Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 08-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

Expectations

You (the developers) got what you wanted. I don't say that in bitterness or regret, but rather as a "that's how it should be". You've been basically left alone with Cole running some interference (good job Cole!) so you could do what you wanted to do.

I have no doubt you wish to create the greatest hockey sim since sliced bread. Forget hockey sim, sports sim since sliced bread. Do you feel the pressure? If this bombs (always a chance) please don't jump off a bridge. But you got the one chance you wanted (after last year's screw up) to do things you way and in your own time.

It's a game so no one dies if we wait, but a problem (but I hope not) might be that you won't deliver a damn fine effort that works and people like. There are no excuses. (Can you feel the frying pan warming up?).

I personally would be nervous as hell. I know you have beta-testers but I have no idea how many of them are boot-lickers and how many of them are honest.

I think your opening screen for the game should be the "Overture" from the Bugs Bunny-Road Runner Hour that many of us older folks watched as kids.

I wish you the best and I anxiously await seeing the results. I hope the time gave you all you needed to produce a top notch piece of software.

Best wishes.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

What was the point of this thread?
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 01:41 AM   #3
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Expectations for FHM2 are going to be very high considering how disappointing FHM2014 was. The devs made huge mistakes with the first version of the game but that was mostly due to trying to please the demands for a huge amount of features by the user community who were desperate for a hockey sim after the demise of EHM. What I think the devs haven't done this time is rushed again to add loads of new features but they have overhauled FHM2014 completely and added some carefully chosen features like expansion which is very prevalent in the NHL right now, added what looks like a much improved game engine and UI. I think the beta testers aren't a group of 'boot lickers' but a group who have the same expectations as the rest of the community, a drive for the game to succeed and they will be honest and say where things aren't working like they should. To describe them the way you did is unfair and very disrespectful.

Last edited by Penfold75; 08-05-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #4
Smetana
All Star Starter

Holy passive-aggressive, Batman. Was this necessary?

The insulting nature of the OP was thinly veiled. I understand some people's desire to stir the pot, so I'll chuckle and move forward.

I will just say one thing: I think I speak for most, if not all, of the beta testers. I'm no boot-licker. I've been critical of FHM and the dev team in the past when it has been warranted. But instead of whining and throwing insults like so much monkey feces, I've been trying to help out in making sure FHM2 is a success.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
EJ
Minors (Double A)

Martin, were you sipping China booze . . . er, tea before composing that?

It's good to see that you're keeping abreast of all things hockey-xim.

Jay
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:01 AM   #6
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

I think that the fact they are taking their time with developing this game means that they are very serious about making this game better then the first version. The first version was bad but is still very good. This version is gonna be much better because they are taking their time and the fact that they didn't gibe us any release date is also good. I think that the more time they are working on this game the better It will be for us and means less bugs and glitches. Unlike eastside hockey manager which I really don't like I think that this hockey sim will be far better because thy didn't release It as a beta or first access.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
I think that the fact they are taking their time with developing this game means that they are very serious about making this game better then the first version. The first version was bad but is still very good. This version is gonna be much better because they are taking their time and the fact that they didn't gibe us any release date is also good. I think that the more time they are working on this game the better It will be for us and means less bugs and glitches. Unlike eastside hockey manager which I really don't like I think that this hockey sim will be far better because thy didn't release It as a beta or first access.
I must say I agree with this post, you're on to some good points.

I also have to share that some of our beta testers have remarked they are having a tough time actually "testing" the game at the moment as they are having too much fun "playing" ... So yes, we are definitely serious about making this a solid release. I know the wait can be tough, but in the end you will have a great hockey sim you can enjoy.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:14 PM   #8
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I must say I agree with this post, you're on to some good points.

I also have to share that some of our beta testers have remarked they are having a tough time actually "testing" the game at the moment as they are having too much fun "playing" ... So yes, we are definitely serious about making this a solid release. I know the wait can be tough, but in the end you will have a great hockey sim you can enjoy.
So that's whats taking so long! Everyone is playing to much to get any work done!
Just kidding. Take your time guys, you got 2 months until the season starts, plenty of time to iron out the kinks.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #9
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaximusPrimus View Post
So that's whats taking so long! Everyone is playing to much to get any work done!
Just kidding. Take your time guys, you got 2 months until the season starts, plenty of time to iron out the kinks.

Technically the instructions for beta testing are normally "play how you normally would and then see if anything looks amiss or you run into any problems" .. But of course sometime people test specific things, or run a sim to see something very specific... But overall, the difference between playing and testing isn't huge ... We can still have our fun though
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote