Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #21
amwendwa
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Well, first impression two things have not changed at all---the trade AI still stinks, in spring training I was offered the exact same trade eight times by the computer---rejected every time just kept getting it. Second you still have problems for those of us who want real pictures instead of cartoon facegens----the photos are there the game puts in generic face gens anyway, if you go and actually import the real pictures individually about 30 % of the time they don't stick. Kinda disappointing as these 'features" have worked this way for a number of years now.
Since OOTP 15 I've never had any issues with player photos.. once imported they always show up. If you've already played the game when you upload photos you have to delete in your (\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\New Game.lg\news\html\images\profile_pictures) & (\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\New Game.lg\news\html\images\person_pictures)

Then exit and load the game. As long as you have changed the setting to search player photos first(and not facegen), when you do this the game loads all new photos.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:14 PM   #22
CField17
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda234 View Post
All these rookies boasting about their hours. I have 1,860 hours on OOTP 19 and bought just over 3 months ago lol.

And now we have OOTP 20....

I'm juiced about 20. Just started but lots of things I like so far. More detail coming soon.
1860 hours/100 days (just over 3 months) = 18.6 hours a day.

You need to get out more!
CField17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:26 PM   #23
Mat
All Star Reserve

The live mlb feature is really cool. I just tested it out and its very nice to see the updated standing/stats post the japanese opening day.

This is going to be a great!
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:52 PM   #24
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

1st impression...........very disappointed

So far I am not impressed and very disappointed. The new game seems to be very buggy especially in my use of an online league.
1) quick start email function fails...…...quit after 8 GM's reported does not work
2) Rule 5 draft issues never addressed
3) Trading function ...see no improvements
4) the opener/follower function is buggy...……..hit or miss functionality

Seems like too much focus on Perfect team and online league players in back seat !!
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #25
Khlod
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP19 got me, OOTP 20 will kill me!

The team search option in the auction house of Perfect team XX is great. Will be better with possibility of searching by the abreviation of the wanted teams. (ex: MON, BAL, LAD, ETC. )

The Openers-Fellowers option of the bullpen, will destroy my wedding.

Thanks for the magnificient work OOTP team. <3 <3

Last edited by Khlod; 03-23-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Khlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #26
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I love it! You guys hit it out of the park with this one! Is it just me or are the ball physics better with contact hitting? It seems I am noticing more hard hit line drive balls to left/center and right/center between the outfielders this yr.

Last edited by BronxBombers7; 03-22-2019 at 11:13 PM.
BronxBombers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #27
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
from the beta:

animations seem way improved. diving, jumping to avoid sliding player turning a DB, check swings, arm angles, etc, etc, etc. you name it.

ball physics as well. better bounces, flight, seems quicker.

this game & dev team never ceases to amaze me throughout the year.
Yeah this is what I was referring to. The ball physics/flight/line drives feel much quicker and realistic!
Old 03-22-2019, 11:56 PM   #28
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwendwa View Post
Since OOTP 15 I've never had any issues with player photos.. once imported they always show up. If you've already played the game when you upload photos you have to delete in your (\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\New Game.lg\news\html\images\profile_pictures) & (\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 20\saved_games\New Game.lg\news\html\images\person_pictures)

Then exit and load the game. As long as you have changed the setting to search player photos first(and not facegen), when you do this the game loads all new photos.
In 19 i had a lot of trouble getting real photos to load instead of Facegen. Took me a while but finally got it working. I would delete the Facegen photos, have it set to search for real photos and then reload and it would just regenerate the facegen photos.

So are real photos supposed to go in Photos or person_pictures? i was never clear on which so i just put em in both usually
Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 AM   #29
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
In 19 i had a lot of trouble getting real photos to load instead of Facegen. Took me a while but finally got it working. I would delete the Facegen photos, have it set to search for real photos and then reload and it would just regenerate the facegen photos.

So are real photos supposed to go in Photos or person_pictures? i was never clear on which so i just put em in both usually
1. Put your JPG/player pictures in the (Photos folder) which is found in Out Of The Park Developments folder.
2. Boot up the game
3. Open home screen settings
4. Click on "3D & Facegen"
5. Under "Picture Search Mode" change it to "Search For Photo First"
6. Enjoy playing with real player pictures!
Old 03-23-2019, 01:00 AM   #30
panda234
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CField17 View Post
1860 hours/100 days (just over 3 months) = 18.6 hours a day.

You need to get out more!
Was thinking about that too lol. I run multiple monitors and have it minimized a lot. So it's actually not that bad but still.

Last edited by panda234; 03-23-2019 at 01:01 AM.
panda234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:11 AM   #31
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've looked around v XX and played a few games between the Monday beta and today's release. I'm pleased with what I've seen and am excited to play out my season to begin to appreciate how the AI handles everything from in-game play to roster management.

I love that the new FA compensation made it into the game, with qualifying offers being limited to one time only per player. I look forward to seeing how this impacts FA at the end of my season.

I'll sum it up this way...

You aren't going to load up v20 and say "wow, look at all these shiny new toys" other than player animations. You will have to play the game to see most of the improvements. For years many have said don't add bells and whistles just fix AI holes, roster management, etc. and the masses will beat a path to your door. It looks like they've tried that and are met with "I'm disappointed with the feature list". Go figure.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #32
zappa1
All Star Starter

I very much like this version of OOTP. After a few freezes (3), I think I have fixed the problem. No more freezes. Running smoothly and the 3D animations are really neat. While I'm playing, I'm looking for more animations that I haven't seen, yet. The ball flights and even fielders throws are much improved. Have fun everyone.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:09 AM   #33
BronxBombers7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just a quick update...the new "Live" updated rosters, stats, and ratings is awesome! This is a huge update in my opinion, and will make for a very realistic MLB simulation as players ratings and/or teams change throughout the 2019 MLB season! Are they going to be updated daily or weekly?

Last edited by BronxBombers7; 03-23-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #34
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBombers7 View Post
Just a quick update...the new "Live" updated rosters, stats, and ratings is awesome! This is a huge update in my opinion, and will make for a very realistic MLB simulation as players ratings and/or teams change throughout the 2019 MLB season! Are they going to be updated daily or weekly?
You can start a new game anytime with live updates, and it will process it according to whatever date you choose.

After you have started a game, the only "live" option is to update player ratings based on real stats, and again you can do that anytime you want. We may allow more options down the road with this, but those need some more work to make sure that they do not cause other issues.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #35
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

In my opinion...this is a “mature” version of OOTP that so many have been clamoring for...you need to delve in to understand how great it really is...do yourselves a favor, and do just that!

EDIT: and believe me I am not a homer...I have had my share of battles with Markus and Matt over the years..but I can honestly say they stepped up to the plate!

Last edited by PSUColonel; 03-23-2019 at 01:43 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #36
Eminor3rd
Bat Boy

I know that most people don't care about this but...

My first impression is that the *** player ratings haven't been updated at all, and that's very disappointing because it's nearly the only reason I buy the game every year.

The reigning PL MVP is Hotaka Yamakawa, coming off a .281/.396/.590 season with 47 homers, good for 7.6 WAR -- and he is a two star player with 35 contact and 50 HR power. That would have made sense before his breakout, but now?

Shuta Tonosaki is 26 years old, coming off of a 4.4 WAR performance (.287/.357/.472, 18 HR) and he's... 0.5 stars?

The opposite is also true: Takahiro Okada is coming off of a disastrous 0.8 WAR season, but is still rated as if he was coming off of the 5.0 WAR season previous.

I could be wrong, but it appears that you took the time to adjust the rosters, but not the ratings, which is... not what I signed up for. Is this true?
Eminor3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:49 PM   #37
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Yes, the international leagues could use some work...but the MLB & MiLB part of OOTP is spot on
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #38
Statsman1
Major Leagues

Here's what I love so far, after just 1 game...

Regarding the 3D game experience, I love the different sounds the 'bat on ball' makes - the bunt sounds hilariously like a hollow bat, but you know it's a bunt. Then there are smashed bat sounds, broken bat sounds, solid bat sounds...those things make the 3D game that much more immersive.

I love that the players coming off the field every half-inning ALL run to the same spot in the dugout, like the last bag of sunflower seeds is on the bench where they're flocking to.

I love the celebration at home plate when a walk-off HR in the 11th is hit.

I love the "NO WAY!" guy - he's still there, after countless iterations of this game.

I love how easy it is to read everything on my screen - the dark settings with a 'smaller font' that is very legible is a nice touch.

Some things I noticed that are a bit weird...

When I set up a new league with 2 sub-leagues and 32 teams, the "Random City" selection invariably selects duplicate cities. That's annoying. I think this has happened in every iteration for the last 5 or 6 releases of OOTP.

When my major league has only 1 league in it, but 4 divisions of 6 teams, the Standings / Leaders info is on the left half of the screen, and I have to scroll down to see some of the info, while the right half is just empty real estate. Unless there's a way to adjust this view that I'm missing, that seems to be a waste of space. To be honest, I don't remember if this has always been this way.

My biggest gripe - there aren't enough hours in the day to enjoy this game!

Last edited by Statsman1; 03-23-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Statsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #39
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

I've noticed no changes from V19 to V20 in my fictional league - but that's okay by me - I just love this game so much. I converted mid season and proceeded to win 16 games in a row - something i have never done in my fictional league's 50 year history.

I would simply like to see some more small touches that enhance immersion - like a YEARLY leaders history tab - so i can see the evolution of the home run leader throughout my league's history - (similar to the tab that shows mvp/rookie of year/cy etc. Like this - https://www.baseball-reference.com/l..._leagues.shtml

It would be nice to see which player or players have the most rings, most MVPs, most CY Youngs - without having to manually search player by player.

In the career leaders leaderboard - BOLD or highlight in a different color - those players that played for your team.
aslanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #40
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

My initial impression is to wonder what it is that you worked on for months other than Perfect Team? It took months to add Spray Charts, openers/followers and 'lock to lineup slot'?

I bought the game this time out of personal loyalty to you guys, but unless next year has more improvements (read: any) for online, solo, historical etc. I will no longer be loyal and won't be buying the game.

It's not bad, its just a roster update that cost full price.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote