Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #2841
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I will take that Scherzer card anytime on an OL card pull. The points would be enough to make a few great purchases.

I have to admit....struggling with points is actually a fun part of the OL game. Having to work hard and look for players is more fun than just going for the same 50 players on an high end team.
yeah, it's a good dilemma to have for sure..... since it's so late in the season, I just slotted him in the top starter role for the final month and will ride that team as far as it can go in the Bronze playoffs (already clinched the division at 101-48 right now.... who would've thought a pack-only f2p team with no real input from me would be doing so well

the batting lineup only has 4 live-2019 cards (1B/LF/CF/RF), but the pitching staff has 11 of the 12 cards as live 2019 versions.... I figure if I do go the OL compliant route, I might just keep all the live cards (including the Scherzer) for potential collection missions should they provide a decent reward I can use....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #2842
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I will take that Scherzer card anytime on an OL card pull. The points would be enough to make a few great purchases.

I have to admit....struggling with points is actually a fun part of the OL game. Having to work hard and look for players is more fun than just going for the same 50 players on an high end team.
An added bonus for you is that it gives your young men the chance for working on their own budget. This is a great lesson for them in the future for managing their finances. Dad can always teach allowance budgeting for things that they want but this hands on experience at a tender age has to be a positive, I would think.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #2843
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
yeah, it's a good dilemma to have for sure..... since it's so late in the season, I just slotted him in the top starter role for the final month and will ride that team as far as it can go in the Bronze playoffs (already clinched the division at 101-48 right now.... who would've thought a pack-only f2p team with no real input from me would be doing so well

the batting lineup only has 4 live-2019 cards (1B/LF/CF/RF), but the pitching staff has 11 of the 12 cards as live 2019 versions.... I figure if I do go the OL compliant route, I might just keep all the live cards (including the Scherzer) for potential collection missions should they provide a decent reward I can use....
My packs only team is in the same spot as you, down in Iron. The only input I've had was setting the lineup and rotation at the start of the week. However, I'm going to be selling all the live players I have to finance pack openings in the hopes of getting a few decent silver+ historicals.

Now that I've said that, watch all my packs on Sunday night be nothing but lives, and I enter next week with nothing but mostly bronze historicals!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-22-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:31 PM   #2844
Magus978
All Star Starter

With only a handful of games to go, let's see how the Our Leaguers in S279 are doing...

AC East - Bluffton are 2 behind The ATL Braves. At 75-80, winning a weak AC East would be the only route to the playoffs for the Boomerangs.

AC Central - Sanguine (85-71) are technically still alive for a wildcard at 5 games behind, but they are going to need a complete meltdown by the team directly ahead of them, the 90-66 non-OL Las Vegas Silver Knights. The Janesville Onyx, at 67-88, are assured safety from the drop and will compete in silver again next season.

AC West - This is where the fun is. The New York Patriots were once 17 games behind the non-OL Faybik Experience. Then they went on a huge post All-Star Break run of 43-16 while Faybik has gone 26-33 to completely wipe out that 17 game lead. Port Ruppert are 67-88, but just took 2 out of 3 from the Patriots.

AC Wildcard - The loser of the AC West shootout will be one of the wildcards unless something hysterical goes down. As said before, Sanguine will need a miracle to overtake Las Vegas for the second spot.

NC East - It's been a disappointing season for both the Las Vegas Gamblers (71-85) and Asylum Keepers (67-89), both have long since been eliminated from playoff contention, but both are safe from relegation.

NC Central - Motown (92-64) are looking for back to back promotions, and they hold a 5 game lead over non-OL Gotham Knights. Daytona Beach (78-77) is still mathematically alive in the wildcard, as are Terra Incognita (76-79), but crazy things will have to happen for either to have any kind of a path towards serious October baseball.

NC West - It's been quite the disaster of a season for Sabakon's Salem Witches (62-93), who are still in danger of being relegated and need a few more wins to achieve survival.

NC Wildcard - Daytona Beach & Terra Incognita, as mentioned, both need pianos to fall out of the sky repeatedly to have any chance.

Old 06-22-2019, 11:27 PM   #2845
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Ineligible player

Self-reporting an ineligible player used for the Stephensville Bears in I192.

I have no idea how/why, but Giancarlo Stanton (LIVE) was used in 13 OL games between 8/8/2031 and 9/19/2031. The teams affected and records during that time were:

Pablo Pandas (1-5)
New York Mets (2-1)
Mudville Muffins (3-0)
Chi-Town Towers (1-0)

Obviously the 7 wins must be forfeited. If additional forfeits/penalties are taken, that's fine too.

I apologize for the error.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:38 PM   #2846
Magus978
All Star Starter

The division's out of the question unless I sweep Faybik in the final series. Why? Because we pulled an utter no-show in losing 2 out of 3 to a team fighting relegation.

I deserve such a better fate for turning a 17 game deficit into nothing. Why even make the comeback if you're not going to finish it? More bad luck for someone who's already got enough to build a whole religion.

Positive Magus almost made it a whole week. Seeing the 17 game comeback be wasted by losing to bottom-feeders killed him.

Last edited by Magus978; 06-22-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 12:07 AM   #2847
Magus978
All Star Starter

Here, I'll post something a little happier...well, for some people at least. The state of play with 3 to go in I192

AC East - New Zealand Silver Ferns (100-59) have won the division. San Pedro Cerranos (73-86) will finish 4th.

AC Central - No OL teams

AC West - Hampton Roads (106-53) has clinched the division. Arkham Horrors (102-57) are in as a wildcard and will host the AC wildcard game.

AC Wildcard - The second wildcard is still to be decided. Mudville Muffins (92-67) have a 2 game lead over non-OL Wilmette Black Knights (90-69)

NC East - Boogie Knights (104-55) clinched this a long time ago.

NC Central - New York Mets (104-55) also clinched this a long time ago. Redmond Birds (84-75) have lost 7 in a row and now need a miracle to extend their season.

NC West - Pablo Pandas (100-59) will be the #3 seed in the National Conference playoffs. Stephensville Bears (91-68) will be a wildcard.

NC Wildcard - Stephensville will host the wildcard game, most likely against the non-OL Las Vegas Assassins (87-72), unless they get swept by non-OL Arvada (75-84), and Redmond can reel off 3 straight against the non-OL Mountain Park Mighty Mice (78-81).

Old 06-23-2019, 01:48 AM   #2848
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

It was nearly all OL teams in the Bronze 232 playoffs but the Vancouver Dragons managed to edge the Ozark Bobcats for the second wildcard spot in the American Conference so alas, not quite a sweep.

I've got a wildcard game against the Victoria Vikings. I've got a 12-7 edge over the entire season against them but they must have one of the most feared batting lineups out there so I'm not liking my chances.

Good luck to everyone.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 06-23-2019, 03:18 AM   #2849
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I bought Terry Pendleton to take over for Madlock at 3B because I needed more defense while retaining the hitting. Plus Pendleton is a switch hitter. I paid 1,600PP for him, and boy was he worth it! His fifth game in my uniform and he unleashed a 5-hit, 3-HR, 1,180PP game! I love it when an investment pays off
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2019, 05:54 AM   #2850
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 Final

Update: I just saw Revmcgator's post about his roster error. I will post alternate results shortly

Congrats to the Hampton Roads Rush on taking the OL Crown with a 49-29 record and a .628 winning percentage.
Attached Images

Last edited by Edster007; 06-23-2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Updated
Edster007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #2851
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 Revised Final

Resulted in no change at the top- the Hampton Roads Rush are the 2031 OL Champion.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #2852
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Summary of Bronze .232 OL Season

Tacoma Aroma is the B232 OL champion with a win rate of .661!

1980's All-Stars has mediocre showing this sesaon, with below .500 records against too many teams and the only positive showings were against Auckland Athletics(4-3), Harbour Town Falcons(4-2), Little Rock Crayons(10-9) and Sad Hill Hunters(2-2). That's 4 out of 10 teams All-Stars faced, certainly not an All-Star showing from them.

Asheboro Road Dogs played like rabid dogs that somehow received military training. They would not care who they were facing, they will just bite your face off, with very strong showing against 1980's All-Stars(5-2), Little Rock Crayons(5-1), Redmond Defenders(5-1) and most worthy of all, champion Tacoma Aroma(5-1). The only two teams Road Dogs had problem with this season was Melaka Armada(3-4) and Victoria Vikings(8-11). We can conclude that these dogs have no aqua training yet(hey, they are ROAD dogs, not SEA dogs) so if you want to win against them, have a marine-oriented logo and name!

Auckland Athletics' +9 positive largely came from their strong showing against Harbour Town Falcons(12-7) and Victoria Vikings(12-7). Results against other teams were mild, usually in the +1 to -1 range, aside from Tacoma Aroma(2-5). A great showing from a team that was among the five to be above .500 in this grindy season.

It's the darkest time for Gotham Knights, who simply could not find their rhythm all season long against OL teams. If this were a Batman movie, this would be the part where Batman was gone and Gotham City was in chaos and crime rate was at an all-time high. The Knights did not go without a fight though, putting great records against Harbour Town Falcons(5-2) and -- goddarn it, it's my Melaka Armada(5-1) again, just like every other season. The most lopsided result was against Tacoma Aroma, who when I saw that line, lyrics of Call Me Maybe started going through my mind. Aroma simply had their numbers, winning 16 out of their 19 showings.

Harbour Town Falcons just could not get things done this season, with net negative against most teams aside from Melaka Armada(4-3). Harsh season for them if +1's the greatest they can pull off. Auckland Athletics, as I said above, were overwhelming to them and so were Victoria Vikings, who were into Falcons meat this season. Hey, you gonna eat what you can find when you are on the road pillaging the globe.

Little Rock Crayons' results were all red and green this season -- extreme and opposite(or complementary, if we stick to the colors metaphor), they either crush you or get crushed. We have got 1-5, 4-2, 5-2, 1-6, 11-8 and everything was +2 to -2 or even wider. Middle ground be darned!

Melaka Armada has an uneventful pseudo-.500 season. All matchups were within the +1 to -1 range except for Gotham Knights(1-5) who abused Armada to give their fans a little bit of joy for the season and Little Rock Crayons(8-11), cuz it's the team's tradition to not do well against the rebels. Melaka finally has a solid showing against Victoria Vikings(5-2) but nope, you can't have all of that, the other two teams with no OL said. So, temporarily remove your -OL when you are against Melaka, and put them back later on. I have solved my own team!

Ozark Bobcats might just be the saddest OL team this season, no one awanted to play with them and they were left Han Solo-ing in the AC West division. It's not a surprise really, we certainly would prefer to play with cuter cats than Bobcats, look at Minnesota KittiCorns now that's a cat cute enough and I can get behind! Anyway, the Bobcats did make their best out of the situation, but the low game count really costed them when they went 1-5 against the Texas Strangers. These Texas dudes certainly knew how to take down the big cats.

Redmond Defenders was another team left alone in the AC East corner. They had serious results against non-OL team with their Defenders approach of YOU.SHALL.NOT.SCORE! -- winning the division with a great 94-68 season. Hence, their major underperformance in the OL league was quite the surprise. Their barriers were unable to content the OL offense, especially the rabid charges of Asheboro Road Dogs(1-5) and the seafaring, BATtleaxe-wielding Victoria Vikings(1-3). Both teams were offensive machine with high AVG, and the only offensive stat the Redmond ballpark was willing to give was exactly that, 1.1 AVG.

Sad Hill Hunters has a pseudo-.500 season(they might be 46.81% but if it were 23-24, they would be real close to .500; the low match count affected the % way too much so I am calling them close to .500 even though the % did not indicate that). In a closely contested OL season, they just could not find any team they could hunt for real, as most teams put up good fights to be in the +1 to -1 range.

Tacoma Aroma had Gotham Knights to thank for their OL crown this season. Tacoma Aroma has strong all-around showing, with great win rate, aside from GK, against 1980's All-Stars(5-2), Auckland Athletics(5-2), Little Rock Crayons(5-2) and Victoria Vikings(5-2). They certainly deserved the crown but it would be different timeline if Gotham Knights put up a better fight.

Texas Strangers were the other team to have a 60+% season and they won more against every team they fought besides Melaka Armada(3-3) who held them to a tie. Their other results were 3-1, 3-0, 5-1, 4-2 and 10-9. The 10-9 were against their conference rivals Sad Hill Hunters, and I pictured them as two cowboy squads gunning against each other in wild west fashion. They should be put together next season to determine who're the better bat-slingers!

Victoria Viking was another team that had some extreme results. The Vikings went all in as much as Argonaut's other team Little Rock Crayons. The teams that really held them down from getting 60%+ were Auckland Athletics(7-12), Melaka Armada(2-5) and Tacoma Aroma(2-5).

Good luck to the eight teams in the Bronze playoff, make OL proud!
Attached Images
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #2853
Edster007
All Star Starter

Iron 192 Playoffs

OL has eight playoff teams out of a possible nine spots they could occupy. Just missing out on the second wildcard spot in the NC.

In the AC:

Arkham (103-59) will host Mudville (94-68) in the wildcard with the winner meeting Hampton Roads (109-53)

New Zealand (100-62) will take on the Central Division winners Richland Buffaloes (82-80)

In the NC:

Stephensville (92-70) will take on the Las Vegas Assassins (89-73) the winner will play the Boogie Knights (106-56)

In series I would by tickets to see the New York Mets (106-56) will square off with the Pablo Pandas (101-61)

Both Chi-Town and San Pedro finished in 4th place in their respective divisions with 76-86 records.

Redmond finished at 86-76 and finished 3 games out of the final wildcard after a tough September.

Good Luck to all.
Old 06-23-2019, 06:51 AM   #2854
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

RE: Bucharest Logo

There seemed to be no way to attach images in a PM, so here are two possibilities.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:59 AM   #2855
Charlatan
All Star Starter

S279 End of Season Update

Motown outshines competition, Stars claim OL crown

non OL S279 news

New York win the 1st NC wild card spot
Motown won the AC Central
The only way they will play each other in the postseason is if both teams make it to the Silver Series. Good luck!

Salem will be relegated

Code:
Our League Standings - S279 - 2031			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Motown Stars		51	16	.761
Sanguine Classics	30	20	.600
DB Pickleballers	31	32	.492
Las Vegas Gamblers	23	24	.489
Port Ruppert Mundys	21	22	.488
Janesville Onyx		23	26	.469
Bluffton Boomerangs	16	19	.457
New York Patriots	19	23	.452
TI Rustlers		27	37	.422
Salem Witches		16	25	.390
Asylum Keepers		20	33	.377

x
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #2856
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
Tacoma Aroma is the B232 OL champion with a win rate of .661!

1980's All-Stars has mediocre showing this sesaon, with below .500 records against too many teams and the only positive showings were against Auckland Athletics(4-3), Harbour Town Falcons(4-2), Little Rock Crayons(10-9) and Sad Hill Hunters(2-2). That's 4 out of 10 teams All-Stars faced, certainly not an All-Star showing from them.

Asheboro Road Dogs played like rabid dogs that somehow received military training. They would not care who they were facing, they will just bite your face off, with very strong showing against 1980's All-Stars(5-2), Little Rock Crayons(5-1), Redmond Defenders(5-1) and most worthy of all, champion Tacoma Aroma(5-1). The only two teams Road Dogs had problem with this season was Melaka Armada(3-4) and Victoria Vikings(8-11). We can conclude that these dogs have no aqua training yet(hey, they are ROAD dogs, not SEA dogs) so if you want to win against them, have a marine-oriented logo and name!

Auckland Athletics' +9 positive largely came from their strong showing against Harbour Town Falcons(12-7) and Victoria Vikings(12-7). Results against other teams were mild, usually in the +1 to -1 range, aside from Tacoma Aroma(2-5). A great showing from a team that was among the five to be above .500 in this grindy season.

It's the darkest time for Gotham Knights, who simply could not find their rhythm all season long against OL teams. If this were a Batman movie, this would be the part where Batman was gone and Gotham City was in chaos and crime rate was at an all-time high. The Knights did not go without a fight though, putting great records against Harbour Town Falcons(5-2) and -- goddarn it, it's my Melaka Armada(5-1) again, just like every other season. The most lopsided result was against Tacoma Aroma, who when I saw that line, lyrics of Call Me Maybe started going through my mind. Aroma simply had their numbers, winning 16 out of their 19 showings.

Harbour Town Falcons just could not get things done this season, with net negative against most teams aside from Melaka Armada(4-3). Harsh season for them if +1's the greatest they can pull off. Auckland Athletics, as I said above, were overwhelming to them and so were Victoria Vikings, who were into Falcons meat this season. Hey, you gonna eat what you can find when you are on the road pillaging the globe.

Little Rock Crayons' results were all red and green this season -- extreme and opposite(or complementary, if we stick to the colors metaphor), they either crush you or get crushed. We have got 1-5, 4-2, 5-2, 1-6, 11-8 and everything was +2 to -2 or even wider. Middle ground be darned!

Melaka Armada has an uneventful pseudo-.500 season. All matchups were within the +1 to -1 range except for Gotham Knights(1-5) who abused Armada to give their fans a little bit of joy for the season and Little Rock Crayons(8-11), cuz it's the team's tradition to not do well against the rebels. Melaka finally has a solid showing against Victoria Vikings(5-2) but nope, you can't have all of that, the other two teams with no OL said. So, temporarily remove your -OL when you are against Melaka, and put them back later on. I have solved my own team!

Ozark Bobcats might just be the saddest OL team this season, no one awanted to play with them and they were left Han Solo-ing in the AC West division. It's not a surprise really, we certainly would prefer to play with cuter cats than Bobcats, look at Minnesota KittiCorns now that's a cat cute enough and I can get behind! Anyway, the Bobcats did make their best out of the situation, but the low game count really costed them when they went 1-5 against the Texas Strangers. These Texas dudes certainly knew how to take down the big cats.

Redmond Defenders was another team left alone in the AC East corner. They had serious results against non-OL team with their Defenders approach of YOU.SHALL.NOT.SCORE! -- winning the division with a great 94-68 season. Hence, their major underperformance in the OL league was quite the surprise. Their barriers were unable to content the OL offense, especially the rabid charges of Asheboro Road Dogs(1-5) and the seafaring, BATtleaxe-wielding Victoria Vikings(1-3). Both teams were offensive machine with high AVG, and the only offensive stat the Redmond ballpark was willing to give was exactly that, 1.1 AVG.

Sad Hill Hunters has a pseudo-.500 season(they might be 46.81% but if it were 23-24, they would be real close to .500; the low match count affected the % way too much so I am calling them close to .500 even though the % did not indicate that). In a closely contested OL season, they just could not find any team they could hunt for real, as most teams put up good fights to be in the +1 to -1 range.

Tacoma Aroma had Gotham Knights to thank for their OL crown this season. Tacoma Aroma has strong all-around showing, with great win rate, aside from GK, against 1980's All-Stars(5-2), Auckland Athletics(5-2), Little Rock Crayons(5-2) and Victoria Vikings(5-2). They certainly deserved the crown but it would be different timeline if Gotham Knights put up a better fight.

Texas Strangers were the other team to have a 60+% season and they won more against every team they fought besides Melaka Armada(3-3) who held them to a tie. Their other results were 3-1, 3-0, 5-1, 4-2 and 10-9. The 10-9 were against their conference rivals Sad Hill Hunters, and I pictured them as two cowboy squads gunning against each other in wild west fashion. They should be put together next season to determine who're the better bat-slingers!

Victoria Viking was another team that had some extreme results. The Vikings went all in as much as Argonaut's other team Little Rock Crayons. The teams that really held them down from getting 60%+ were Auckland Athletics(7-12), Melaka Armada(2-5) and Tacoma Aroma(2-5).

Good luck to the eight teams in the Bronze playoff, make OL proud!

The Philadelphia Patriots and Wheatland Jets are not in the standings. Sorry for not bringing this up sooner, but my son is getting married this Saturday, and he and his fiance are taking a very hands on approach to a somewhat unusual, but delightful, celebration, so I have not been following things as carefully as usual. It has been a real help not to have compiling chores this week.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 06-23-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-23-2019, 08:25 AM   #2857
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Motown adds to Crown Collection

A silver to go with the bronze in '28. Crownings may be later than usual due to RL.
Attached Images
Old 06-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #2858
Charlatan
All Star Starter

No worries about the timing.... this real life stuff sometimes gets in the way!

But seriously, sounds like you're going to have a great week - here's hoping it all goes smoothly and everyone has a wonderful time.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #2859
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league final OL standings:

In a crazy finish, Harlem made the most of their OL league games, sweeping 6 games in the final week against Cooper (part of a 10 game winning streak) to overtake Annandale and secure their first Gold league OL title (and third title overall).

For the overall picture, 6 OL teams made the post season, and we are guaranteed to have at least on OL team achieving promotion to Diamond level, as Annandale will face either Shasta or Transylvania in the LDS, so the winner of that round will be heading to Diamond next year.

In the AC East, Waffletown made a push to try and catch Pike County for the division title, but it wasn't to be; and the Syrups fell 3 games short. Waffletown still secured the top spot in the wild card and will host Indianapolis.

AC Central: Harlem went on a tear in September (21-7) and ran away with the division by 14 games over the second place team. They secured the best record in either league and will have home field advantage throughout the post season. Cooper fell back to third place with a 77-85 record and will remain at Gold level next season. Harlem will face the winner of the Waffletown-Indianapolis wild card game.

NC Central: Palolo held off a charge from Shasta to secure the division title; but all is not lost for the Black Bears, as Shasta was able to nab the second wild card spot. Shasta will travel to Transylvania for the wild card game.

NC West: As the case in the NC Central, in the West, Annandale had to fend off a charge from Transylvania to finish 2 games up on the Impalers. Annandale will face the winner of the Transylvania-Shasta wild card game. At the other end of the division, CliffMarkle struggled down the stretch (10-17 in September) and fell to 29th position in the league, one game behind the 28th spot; so CliffMarkle will be relegated back to Silver next season.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:26 AM   #2860
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Harlem Crown

Congratulations.
Attached Images