly crash, no real clues.

I figured well hell, maybe this onboard graphics is somehow just not up to snuff and is causing some obscure problem. Pulled out the Nvidia GTX750ti that OOTP16 had run on for most of it's life in my library and installed it. Got the recommended proprietary driver and loaded it. Rebooted, everything seems fine. Except OOTP 16 crashed the same way.

At this point, wanting to narrow it to OOTP, I downloaded a much more resource intensive game that had also run on the GTX750ti under Windows and loaded it. Mildly different look and a touch weaker performance, but it ran without issue.

So, it doesn't seem to be a hardware or Steam problem, but something indigenous to OOTP16. I searched everywhere I could to find a similar case hoping to decode the secret to resolving this particular problem and located nothing relevant. I'm not sure if this forum gets any attention any longer or if I should have gone straight to a ticket, but I hate to bother anyone working on real problems if this is a case of a known quantity and my overlooking something somewhere.

For the record - running Linux Mint 18 on i7-6700 with a Z170X 1151 mobo and 32MB RAM (should have been 16 but the stock BIOS didn't support DDR4 faster than 2133 so dummy me had to run out to buy some 2133 to get it to post and into BIOS for update) - plus the aforementioned GTX750ti which had run it previously on this computer running Win7.

If anyone has a hint - thank you in advance and then again when I read it!
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #1876
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
I have in the last few days built a new computer and installed Linux Mint 18 with the intention of weaning myself off of Windows. Other than a few self-induced hiccups, everything has been so-far, so-good.

Yesterday I got around to getting Steam loaded and running and at the time was running off of the motherboard integrated graphics (one foot in front of the other before tinkering with NVidia and Linux). With that configuration, of my small catalog of games shrunken by Linux compatibility, OOTP16 figured the easiest to take for a spin. Plus it is probably the one that I use most often.

Everything seemed to download and install fine and even began the load screen as I would expect, but just as it would ordinarily go to the main menu GUI (Continue game, Load New Game, etc...) - It simply closes. No error, no ugly crash, no real clues.

I figured well hell, maybe this onboard graphics is somehow just not up to snuff and is causing some obscure problem. Pulled out the Nvidia GTX750ti that OOTP16 had run on for most of it's life in my library and installed it. Got the recommended proprietary driver and loaded it. Rebooted, everything seems fine. Except OOTP 16 crashed the same way.

At this point, wanting to narrow it to OOTP, I downloaded a much more resource intensive game that had also run on the GTX750ti under Windows and loaded it. Mildly different look and a touch weaker performance, but it ran without issue.

So, it doesn't seem to be a hardware or Steam problem, but something indigenous to OOTP16. I searched everywhere I could to find a similar case hoping to decode the secret to resolving this particular problem and located nothing relevant. I'm not sure if this forum gets any attention any longer or if I should have gone straight to a ticket, but I hate to bother anyone working on real problems if this is a case of a known quantity and my overlooking something somewhere.

For the record - running Linux Mint 18 on i7-6700 with a Z170X 1151 mobo and 32MB RAM (should have been 16 but the stock BIOS didn't support DDR4 faster than 2133 so dummy me had to run out to buy some 2133 to get it to post and into BIOS for update) - plus the aforementioned GTX750ti which had run it previously on this computer running Win7.

If anyone has a hint - thank you in advance and then again when I read it!
Maybe related to this? http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...not-found.html
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #1877
johnhannibalsmith
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
Sounds like exactly that! I swear I searched for an hour and never came up with that exchange, so feeling a little dumb. From the look of it nothing positive ever came of it, but at least I have a 'most likely answer' that isn't undetermined user error.

Thanks a bunch!
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #1878
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
Sounds like exactly that! I swear I searched for an hour and never came up with that exchange, so feeling a little dumb. From the look of it nothing positive ever came of it, but at least I have a 'most likely answer' that isn't undetermined user error.

Thanks a bunch!
I'm sticking with Mint 17 as my desktop for this reason. Would really like to upgrade, but a computer without OOTP is not worth having.
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:52 AM   #1879
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

I had a fiel which couldn't load,

The game found the last auto save to load..

I was in the middle of the 1997 playoffs.. and when the game game back... no more playoffs were played... went to offseason in 2 days...

Simmed to the next year... No 1997 champion.... ended OOTP before making a save

incident is in Windows explorer
Attached Images
Image Image 
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #1880
Folderol
Major Leagues

Not sure if anyone else has reported this issue (or even seen it), but in the latest build (.67), I have played out every game as the Mets. It is May 26th, 2016, and I have seen - total - SIX "Inside the park" home runs between the Mets and their opponents - including one each by Travis D'Arnaud and Lucas Duda. In the first two months! I can't recall seeing more than two over the course of the last decade (real time) of playing.

Also, wayyyyy too many "basket catches" in the play-by-play. It's just not something you see very much anymore.

Last edited by Folderol; 08-21-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote