Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 05-06-2020, 01:29 PM   #1
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

A few FHM7 Suggestions

Before I go asking for stuff I'd like to thank the devs for all their hard work on this game, I've had so many hours of enjoyment (and frustration, but in a good way) from playing FHM over the years and I think it's only getting better with time.
  1. During live games, don't clear the penalty clock until the slowed down play by play is complete.
    • When watching a game if you have it set to slow down the pbp for certain parts you'll see that when a team scores on the powerplay you can tell before the play by play finishes because the penalty clock disappears. It takes a lot of fun out of watching it because you can tell what's about to happen.
  2. Control of farm teams in Online Leagues
    • All the leagues I've been in have found that players often don't develop well in the AHL or ECHL, this generally comes down to the coaches that the AI has hired those teams, being able to control the coaches for your farm team would be a massive bonus.
    • Simming forward in online leagues in FHM2 could be frustrating at times because of the control of farm teams, but with the lineups feature that was recently introduced I believe it would be simple now.
    • AI Lines for farm teams are really bad at the best of times, even if you set it to play prospects it will often throw a 1/1.5 star guy on the 1st line over better players who actually have room to develop.
  3. Automate the update of saves in online leagues after the commissioner has moved it forward.
    • In online leagues the commissioner has to zip his saved game folder and upload it somewhere, then each GM has to go download that zip folder and extract the contents to overwrite their own saved game in order to see an updated save. This causes a lot of frustration for people who are new to online leagues and has caused many people to give up on playing online.
    • If the process of updating the save for each GM was easier you'd have a lot more people interested in playing in online leagues (and likely buying the next version of the game each time to be able to keep playing).
  4. Online reports or at least more in the csv exports.
    • The current csv exports can give some information but it's very difficult to provide enough of a view into the game with the limited information available. People want to be able to see stats for each season, and for each game, neither of which are possible with the csv exports.
    • If csv exports are all we can get it would be helpful to add team stats for preseason and playoffs. We could also use more team stats in the export, such as Total Powerplays, Powerplay goals, total Penalty Kills, pk goals against, ROW, Total faceoffs, and faceoffs won
    • A couple more player stats would be helpful as well: faceoffs taken/won, and game winning goals.
    • People ask to see other team's 5on5 lines and the roles of their players at a glance, it would be nice to see lines or at least just player's current roles in the csv exports.
    • If you turn on play by play logs you could link different games in the schedule to their detailed play by plays, but the games don't line up in order, if we could include a column in the schedules csv with the pbp log file name it would make this possible. Ideally we would have a better view of the game than just the fully written out play by play, but being able to link to the play by play is better than nothing.
  5. Fix KHL player rights expiration
    • A KHL player who's contract ends in the KHL should still have their rights assigned to their NHL drafted team until they are 27, currently in game KHL players in their mid 20s who let their KHL contract expire go straight to free agency.
  6. Allow an expansion team to participate in the entry draft the year they are joining the league.
    • I know this one has been brought up before and the game isn't really set up in a way to handle this with expansions happening on July 1, but it would be a big plus to be able to do an expansion the same way the NHL does it.
There are probably more items to add to this list, but as a player of online leagues these were the most pressing on my mind.

Last edited by DrunkenTeddy; 05-06-2020 at 01:47 PM.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

To benefit online leagues

1) Injury Depth Chart
Currently the fix is for the commissioner to manually correct every injury or suspension while simming. It is a headache and there has to be a way to build a process where the gm can assign 2 players per position to replace players injured or suspended automatically. Automating injury and suspension replacements would save quite a bit of sim time.

A few if/else options would make this handy.
If … player injured
replace with ...players
else
replace with … player
Then if there are multiple injuries there are multiple options. Once a third injury happens then the sim stops.
It would save roster management time for the commissioners.

An option of
Replace or Adjust lineups up

If 1st line wing injured replace w 2nd line then replace 2nd w 3rd line insert replacement player in 4th line

or

Straight replacement to the line the injury occurred on.

Last edited by TGH-Adfabre; 05-06-2020 at 08:43 PM.
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:47 PM   #3
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
1) Injury Depth Chart
Currently the fix is for the commissioner to manually correct every injury or suspension while simming. It is a headache and there has to be a way to build a process where the gm can assign 2 players per position to replace players injured or suspended automatically. Automating injury and suspension replacements would save quite a bit of sim time.

A few if/else options would make this handy.
If … player injured
replace with ...players
else
replace with … player
Then if there are multiple injuries there are multiple options. Once a third injury happens then the sim stops.
It would save roster management time for the commissioners.

An option of
Replace or Adjust lineups up

If 1st line wing injured replace w 2nd line then replace 2nd w 3rd line insert replacement player in 4th line

or

Straight replacement to the line the injury occurred on.
Again, for the most part I try and leave these threads alone, but just read. Is what you're describing not the Lineups feature that we added as part of the Holiday update?

Last edited by Adam B; 05-06-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:49 AM   #4
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I will look and report back.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
stlcardinals19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is prob such a niche ask/suggestion, but can a Ratings Freeze option be added while in Commissioner Mode? As in, once you finish editing a player's attributes, you can click a checkbox that locks everything (Ratings, Size, Potential) in place. I use that feature alot on Football Manager, and I'm hoping to see that option here one day.
stlcardinals19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:20 PM   #6
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Again, for the most part I try and leave these threads alone, but just read. Is what you're describing not the Lineups feature that we added as part of the Holiday update?
It does resolve that ask except to use it you have to hand over tactics to the AI. We need to be able to give just line control to the assistant for this function to actually resolve the issue.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:12 AM   #7
croatian
All Star Starter

I would like more interaction with media, especially in places like Toronto, Montreal.

Canada Cup in historical mode. Shouldn't be too hard to do it, only six teams played (one time seven - West Germany), it would give new dimension to historical mode which is popular. Olympics and World's would be cool as well, but that is more complicated due to larger number of teams, but CC for now would be great.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:31 PM   #8
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

1. I would say training camp is a big thing. Being able to take like say 60-70 players or however you invite like they do IRL and split them into 4 teams and have intra-squad games during camp

2. Have rookie tournaments against other teams? I know NHl teams do this before their main camp opens
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #9
croatian
All Star Starter

One more suggestion, I think it shouldnt be too hard to implement it yet it would make life of our's so much easier. News about scouted players to be reported by scout or league/region, it is very confusing to get all scouted players in one news report.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:46 PM   #10
Colorado
Major Leagues

No disrespect to the original poster, but there should just be one ideas thread stickied at the top of the forum instead of new ones appearing every few weeks.

There are loads of posts here with ideas, suggestions and requests, surely, wouldn't it be better to have them all grouped together in one big list?

Last edited by Colorado; 06-19-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:00 PM   #11
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
No disrespect to the original poster, but there should just be one ideas thread stickied at the top of the forum instead of new ones appearing every few weeks.

There are loads of posts here with ideas, suggestions and requests, surely, wouldn't it be better to have them all grouped together in one big list?
No.

There may come a time when we or I chose to do this, but that time is not right now.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #12
croatian
All Star Starter

When managing NT, to be able to see player attributes that are on your NT.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #13
mpgafida
Bat Boy

In online leagues the commissioner has to zip his saved game folder and upload it somewhere, then each GM has to go download that zip folder and extract the contents to overwrite their own saved game in order to see an updated save. This cau snaptube word to pdf vidmate ses a lot of frustration for people who are new to online leagues and has caused many people to give up on playing online.

Last edited by mpgafida; 06-25-2020 at 03:12 AM.
mpgafida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:53 PM   #14
croatian
All Star Starter

In FHM 7 I would like to see defensive forwards such as Madden, Chris Kelly, Kirk Maltby not to be in Selke nomination every single year. They seem way overpowered in historical mode.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #15
SheStats
Bat Boy

I would love to be able to make the NWHL, but I'd be happy to settle for the ability to just make female hockey players and edit my way there.
SheStats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #16
croatian
All Star Starter

If in upcoming days NHL finalize Olympic participation, will it be included in FHM 7 ?
Old 07-09-2020, 05:40 PM   #17
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I think what the game most needs is some more visualization. I realize a full 2D/3D match engine is a big undertaking and probably in the development pipeline for some future date. But in the meantime it would be nice for some more visual stuff like on the tactics page -- i.e. for the 1-2-1-1 offense or the umbrella power play, show which players are where. In a static image, or even better a GIF like this one for the left wing lock.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:27 PM   #18
croatian
All Star Starter

IIHF Hall of Fame....
Old 07-16-2020, 12:07 PM   #19
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

The most immersive feature and by far the longest overdue, would be for the Devs to finally implement the ability to watch LIVE games played out .. just like OOTP!!!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #20
Colorado
Major Leagues

Improved tactical interaction, not guesswork
Improved media interaction, much more variation
Improved usability - less fiddly clicking to make tactical and line changes etc, going back and forth between screens
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote