Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #21
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Seeing the new game, and getting to open a huge amount of packs in the Beta, it clarified how I'm tying my hands behind my back with trying t limit my teams by franchises (ugh). So it looks like I'll let all three teams use whoever they get in the OL world - and I might also wait a couple weeks before I join... letting the teams build some achievements before I strip them of some of their best players (Lives).

I also love the card designs... going to pay more attention to simple collections as well.

Last edited by HRBaker; 03-23-2021 at 06:02 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:28 PM   #22
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Seeing the new game, and getting to open a huge amount of packs in the Beta, it clarified how I'm tying my hands behind my back with trying t limit my teams by franchises (ugh). So it looks like I'll let all three teams use whoever they get in the OL world

This will be my 4th year of PT and I have always went with running just one team.

With the amount of time and effort I pour into my team, I don't know how some guys can find the time and energy of running 3-6 PT teams at the same time! There is not enough hours in the day for me to even think of such an idea and it's already exhausting to actively run just one team !
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #23
JesseBarfield
Bat Boy

I love the idea! I know I am in with a team but I am still trying to decide it I will use the team I start on Friday or the team I start on Monday.
JesseBarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #24
allenciox
All Star Reserve

I will be in with Cary Southpaws (or whatever they get called this year). I will start with them on Monday. I am not sure when I will start Weston Pointe.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:28 AM   #25
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

I will be starting my 2 OL teams this afternoon. I will not add the -OL to the team name until they are compliant. I don't know that they will be for Monday, but I will try. I am hoping that with the extra packs from loyalty rewards I can do it. I don't want to waste precious PP buying low end historicals that will never be used after the first week or so.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:00 AM   #26
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Back for more punishment! After 50+ seasons, all three 2021 teams are still stuck in silver and lower. But...

TimMcDaniel, ZiphBarrett, and McGator are all planning to return. All three franchises are relocating once again. Will update when the moves are final.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:46 AM   #27
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

I'd like to join - Nowhere Men.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:48 AM   #28
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Looks like I have only one team that pulled a initial roster with enough non-live cards to go with (38 cards out of 60).

My other two teams are too thin to make wholesale changes, so I'll take a bit more time getting those two ready.

The team joining is "alexohio", "Baltimore Barons". I'll have it ready by Sunday night.

HRB
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:02 PM   #29
SPBJT
Minors (Double A)

I've got an entire non-live team. It stinks but it's something to start with.

Are we doing a 1-week buffer to get teams a chance to fill their team and start officially a week from Monday?

PT22: FTP Team "Our League Member"

PT21: FTP Non-Live Cards "Our-League member"

PT21: FTP Team

PT 20 History:
SPBJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 04:13 PM   #30
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
I'd like to join - Nowhere Men.
with the Tygr manager name like v21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBJT View Post
I've got an entire non-live team. It stinks but it's something to start with.

Are we doing a 1-week buffer to get teams a chance to fill their team and start officially a week from Monday?
guess it depends how many teams get in the first entry pool and placed into their respective leagues on Monday... but if we get four compliant teams in the same league right away, might as well start handing out the trophies...

Syrups won't get started in the entry pool until Monday, so I'll be a week behind.

spreadsheet updated... think I have everyone so far (23 entries, some still TBD on names)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 05:22 PM   #31
revmcgator
All Star Starter

timmcdaniel

IOWA GAINS NEW OL TEAM
The Ring Road Rams have returned to the U.S. and have found a new home in fields of Iowa. The West Burlington Farmhands will play their games at Squeaks Field. Town folk are highly excited by the new nine's arrival.

"Meh. Hope them fellers is better than my 'bean crop last year," said overwhlemed future-fan Jeb Stafford.

ziphbarrett

KIWIS WELCOME OL
K-Town left the Rock Pile behind and has been transplanted to the land of the Hobbits. Porirua Park is the new home for the Gear Terrace Warriors. The Warriors have a rich legacy of mediocrity, which matches the feeling of the future fanbase - we assume, since no future fans could be found for an interview.

mcgator

OL BREAKING BAD INTO SOUTH HOLLAND
Vlora’s White Stallions have broken from the pen and made their way to the mean streets of South Holland for PT2022. The South Holland El Caminos will set up shop at Zwaluwsingel Field. Manager McGator is thrilled by the new home.

"Just don't ask me how to pronounce the name of our stadium," the enthused skipper remarked.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-26-2021, 08:08 PM   #32
freudianslip
Bat Boy

It’s official: PT21 two-time Diamond League champion Inland Empire Wranglers will join OL for PT22!

forum username: freudianslip

Discord: freudianslip

Team name: Inland Empire Wranglers - OL (IE+)

I’m really looking forward to keeping the wallet put away this year and playing historical cards is all I’ve ever been interested in PT-wise so this league sounds perfect.
freudianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:48 PM   #33
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Couple of Questions

I really hit the wall in PT 21 and was convinced that, short of the ability to have a friends list that put those friends on a separate and exclusive track, I would not be back. However, the perfect draft mode piqued my interest, so I bought the game with the aim to try that out. I think it fits what I want from the game at this point - something fairly quick and interesting to play while drinking my morning coffee on the weekends. In reading this thread, it was nice to see some new names joining the old friends.

With that in mind, I will open the packs for the Port Ruppert Mundys, username-Luke_Gofannon. The Mundys are the only team that has appeared in every iteration of Our League. However, due to my dissatisfaction with the PT game itself, I will be on the sidelines with no plans to be particularly active, except for a couple of hours on Saturdays and/or Sundays. I just have no interest in the game, and were it not for the great folks in Our League (and the Mundys history), would not be involved at all.

This means that I will not be spending time with the game during the week and so will not be posting standings. I will, however, post final standing for whatever level the Mundys are in on Sunday morning, if I see they have been missed during that week.

This, finally, leads me to my "couple of questions." What is the league consensus on crowns and uniform patches for PT World Series success? Would you like them to continue? Would someone else prefer to do them? If number three applies, I would be willing to help with the transition. If not, I would do them on late Sunday afternoons when the PT playoffs are complete. The all OL World Series trophy would also continue.

By the way, if the consensus is to continue with the crowns, could the new teams please post their logos on this thread, so they'll be available?

One last question, how do I ensure that the Mundys get the full week in the prep league? Do I have to wait until Sunday evening to open the packs? Thanks and good luck to all.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:23 AM   #34
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post

One last question, how do I ensure that the Mundys get the full week in the prep league? Do I have to wait until Sunday evening to open the packs? Thanks and good luck to all.
You have to wait to open packs until Monday morning if you want the full week in entry league. I am personally going to wait until after 10am Monday to start to insure the current entry league is closed. I started too early on Monday in PT20 and caught the tail end of the weekend entry league.

I quit trying to upload my Warrior logo to my mac in 21, I will try again in 22 and send it along if it works.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:49 AM   #35
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
You have to wait to open packs until Monday morning if you want the full week in entry league. I am personally going to wait until after 10am Monday to start to insure the current entry league is closed. I started too early on Monday in PT20 and caught the tail end of the weekend entry league.

I quit trying to upload my Warrior logo to my mac in 21, I will try again in 22 and send it along if it works.

That's the kind of mistake I make all the time. Old age, I guess. Thanks for saving me from myself. For the logo, perhaps e-mail it to me.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #36
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
timmcdaniel

IOWA GAINS NEW OL TEAM
The Ring Road Rams have returned to the U.S. and have found a new home in fields of Iowa. The West Burlington Farmhands will play their games at Squeaks Field. Town folk are highly excited by the new nine's arrival.

"Meh. Hope them fellers is better than my 'bean crop last year," said overwhlemed future-fan Jeb Stafford.

ziphbarrett

KIWIS WELCOME OL
K-Town left the Rock Pile behind and has been transplanted to the land of the Hobbits. Porirua Park is the new home for the Gear Terrace Warriors. The Warriors have a rich legacy of mediocrity, which matches the feeling of the future fanbase - we assume, since no future fans could be found for an interview.

mcgator

OL BREAKING BAD INTO SOUTH HOLLAND
Vlora’s White Stallions have broken from the pen and made their way to the mean streets of South Holland for PT2022. The South Holland El Caminos will set up shop at Zwaluwsingel Field. Manager McGator is thrilled by the new home.

"Just don't ask me how to pronounce the name of our stadium," the enthused skipper remarked.

Love your story lines...great stuff! I'm going to have to pull for SH as that is my home town!

Quote:
I really hit the wall in PT 21 and was convinced that, short of the ability to have a friends list that put those friends on a separate and exclusive track, I would not be back. However, the perfect draft mode piqued my interest, so I bought the game with the aim to try that out. I think it fits what I want from the game at this point - something fairly quick and interesting to play while drinking my morning coffee on the weekends. In reading this thread, it was nice to see some new names joining the old friends.

With that in mind, I will open the packs for the Port Ruppert Mundys, username-Luke_Gofannon. The Mundys are the only team that has appeared in every iteration of Our League. However, due to my dissatisfaction with the PT game itself, I will be on the sidelines with no plans to be particularly active, except for a couple of hours on Saturdays and/or Sundays. I just have no interest in the game, and were it not for the great folks in Our League (and the Mundys history), would not be involved at all.

This means that I will not be spending time with the game during the week and so will not be posting standings. I will, however, post final standing for whatever level the Mundys are in on Sunday morning, if I see they have been missed during that week.

This, finally, leads me to my "couple of questions." What is the league consensus on crowns and uniform patches for PT World Series success? Would you like them to continue? Would someone else prefer to do them? If number three applies, I would be willing to help with the transition. If not, I would do them on late Sunday afternoons when the PT playoffs are complete. The all OL World Series trophy would also continue.

By the way, if the consensus is to continue with the crowns, could the new teams please post their logos on this thread, so they'll be available?

Which version did you decide on purchasing; Steam or PC?

Even if it is in a limited role, I am super happy to see you decided to come back for our fourth year of abuse!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 07:30 PM   #37
revmcgator
All Star Starter

[QUOTE=Bottom Of The Sixth;4761934]Love your story lines...great stuff! I'm going to have to pull for SH as that is my home town!

You're from the Netherlands!?!!
Old 03-28-2021, 01:24 AM   #38
Madmarcus
Minors (Single A)

I'll try this league.

Mad Brewers (-OL will be added later today when I log back in)

No theme right now because I wanted an Astros theme but it will take a long while to even have a bad Astros team.
Madmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:11 AM   #39
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:

Stanley, it's good to see you here!

I might not have said much, but I really enjoyed your artistic efforts for the OL and personally I'd love it if you continued them. But that's just me being selfish. So I hope you continue with your artistic creations.

As for your question about starting up, you got it answered - create your team after the initial leagues launch on Monday and you will be in the Entry Pool all week. That's what I'm doing with the Atom Smashers.

I started a team on Friday and given what I have pulled from packs so far (uh.... very little of substance) I can only hope my pack opening luck is building up for my other 2 teams!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #40
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Stanley, it's good to see you here!

I might not have said much, but I really enjoyed your artistic efforts for the OL and personally I'd love it if you continued them. But that's just me being selfish. So I hope you continue with your artistic creations.

As for your question about starting up, you got it answered - create your team after the initial leagues launch on Monday and you will be in the Entry Pool all week. That's what I'm doing with the Atom Smashers.

I started a team on Friday and given what I have pulled from packs so far (uh.... very little of substance) I can only hope my pack opening luck is building up for my other 2 teams!
I also selfishly wish for your artistic endeavors to continue!

Though I was determined to wait until Monday to begin my teams, learning that they would not run 24/7 through the week changed my mind, and all three teams have begun. Badly. Looking forward to much Stone and Iron play.