Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #41
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Ha! MAY! SMFH!
Old 07-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #42
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

I'll think SEGA and EHM will release their new game before FHM 2 goes live..
Old 07-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #43
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I agree Crombeen! Hell NHL 2020 will come out before FHM2
Old 07-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #44
Cole
Hall Of Famer

As you can all surmise, the tentative release date of late May was a best-case scenario... If everything went absolutely right with no real setbacks, it would have been reachable. Of course, that's not often a likely expectation in the world of game development and there were of course setbacks and delays from that date.

Sebastian generally seems to be a pretty positive/optimistic person when it comes to the development and in this case perhaps it was overly optimistic. I just take issue when people quote May as if this was a broken promise... A tentative plan can change and in this case, it did. Even in stating late May, it was still made quite clear that the game wouldn't be out, ultimately, until it was ready.

It may have been better to simply give a general release date - a certain quarter or a certain season - that would have given us more flexibility, but in the end what's done is done and what was said was said.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #45
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Shame they dont learn from past mistakes
Old 07-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #46
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
Shame they dont learn from past mistakes
..and our forum-pet is back

Shame that you still donīt get it that there was NO release date - i still donīt understand what your whining about

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 07-16-2015, 06:18 PM   #47
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
..and our forum-pet is back

Shame that you still donīt get it that there was NO release date - i still donīt understand what your whining about
''Forum-pet''? You might be spending a bit too much time here my friend.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what the frustration of Havokk and other members complaining is the fact that they thought that in the best case scenario it would be out by late May. The fact that it didn't happen isn't a big deal, but they kept that estimation until the very last few days before May was over, and then they told us they were on the finishing line for the game. No offense, but we're mid-July and I don't see this game on the finishing line.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:21 PM   #48
howeandhowe
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't normally comment on these kinds of threads because they are full of a lot of anger....but.....
As a person who works with deadlines, like people here at OOTP, it's best to make them realistic. That means best case shouldn't be used as the baseline. You will always come out looking like a fool when you don't make the best case situation. Conversely, when you come out ahead of schedule by using the standard case as the baseline you look like a hero...and I bet you get more people on board with the game.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:58 PM   #49
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Alright all, I'm going to lock this one up. Everyone has made their point and we've started to get back to namecalling, so probably a good time to call it quits.
Closed Thread