Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
sirotka33
Bat Boy

Attention! Scheduled game cannot be completed

Hi, I'm receiving this error in year 1 of a challenge mode franchise on 10/1/2019 the day the AL WC is supposed to take place. I don't control either team, so I'm not sure what to do?

Steam version, win 10.

sirotka33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:10 PM   #2
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

that's often an error message for illegal number of players on one (or both) of those teams. probably need to allow ghost players. i've not played Challenge Mode, and not seen that error on MLB teams, usually just minors. So not absolutely certain - but most likely Ghost Players will fill rosters so you can continue.

or fill rosters with fictional players ...
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-31-2019 at 12:13 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #3
sirotka33
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
that's often an error message for illegal number of players on one (or both) of those teams. probably need to allow ghost players. i've not played Challenge Mode, and not seen that error on MLB teams, usually just minors. So not absolutely certain - but most likely Ghost Players will fill rosters so you can continue.

or fill rosters with fictional players ...

hey, i already allow ghost players, and i just tried to fill rosters with fictional players, and that didn't work.

it's good to eliminate possible fixes though, so i appreciate the direction.

any other ideas?

edit: i also tried running computer manager on all teams with and without filling rosters with fictional players.

Last edited by sirotka33; 03-31-2019 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:12 PM   #4
sirotka33
Bat Boy

i went into league schedule and was able to delete the game and sim past the day. the next day gives me the same error with the NL WC game.

there are no players on anyone's playoff roster, but i don't know if this normal until the first game is actually played?
Old 04-01-2019, 08:53 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I've run into this issue as well. Tried deleting the game but no go. deleted all the preseason games and it let me continue on.

EDIT: Figured it out. Spring Training roster is set to 0 - could of been from updating to the most recent version. Increasing that to a respectable size will fix the issue

Last edited by dave1927p; 04-01-2019 at 09:32 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:48 PM   #6
sirotka33
Bat Boy

i didn't figure out a way to get anything to work. i deleted by wild card games from the schedule and the season just ended, declaring the red sox world series champions (best record in the regular season) despite no playoff games being played.

i hurried through the off-season to see whats up, and got through spring training and at least the first game of 2020. i'm curious to see what happens when the next playoffs roll around.
Old 04-02-2019, 05:52 AM   #7
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Did you change any options to do with playoff rosters? It's possible that something got changed which made the game think nobody had a valid player on their playoff roster.

Deleting the game will cause the effect you saw -basically the game tries to see if all the playoff series are done, finds no games scheduled, borks, and just declares someone the winner.

But the initial problem as mentioned is likely due to teams not having eligible players for the players.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:56 AM   #8
Chris Ferrario

Could you possible check both team rosters for us to know if there are enough/too many players on them? Thank you.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #9
sirotka33
Bat Boy

these are the roster functions i changed, all changes made on creation of league before simming a day unless noted:

26 active roster size

30 expanded roster size

roster expansion date august 1st (changed on august 1st, game did not expand rosters at all in 2019, could be the issue i had?)

I also changed the numbers of relievers to 7, and number of position players to 14 under stats & ai.

active rosters had 26/26 players and all playoff rosters showed 0/26.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:29 AM   #10
dpaolini
Bat Boy

Scheduled game cannot be completed

Just had this happen for the first game of the regular season for my human team. After checking both team rosters, I went into league settings and increased roster size from 25 to 30. When I returned to the human team, I found a 26th player that did not appear on the roster previously. Must have been stuck in bit-byte limbo. I sent player to the minors, reset roster size to 25, and all is good.

Mentioning it here in case it helps someone else...
dpaolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #11
plinko83
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For whatever it's worth if this ever helps anyone in the future --

This happened to me today. This was in a fictional league, and i messed up in the league creation and made the expanded roster size smaller than the active roster size.

I had the standard roster size as 30, and the expanded roster at 28 (I meant to have it at 32). So when sept 1 and roster expansion came around, the teams rosters were illegal. It took me a while to figure it out, but eventually I did.

So anyhow, it's a data point for anyone who might need it in the future.
plinko83 is offline   Reply With Quote