Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 05-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
ussoldier2002
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 18x in 9 posts
I'm probably the only person who would like this but here it goes

Ok, something I would like to see added is, for lack of a better term, a "load screen" showing the arena the game is about to take place in. Similar to EA's hockey game in 2002. The reason I say this is because I use simcity 4 for my baseball stadium images in OOTP and I feel it would be cool to see my city in this game as well. Probably won't happen but thought I'd put a bug in someone's ear.
ussoldier2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:09 AM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,766x in 641 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier2002 View Post
Ok, something I would like to see added is, for lack of a better term, a "load screen" showing the arena the game is about to take place in. Similar to EA's hockey game in 2002. The reason I say this is because I use simcity 4 for my baseball stadium images in OOTP and I feel it would be cool to see my city in this game as well. Probably won't happen but thought I'd put a bug in someone's ear.
At this stage in the game I can say that is quite unlikely to happen for this version, but I'll let Seb chime in if he wishes.

That being said, can I see one of your OOTP/Sim City pictures? I used to love that game, that sounds cool.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #3
pucku33
Major Leagues

Thanked 39x in 27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier2002 View Post
It seems like people want UI changes, and with the teasers, it seems those people are getting their wish. I think I might be in the minority in that I was hoping the focus would be on actual game play, immersion and realism.

Instead of: "down by a goal late in the game, as the coach you get to decide if you want a tired 1st line out there or a rested 2nd line"

we get: "Look where we moved this button" and "You can see fictional faces!"
pucku33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
MikeinWinnipeg (08-25-2015)
Old 05-15-2015, 01:27 PM   #4
Smetana
All Star Reserve

Thanked 773x in 366 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucku33 View Post
It seems like people want UI changes, and with the teasers, it seems those people are getting their wish. I think I might be in the minority in that I was hoping the focus would be on actual game play, immersion and realism.

Instead of: "down by a goal late in the game, as the coach you get to decide if you want a tired 1st line out there or a rested 2nd line"

we get: "Look where we moved this button" and "You can see fictional faces!"
An extremely uninformed statement, there. There has been plenty of focus on gameplay and realism. Even more than the attention to the game's looks, IMO.
Cole (05-15-2015), Duranium (05-15-2015), EJ (08-25-2015), geckon (05-15-2015), Lord PichuPal (05-15-2015)
Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #5
ussoldier2002
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 18x in 9 posts
Holy cow you guys. I am so sorry I didn't realize anyone responded to this topic I started. Mr. Cole, I will post some pics of some of my cities and my ball parks I am using in a couple of days for you. I would do it now but I am not in the states and barely have internet for my phone.
ussoldier2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #6
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 142x in 79 posts
I wish I could press; command + alt + 7 + [ + ] to make all players naked..
Old 08-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
EJ
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 15x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crombeen View Post
i wish i could press; command + alt + 7 + [ + ] to make all players naked..
yikes!!!
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:11 AM   #8
Mafarfloune
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 49x in 24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
I wish I could press; command + alt + 7 + [ + ] to make all players naked..
And then Joe Thornton scores 4 goals.
Mafarfloune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:43 AM   #9
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 538x in 315 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafarfloune View Post
And then Joe Thornton scores 4 goals.
And then Ned Braden skates off with the Federal League Championship Trophy.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote