Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #2981
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League S285 Standings

Never got to doing the schedule because I was doing taste test baking and ironing table cloths (don't ask). Sorry. Will try to post the standings daily. I'm sure my teams won't miss me. Noticed two weird games - got 3000 PP for scoring 31 runs in a game, and lost another game 23-12. I guess in the second game, my placekicker missed two PATs, or we went for two after both TDs.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #2982
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

Legitimate question: do cards get "cursed" for lack of a better way to put it? At one time, I had Rizzo on two teams. They were both competing at the same leve and everyday starters. One card was very productive from year to year; the other was not. In fact, the better card's worst year was about on par with the lesser card's best. My initial thoughts were that this could be caused by lineup differences or some hidden mechanic. Is there an additional mechanic aside from rust that keeps a "bad" card down and a "good" card up? My gut says this is just an example of two small sample sets that will both regress to the mean eventually.

I guess this all comes down to - do you sit a player that is consistently underperforming or wait for that regression to the mean? Are there other, less obvious reasons, that will keep a particular card underperforming. Thanks for any guidance!

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #2983
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwilson View Post
Legitimate question: do cards get "cursed" for lack of a better way to put it? At one time, I had Rizzo on two teams. They were both competing at the same leve and everyday starters. One card was very productive from year to year; the other was not. In fact, the better card's worst year was about on par with the lesser card's best. My initial thoughts were that this could be caused by lineup differences or some hidden mechanic. Is there an additional mechanic aside from rust that keeps a "bad" card down and a "good" card up? My gut says this is just an example of two small sample sets that will both regress to the mean eventually.

I guess this all comes down to - do you sit a player that is consistently underperforming or wait for that regression to the mean? Are there other, less obvious reasons, that will keep a particular card underperforming. Thanks for any guidance!
differences in performance between two of the same card on different teams could come down to a lot of reasons.... different park factors, different pitchers faced, different defenses/shifts/etc... one card might be facing lesser opponents/more hitter friendly parks/porous defenses, while the other gets the opposite...

my 2 cents.... I always just let my lineup ride as they are my best 9 cards for those positions..... I figure, for example, even if Cool Papa Bell starts off batting under .200 with no stolen bases for the first month, he's still going to produce better than my backup (Peanuts Lowrey).... .

only change to that would be if I manage to pull a better card from a pack or pick up an upgrade from the AH; then obviously the new guy gets the starting job
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:24 AM   #2984
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

My team would be pretty good if it wasn't for these damn OL teams. 6-9 against OL teams 8-3 against the rest of the league.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:39 AM   #2985
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post
My team would be pretty good if it wasn't for these damn OL teams. 6-9 against OL teams 8-3 against the rest of the league.
Reverse for me. 8-4 against the OL, 6-9 against the not worthy

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #2986
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRS95 View Post

You got that right. 5-9 OL 9-3 the rest. In four seasons San Pedro is about 80 games over .500 and don’t remember a season where I was over .500 in OL games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #2987
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Ugh. Last place after the first month (despite a 14-13 overall record). Welcome to the league.

My pitching has been - inconsistent. Three pitchers with ERA+ 120 or better (including brand new acquisition 96 Roger Clemens which I got from my double Diamond pack) and two with sub-80 ERA+ marks. Although Bucky Walters did turn it around in his last start and beat the Atom Smashers

The less said about Jim Bunning's start, the better. Forget about being demoted to the bullpen - he's been sent to the reserve roster. Don Gullett is my new #5 starter, at least for May. We'll re-evaluate tomorrow.

Still, it's fun as always. Thanks for letting me in. I've updated the team name and abbreviation now.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:15 AM   #2988
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Reverse for me. 8-4 against the OL, 6-9 against the not worthy
4-11 vs OL, including 1-6 vs your Patriots. 11-3 vs non - OL.

Yay OL

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:53 AM   #2989
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevwilson View Post

I have posted thread about this and posted in here about the same thing. I have GOT to think that the card performs as the card should. However, it's also true that some cards just don't perform as well as they should. I had a Freddy Lindstrom that never hit 100 OPS+ for me in like 10 years.

I knew he should have hit better but he just never did. Some people suggested replacing him, or if I liked him, selling that card and buying another one. That sounded sort of superstitious, so I just went ahead and replaced him.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:20 PM   #2990
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I'm with superstition on this one. It's only two seasons, but in those 2 seasons in silver, I've had perfect Trout never hit above .228.

Last edited by Findest2001; 06-25-2019 at 03:31 PM.
Findest2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #2991
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Just picked up this Player of the Month and sold him for 13,800. The good thing about it was the pack was free from the Challenge Mode. I should have started playing that a long time ago!!

Name:  POTM.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  219.4 KB
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:58 PM   #2992
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

Hey, hey! Don't look now but the Diamond League Roncalli Rebels aren't just in last place anymore. We're TIED for last place! Big day tomorrow OL-wise.

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:18 PM   #2993
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Just picked up this Player of the Month and sold him for 13,800. The good thing about it was the pack was free from the Challenge Mode. I should have started playing that a long time ago!!

Attachment 633158
Keep Connor Joe away from meeeeee~!

*runs away*

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #2994
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I have posted thread about this and posted in here about the same thing. I have GOT to think that the card performs as the card should. However, it's also true that some cards just don't perform as well as they should. I had a Freddy Lindstrom that never hit 100 OPS+ for me in like 10 years.

I knew he should have hit better but he just never did. Some people suggested replacing him, or if I liked him, selling that card and buying another one. That sounded sort of superstitious, so I just went ahead and replaced him.
I know people say it isn't true, but it does seem like some cards are blessed while others are cursed even if they are different copies of the same card.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:24 PM   #2995
joehart
All Star Starter

Findest2001,

Looks like some good competition in the Iron league.
Crusaders, San Pedro, and your team ended up in the same division.
The teams have been swapping positions.

Also, you mentioned that you uploaded a custom logo.
Here is what I see in my standings.
Attached Images
Image Image 

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #2996
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

No I didn't custom anything. My logo should be two arrows crossing each other making an x. Ill check it again later
Old 06-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #2997
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
No I didn't custom anything. My logo should be two arrows crossing each other making an x. Ill check it again later
I'm seeing your logo
Old 06-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #2998
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Findest2001,

Looks like some good competition in the Iron league.
Crusaders, San Pedro, and your team ended up in the same division.
The teams have been swapping positions.

Also, you mentioned that you uploaded a custom logo.
Here is what I see in my standings.
Are you on your primary computer? My San Pedro logo is missing too. I purchased a second license on a different machine and I don't always see the logos when I log into it.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:31 PM   #2999
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I logged out and back in and now my logo is showing...at least for me
Old 06-25-2019, 09:33 PM   #3000
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

And now it's not showing again after the last simulation...wtf