Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 03-31-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

32 teams 6 divisions 2 league REQUEST

I currently have a good file for this, but it gives me the same interleague teams every year. Not a big deal, but looking for variation.

Looking for a setup where AL West and NL Central have 6 teams. the rest are the same. With regular season interleague play, rotation of teams each year. (NOT SAME TEAMS)

Thanks!
Baseballman2K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:54 PM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
I currently have a good file for this, but it gives me the same interleague teams every year. Not a big deal, but looking for variation.

Looking for a setup where AL West and NL Central have 6 teams. the rest are the same. With regular season interleague play, rotation of teams each year. (NOT SAME TEAMS)

Thanks!
I have an excel sheet that pretty much changes the matchups. It does not work well when the divisions are not the same size. But here is what I can do. IF, big IF the interleague games have multiple games played on the same day I can rotate the matchups, this depends on how the matchups where determined, but I have done this in the past. I simply clean the schedule scrubbing the xml code, look at the matchups and simply change them by day series. I do this by changing the team numbers in the schedule. So if the numbers were 1-5 in the first division, they would be 1-5 in a different, random order. This changes the matchups. It just depends on how the matchups were created. Upload your schedule and I can put it into excel and analyze the matchups to determine if they can be changed easily. I would then give you multiple schedules for the rotation each year. I do not create schedules but I am pretty good using Excel that I can manipulate the table to alter the schedule. So upload it here and I will see what I can do with it.

James
Old 04-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

This is an easy fix.

Looking at this in excel I can fix this easily. The schedule I am looking at is probably the same schedule you are using. It will take time, but is really easy. This would give you 3 schedules.

Now I have a question. Are you comfortable with excel? I mean not really creating anything but simply entering a number into a table. I am asking because in each schedule teams only play 4 interleague opponents, but there are 5 or 6 in the other division. I could give you a spreadsheet to allow playing different teams each rotation. All you would have to do is enter on a table a new "result" number each time you use a schedule other than the first time. Example table will have numbers 1-32 in the left column.
All you do is to type a number in the right column (div 1 - 5 teams may be 1,2,3,4,5 originally) you would enter in the right any combination 1-5. This changes the matchups and since the subleagues play each other the same amount of time respective to their division, this would only alter matchups for the interleague. 1 may play 17,18,19,21 initially but by changing the order you may have playing 18,19,20,21 the second time through. This will always give you the opportunity to play every team eventually, even if it is not totally an even number through out your league history. Then the new results which are just 4 columns are pasted in the xml format page. Just past special, sort by date and home - copy the formatted data to your lsdl file.

This sounds complicated but it only takes about 1 minute to do - no entry on your part except for changing 32 values in a table. I will document this and after you do it once you will not need to have the documentation.

I will give you the initial 3 schedules already to go and I will upload the spreadsheet with simple 30 second instructions. If you don't want it maybe others may (probably even some of the fine schedule makers)

I am a data analyst not a schedule creator - but I like the idea of having only 1 schedule and having the ability to make unlimited number of schedule from it. Simple with the use of Excel.

I will have these done today some time.....

James
Old 04-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

I appreciate your help, but currently awaiting a hotfix or new patch, my game is crashing too often and I don't want to delve into a franchise until it's fixed
Old 04-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Schedules

I have them done. I will post them so that you will have them when needed. Also these turned out great. I was just going to rotate the divisions so that the matchups change but found a few things I did not like. I could have created 3 schedules, but looking at this I found that doing this the teams only played 75% of the teams in interleague play over the 3 season. Math taught me if I get 3/4 in 3, then logically I can get 4/4 in 4. So I changed the IL matchups so that each team will get 8 different opponents (4/4) each year and 8 goes into 16 2x- sodouble this up and each team plays EVERY IL opponent a home and away series rotating for 4 years. No duplicate series... I will post the schedules and the html in game screen shots of the schedule evaluator.

Side note: I create schedules for the historical minor leagues and use many spreadsheets to convert the input I have into lsdl files. I incorporated (somewhat) the sheets to the do these schedules. They were crude but then I started developing a user-friendly version of this where in 4-year sets people can build their own custom schedules with this format. I can do a set of 4 in about 2 minutes with the spreadsheet. I automated as much as possible. I will post the spreadsheet with instructions if anyone would be interested - the spreadsheet is custom and creates schedules for the 32 team request above. I think it is pretty cool if I was playing a league and wanted a different schedule each season (if I planned on playing more than a few years) If playing this setup and played 20 years, you would never have a schedule duplicated.

Any how here are the schedules - if anyone is interested in the SchGen system spreadsheet (ods format) I will post it here also. It has been fun. Took me minutes to output schdules and hours to create the spreadsheet to make it user friendly. My daughter, who hates baseball and could care less about schedules (she's only 7), took about 5 minutes to create one with me stepping her through the process, and did 5 more within 15 minutes without my supervision. That is how easy this is....

James
Old 04-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Holy Crap

I was thinking no one would want this because of the division setups. I was just playing around - current setup is 5/5/6 - 5/6/5 which is a bit odd. I just tried something and it worked. I can create schedules with this in any combination of 5/5/6 subleagues (I think there are 9 combinations). This is all done from only 1 schedule being used as a base and a spreadsheet to manipulate it to create custom schedules ( never duplicating a previous schedule).

I just can't create a schedule by scratch, but I can use tools to create a custom schedule (with the same format). This is actually fun. This guy GMO I use his schedules to play with because they are commented but they all seem to be from 2008-2010, and I do not see any posts from him. Shame because analyzing his schedules I see how he put them together and he had a pretty good technique. He had patterns in his schedules, but now with excel, these can somewhat be "hidden" a bit.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

So the above schedules are all the same, correct?

(For AL West 6, NL Central 6).
Old 04-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #8
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Yes, the only thing that changed was the matchups. Divisions all are the same as formats 5-5-6/5-6-5 AL/NL

How this was set up: League matchups are the same. Interleague: 24 games a season = 8 3-game series. Leagues have 16 teams. I created it so that all teams play half of the teams in the other league 4*3 home 4*3 away. So s1 has 8 opponents, either home or away. s2 flips the interleague so after 2 seasons each league plays 8 teams 3h/3a. s3 and s4 work the same way but the leagues play the 8 teams they did not face in s1 and s2. After 4 seasons each league would have played ALL 16 opponents 3h/3a.

If I went by divisions it would only require 3 schedules, but because of the divisions not having equal teams you would only have played against about 75% of the total number of teams in the opposite league. So seeing that you play 3/4 of the teams in 3 seasons, basic math told me that I would get 4/4 in 4. This schedule works out better than the original because you now play different matchups. Thinking about it you could play the schedules 1a,2a,1b,2b so that every 2 years you have played every team 8 teams home/8 teams away. The "b" versions just give you a home and an away against all of the teams.

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 04-10-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #9
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

I downloaded one, and when I go to the "Schedule loaded from file:" in the OOTP Options screen...I click that right tab and it says "Windows cannot open the selected file" and wants me to choose from a list.

I thought that is where I selected a schedule file to load? I'm having a brain-fart

EDIT: aaand five minutes later I figured it out! lol. Ya I was trying to load it from wrong screen

Last edited by Baseballman2K5; 04-12-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: PROBLEM SOLVED
Old 04-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #10
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

Currently in August of my first year with my expansion team.

So far so GREAT! on the schedule file.

Thank you so much. One more question...with the current one loaded, I won't need to load one anymore (each offseason)?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #11
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballman2K5 View Post
Currently in August of my first year with my expansion team.

So far so GREAT! on the schedule file.

Thank you so much. One more question...with the current one loaded, I won't need to load one anymore (each offseason)?

You will need to load a schedule each year. It literally takes under a minute, so I think it is worth the trouble to have different matchups. OOTP does mix up the matchups, but not to the point where you are changing all matchups. I think it is based on standings, so at most it is minimal changes to actual matchups, would not change the matchups in a subleague if they play each other now they will all play each other in any schedule system - all that would change is the dates of the matchups. Custom schedules are needed mainly when you adjust who you matchup with. In your case 1/4 of the interlegue matchups home and away each season. 4 years Everyone plays. OOTP's schedule changes would be a crapshoot on who you play the next season and seasons after that.

I have not played a full season playing fictional, but see why I would want to go custom if I did so. If I play historical (dmb player also - so I mainly play historical) I would use an actual season schedule. This is the reason I am working on the minor leagues schedules. For fictional I want the feel of a real league and rotating schedules seems like that is what a "real" league may do.

James
Old 04-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #12
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Curious

I don't have no idea how OOTP works - really a newbie who is interested but I prefer DMB, but getting expensive, so I am trying out OOTP18.

But looking at the schedules don't they have the year in the historical schedules, both major and minor leagues. Would the game be smart enough to load a schedule if you put it the schedules folder if it was named in the same format as the OOTP schedules. Example: leaguename_year or does the game not load schedules automatically. I was thinking if historical schedules are loaded automatically there would be a way of autoloading fictional schedules.

I apologize if this is a stupid post and I just don't know how the schedules work, but I am curious also.

James
Old 04-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #13
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
You will need to load a schedule each year. It literally takes under a minute, so I think it is worth the trouble to have different matchups. OOTP does mix up the matchups, but not to the point where you are changing all matchups. I think it is based on standings, so at most it is minimal changes to actual matchups, would not change the matchups in a subleague if they play each other now they will all play each other in any schedule system - all that would change is the dates of the matchups. Custom schedules are needed mainly when you adjust who you matchup with. In your case 1/4 of the interlegue matchups home and away each season. 4 years Everyone plays. OOTP's schedule changes would be a crapshoot on who you play the next season and seasons after that.

I have not played a full season playing fictional, but see why I would want to go custom if I did so. If I play historical (dmb player also - so I mainly play historical) I would use an actual season schedule. This is the reason I am working on the minor leagues schedules. For fictional I want the feel of a real league and rotating schedules seems like that is what a "real" league may do.

James

Ahh okay. So I need to download all 4 files and rotate em in each year? I'm fine with that, as you said it takes seconds. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #14
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

I'm entering year 3 of my franchise and have been using your 4 download links...and have been very pleased! Thank you very much! Exactly what I wanted.