Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
rleb
Major Leagues

Do you enjoy writing about your team? PEBA is the league for you! Three teams available!

ONE OF OOTP'S MORE IMMERSIVE LEAGUES HAS AN OPENING

PEBA is a dynasty report and online league, all rolled into one!

PEBA, a storied and prolific league, has an opening and we are looking for an active GM who enjoys doing a bit of writing about whatever their heart desires :

- their team

- the league environment

-
perhaps a podcast?

- fiction peripherally related to the league

- Hemingway-esque international intrigue with a side of sabrmetric analysis

- ...umm, theology(?)

...or a whole host of random other stuff.

Are you that GM? Do you like to blog or tweet or periscope or [fill in the blank of the newest social media sensation]? Then PEBA is for you. The league's storied writing focus is designed so that all writing preferences - short form, long form, serial, telenovela, Broadway musical - will be welcome and rewarded in the league's unique contribution points system.

GM's can then cash in their points towards a whole list of things : in-game cash, upgrading stadiums.... or just giving your oddball pitcher that perfect nickname!

Spring Training for the 2025 season has just arrived, and the Scottish Claymores are looking for a new GM to build towards the future! It is a perfect time to jump in! (see below for more info on the Claymores team)

OOTP Version: 17 (will be upgrading to 18 after the current season, in July or so)
Format: Fictional
First Season: 2007
Current Season: 2025 Spring Training
Days Per Sim: 7
Sims Per Week: 2-3

Our goal is to create an immersive and highly entertaining fictional baseball environment. We welcome any owner who enjoys contributing to that goal regardless of experience level. If you're an enthusiastic OOTP newbie or a seasoned vet looking for a new group of friendly people to compete against, the PEBA may be the perfect landing spot for you!

-----

Scottish Claymores
2024 Team Record : 65-97
Home Stadium : The Castle (capacity: 35,000)
(click above for team report)

This team might have had the most unusual history of all current PEBA teams. The team
now known as the Scottish Claymores began life halfway across the world in the Japanese
LRS league, as the 'Fushigi Yigi Celestial Warriors'. A respectable club, they won the Japanese
championship twice, in 2010 and 2018. But in 2021, in order to create a true 'worldwide' league,
the PEBA and LRS merged, and the team decided to move to the USA in order to ensure future growth.

That year, the team settled in Dayton, Ohio as the 'Dayton Flyers', and prepared to take on
the best baseball teams in the world. However, the team inherited their LRS roster, and growing pains
were expected. The limited resources in Dayton meant that the team was never able to financially grow
past a modest 50-60 million dollar player payroll, and thus struggled to keep up.

One man who believed in the team was Philadelphia businessman Sam Hayes. After the 2023 season, he
bought the team, and negotiated to relocate them to Scotland's capital city of Edinburgh. As crazy
as the idea sounds, the UK had already become baseball fans over the past two decades
thanks to the PEBA's London Underground (who even captured Europe's first PEBA title in 2018).
The team plays out of "The Castle"; a stadium that holds a modest number of fans, but
their home field is a middle-age-style stone structure that needs to be seen to be be believed!

The team is craving for an enthusiastic GM that wants to get this team properly off the ground, and
show the league (and especially their rivals in London!) what Scottish baseball can look like!

Fun Fact: When they introduce players on opening day, they are all dressed in proper Scottish
kilts, giving photographers a chance to snap some unique group pictures. Of course, to avoid
any wardrobe malfunctions, they quickly change back to a full baseball uniform before the game begins!

-----

League Origin Story

The year was 2007, and America was starved for its National Pastime. The PED Scandal and greed on all fronts broke the nations trust in Major League Baseball, and an Institution of well over 100 years folded up shop and closed their doors. In came John Rodriguez, Sr and a group of wise business men who brought baseball back to the forefront – eschewing the big city lights and bringing the game back to the people.

It's hard to believe that was nearly 19 years ago.

Since it opened its doors, PEBA has had its share of controversy and tragedy; dynasty and Cinderella. It’s the home to ‘Fireworks’, ‘Tugboat’, ‘El Chupacabra’ and ‘Moon Dog’. It is a shared dynasty of 26 like-minded souls who have crafted an universe – a PEBAverse, like none other – and now you can become part of that legend.

What We're Like

League Structure

Each major league team has 4 minor league affiliates (AAA, AA, full season A, short season A)

Four feeder leagues: 2 college (one international and one US), and 2 high school (again, one international and one US)

4 independent AI leagues.

Playoff Structure

10 teams make the playoffs (3 division winners and 2 wild cards in each league)

Division Winners in each league advance directly to the Division Series.

Wild Card round is best of 5; divisional, league championship, and Rodriguez Cup each best of 7.

The PEBA is a unique participation-based league – we pride ourselves with quality writing that not only covers the game, but takes us out of the dugout and, at times, into the sublime. Two sims a week means we move fast enough to enjoy ourselves, but give you enough breathing space to explore the depths of your team. Nowhere else do you find a GM running his club from a mental hospital, a team broadcaster heading to a foreign land to rekindle his game – only to be hunted for drug smuggling, or a pair of buddies heading out on the road to visit every ball park – and ending up becoming a real life published book! We use a Contribution Points reward system that allows members to make teams their own – be it through ballpark adjustments, sending players to winter ball to ‘hone their skills’, or simply giving your favorite player a nickname – Just ask Michel ‘Train Arollin’’ Provost about that!

Our goal is to produce an environment that reflects realism. We play with Coaching and Scouting ON. Make personnel decisions that matter and prepare for the "fog of war" when judging prospects! It will be your skill and keen eye for talent that will separate you from the pack. Every GM has to rely on his scout’s opinion and his own gut feeling – everyone has their own opinion about a player – no cookie-cutter ratings here! Do you like to trade? Our bustling trade environment shows that if you can't swing a trade here, you can't swing a trade anywhere!

As part of our participation concept, we conduct our winter meetings and amateur draft live in our unique chat room. Shoot the breeze with your fellow GMs or lay the groundwork for that blockbuster deal.
We have been fortunate to attract a quality group of friendly owners – a stable core group that has been together long enough to create an extremely rewarding environment, and now you can find out why for yourself!

We're always interested in getting to know more like-minded individuals with an interest in joining in our fun and would love to hear from you.

------------------

Website

HTML Reports

PEBA Constitution

Forum

APPLY NOW ! JOIN THE PEBA
Simply fill out the questions in the word document below,
and copy-paste it in an inbox message to me!

Attached Files
File Type: doc Join the PEBA.doc (83.5 KB, 90 views)

Pro Baseball in Atlantic Canada? Yup!
Follow the fictional Atlantic Baseball League!
goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 03-19-2017 at 05:54 PM.
rleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 PM   #2
rleb
Major Leagues

A full view of PEBA's teams

Imperial League

Seaboard Division

Arlington Bureaucrats
Canton Longshoremen
Hartford Harpoon
West Virginia Alleghenies

Dixie Division

Florida Featherheads
Kentucky Thoroughbreds
New Orleans Trendsetters
San Antonio Calzones of Laredo

Trans Atlantic Division

Amsterdam Lions
London Underground
Havana Leones
San Juan Coqui
Scottish Claymores (GM seat available)

Sovereign League

Great Lakes Division

Crystal Lake Sandgnats
Duluth Warriors
Fargo Dinosaurs
Kalamazoo Badgers

Desert Hills Division

Aurora Borealis
Bakersfield Bears
Palm Springs Codgers
Reno Zephyrs
Yuma Bulldozers

Rising Sun Division

Neo-Tokyo Akira
Okinawa Shisa
Shin Seiki Evas
Toyama Wind Dancers

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 03-19-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #3
rleb
Major Leagues

Duluth's GM seat has now been filled.

Hartford and Amsterdam are still looking for General Managers! If interested, click the APPLY NOW link, or PM me if you have any questions

Short team bios (as well as clickable links to the team home page in the PEBA universe) is available in the first post.

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 01-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #4
rleb
Major Leagues

The Hartford Harpoon have now found their General Manager.

There is still one team available, the fan-favorite 'Nootmuskaaters', the Amsterdam Lions!

If you are interested in this leisurely-paced, fun, challenging, immersive baseball universe, send in an application with the link above!

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #5
rleb
Major Leagues

The league is now in the 2024-25 off-season (current date: January 19th 2025), and the league is taking applications for a few GM seats that are available!

Amsterdam Lions
Bakersfield Bears
Scottish Claymores

(check out the initial post for a bio of all three teams)

If you are interested to join us, click the "APPLY NOW" button on the post above!

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #6
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

May be applying for the Bears.

Last edited by thorpegiovanni; 02-26-2017 at 10:19 PM.
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #7
rleb
Major Leagues

The spring training is just around the corner! Come check us out!

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
Old 03-09-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
Harry Chiti
Minors (Single A)

Applied...waiting on reply
Harry Chiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #9
rleb
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Chiti View Post
Applied...waiting on reply
PM'ed you!

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 03-10-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:25 AM   #10
rleb
Major Leagues

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 03-10-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #11
rleb
Major Leagues

Bakersfield's GM seat has now been filled!

There are still two teams available to fill : Amsterdam and Scotland!

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!

Last edited by rleb; 03-19-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:24 PM   #12
rleb
Major Leagues

Amsterdam's GM seat has now been filled!

We are now taking applications for one more team .... the Scottish Claymores! Don't miss your chance!

Note: There is a possibility that some applications directly from the website have not been getting through. If you want to make sure the league receives it, or if you're waiting on a reply and you didn't get one, you can copy-paste the questions from the word document attached to the first post, answer them, and PM them to me

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
Old 03-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #13
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

RLEB,

I pm'ed you but it appears that for some reason it is not going through so I am going to post here. I hope this is okay.

Your Full Name: Justin Niles

Your Email: Justin.niles08@gmail.com

Occupation: Audience Development Director for a mid-size metro newspaper. I am the executive who oversees delivery, marketing, sales, customer service, and public relations.

Tell us six things about yourself

1. I am a huge gamer.
2. I am the co-commish for a Madden NFL PS4 league that has ran for the past 14 releases and can be traced back to the playstation 2 days.
3. I put out multiple magazines each season related to that madden league. You can view a sample of my work at https://joom.ag/6abW
4. I am a father of 2.
5. I am a huge Chicago Cubs fan.
6. I am a huge baseball statistic nerd.

Are you registered on the OOTP Forums? Yes or No”

Yes

If yes, please enter your OOTP forum username

Niles08

How would you describe your experience level with OOTP?

I have been playing OOTP since OOTP 6. As mentioned, I am a avid gamer who enjoyed Simulation games from all the way back in the Roller Coaster Tycoon days to Mall Tycoon to Zoo Tycoon and even dabbled into EWR & TEW on the wrestling side. I love statistics and simulation games.

Have you been in any other online OOTP leagues? Yes or No

No I have not.

If yes, please list your league(s) and team(s)

Are you okay with this being a writing and participation league? We will expect article/blog writing and a forum presence. Do you feel you will have enough time to fulfill these obligations? Yes or No

Yes

Team you are interested in

Scottish Claymores

What do you consider the team’s best/worst attributes?

It seems that the team has some financial problems, which are highlighted even more with the high contracts of Pedro Valdes & Edgardo Medina. Pepe Espinosa & Bobby Watson are both also aging veterans that do not offer much upside for a rebuilding team. I am in awe that Espinosa was just signed for 4 years at $48 million, however it does appear that it is more than likely a 2 year, 24 million deal as the last 2 years are option years.

There seems to be a bit of upside on the prospect side, but simply not enough as of right now. Jose Hernandez would probably start the year in the major leagues for me replacing Pedro Valdes who I would look to move rather quickly. Blair Wither looks to be another solid contributor sooner than later as it will be very likely that between Wither, Hernandez & Clulow that the Claymores will have a superb outfield defensively, although Clulow could still find himself competing at SS or 2B as his infield numbers are even better defensively than his outfield numbers.

What would be the areas that you would be looking to improve in your first season?

I would be chasing for some stability. There is obviously a rebuild happening right now that needs to be completed. This can start by shipping out some of the veteran players for some youth, as most of those vets will not be around once the rebuild is complete and this team starts to compete for titles. The first season would really be trying to evaluate exactly what I had, as well as focusing on already looking towards the next season.

Write a short (two/three solid paragraph) piece that your team's beat writer would submit to the newspaper detailing your opening press conference

Niles in for Claymores

The Scottish Claymores announced today that Justin Niles has been hired to take over general manager duties for the team.

This comes after the team struggled mightily last season failing to win 60 games, and finding themselves in triple digits in the loss column. Niles promised changes to the fans, giving them hope that a turnaround was in sight.

“We are going to rebuild this thing and shape up to where we will not be a 1 and done team in the post-season. We are going to consistently find ourselves playing October baseball year in and year out.” Said Niles.

“All I ask for is a bit of patience as we come in and evaluate what we have and where we can go with what we have. Will there be changes? Absolutely. However, I feel that we can do a lot with the players that we have as they have tremendous ability.” Niles continued.

“There are a great group of guys who have been here for a few seasons, as well as some newcomers that we are happy to have come aboard. The one thing that is constant between all of us? We want to win.”
niles08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:02 PM   #14
rleb
Major Leagues

Hi niles08.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be PM'ing you shortly!

goldensailsbaseball.ca
Watch on YouTube!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:17 PM   #15
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleb View Post
Hi niles08.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be PM'ing you shortly!
Patiently waiting lol I've been scouring the website looking over the team and putting players in tiers for trade/keep/well see. Hopefully it ends up being my team or i'll be awfully disappointed lol.
niles08 is offline   Reply With Quote