Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 10-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM2 Update #1, Version 2.1.4, Now Released

Our first update for FHM2, version 2.1.4, has just been released.

To apply the update, simply download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.

Your existing savegames will be compatible with the updated game, but any fixes involving the database updates will require a new start to be fully effective.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

General note: Since this is the first update and we wanted to get it to you before the weekend, these are mainly the "low-hanging fruit" of the first reported bugs and requests - things we could fix, implement, and test very quickly. There are other reported issues that will take a little more time to address properly; we haven't forgotten them.

Note on data: This is not a full data update, as our researchers are still working on the most recent changes. The data changes in this update are mainly fixes for errors that have been discovered.

New Additions:

1. NHL Expansion is now possible at the beginning of the game. To expand immediately, start a new game, do not choose a team (i.e., start unemployed), have Commissioner mode on, and then once the game starts immediately (or after responding to your emails) go to Team + League Controls >> League Edit, hit the Expand League button and create your expansion teams; there's an option to take over either of them in the setup. Save once you've finished expanding, and you can then advance to the next day, when the current teams submit their protected lists, and then the expansion draft the following day.

2. There is now a "Disable Player Info Popup" option on the Preferences menu (via the Start Screen). This will allow users who are experiencing noticeable slowdowns when mousing over players to turn the popup window off.

3. The boxscore now displays the season (or preseason, or playoff, as the case may be) goal and assist numbers for the player in the goal summary.

4. The play-by-play text now announces the assist number for each player who gets one when a goal is scored.

5. A "cannot be fired" option has been added to the Setup/Options screen (bottom right corner) so this can be enabled in a game that's already been started.

Changes:

6. Trading AI will now discount the value of older players more, and will not place as much emphasis on whether or not the player's contract offers good value for the money.

7. Compliance Buyouts are now much less likely to release high-value players.

8. When creating a manager, users can now select a birth year as late as 1997.

9. Expansion Draft AI will no longer select players with serious injuries.

10. Ability to disable historical auto-expansion option removed (can't be implemented correctly at the moment due to some issues with scheduling, rules, and structure.)

11. Human-run teams can now instantly sign players from certain low-level leagues (the precise ones depend upon which league you are playing), allowing them to quickly fix roster issues when they're required to have a certain number of players, e.g. not having enough prospects.

12. Numerical summary at the bottom of the roster screen now also lists foreigner limits and prospect minimums, and your current number of each type of player.

13. Blind Mode renamed to Fog of War (both options do the same thing.)

14. If your screen resolution's height is at or below 768 pixels, you will now get an error warning with recommendations about how to fix the problem so the game will display correctly.

Bug Fixes:

15. Attributes will no longer be visible in some screens when Fog of War is enabled.

16. Bug that caused in-game lines screen to appear empty in some circumstances fixed.

17. The missing nations on the second nationality field in the player edit window have been restored.

18. The missing teams in the team fields on the player edit window have been added.

19. The CHL draft preview should now list the correct number of players.

20. Expansion draft AI will no longer sometimes skip picking goalies in rounds 2-3.

21. Crash on November 1 fixed.

22. Crash during league setup on some fictional modes fixed.

23. Crash when looking at certain retired players fixed.

24. Crash when attempting to view draft logs of players without drafting team properly assigned in database fixed.

25. Existing contract offers to players taken in the expansion draft should now be removed when they are drafted.

26. Editing non-playing staff should now work correctly.

Data/Miscellaneous:

27. German league teams now have a 32-contract limit and must carry 3 prospects age 24 or under (was formerly 2 under 20.)

28. Missing German nationalities for many dual-nationality German league players added.

29. Slava Voinov's contract with L.A. now properly voided, leaving him a free agent.

30. Broken links on title page of manual fixed.

31. Spelling errors in penalty file fixed.

32. Content of hints file (shown while loading) expanded.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-02-2015 at 09:19 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

I second 2 and 5.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
pens66
Major Leagues

What exactly was wrong with auto-expansion in historical games?
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Among other things, keeping the league at the starting size and schedule length would conflict with various settings in later seasons that expect the league will play the actual season length and with the correct number of teams that existed in that year. Adjusting that to account for every possible starting point is going to be very, very messy.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Nevermind...just gotta fire up Steam!

Last edited by Mike Lowe; 10-02-2015 at 08:42 PM.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:40 PM   #6
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Is there a Steam patch or will this one work?
Steam patch should be available already.

Maybe close the game and restart Steam if you are playing at the moment.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:43 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Just to make sure: expansions in historical still work as before, you just can't disable them (which did not work before as well).
Old 10-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #8
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Isn't it like 2 AM in Germany right now? Thanks for the patch guys, now go to bed!
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:00 PM   #9
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecza View Post
Isn't it like 2 AM in Germany right now? Thanks for the patch guys, now go to bed!
Yes, it took longer then we expected but we wanted it to be out in time for the weekend. And I have a 11KM run in 10 hours, that should be fun.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Just to make sure: expansions in historical still work as before, you just can't disable them (which did not work before as well).
Okay, I see and I'm glad. At first I thougt auto-expansion was removed.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:19 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Okay, I see and I'm glad. At first I thougt auto-expansion was removed.
My bad, I wrote that terribly in the notes, fixed now.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 PM   #12
jwr38
Minors (Single A)

trades fixed huh?

lets just say the GM's would have fans going ape sh .... over these type deals.
Heres the deal
Name:  Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 3.11.16 AM.png
Views: 1591
Size:  18.8 KB
and here are the teams they ended up in ...
Name:  Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 3.12.11 AM.png
Views: 1607
Size:  258.1 KBName:  Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 3.12.58 AM.png
Views: 1638
Size:  266.2 KB

as we can see one team has no centers ... so they deal for a UFA LD when they already had 4. But it gets no better, the other teams deals for a LW which it has 6 already of .... to fill the gap on right wing where it only has one of.

Think there might be a little bug there. Have one of something .... trade for something you don't bloody need.

edit : it's 3:21 in Germany and I am going to bed

Last edited by jwr38; 10-02-2015 at 10:22 PM.
jwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #13
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

You know that most players are competent if not good at playing multiple positions right? Also when did the developers say the trading was fixed? Seems like i would have remembered something like that. You can't just "fix" something so complex as this. The developers are doing a great job updating the game so far. The game is going to take weeks if not months for it to be great. Just be patient.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #14
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

After installing Patch get White Screen but OTTP still works.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #15
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
After installing Patch get White Screen but OTTP still works.
The problem is a corrupted settings.dat file... So the solution, go find that file... It should be .. C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2\config

Once that's open, look for settings.dat and delete it, then re-start the game and it'll generate a new, valid one and you should be OK.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #16
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #17
tward13
All Star Starter

3. The boxscore now displays the season (or preseason, or playoff, as the case may be) goal and assist numbers for the player in the goal summary.

I like this, but it's not quite right yet. If a player has multiple goals or assists in a game, the in game box score is showing his new season total alongside each of the goals or assists.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:18 AM   #18
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Can someone walk me through how to add a GM to an existing game for multiplayer as a GM-Only?

I can add as many GM-Only guys at the league's inception, but cannot do so no matter what I try when adding them after the league has been created.

I noticed that I CAN do so if the GM has commish rights, but again...I can't adjust that outside of the league's first inception. To give an example of this part, I could move myself (commish) to another team through the available jobs screen and sign a contract even. But even in the non-commish player's home screen, the option to be commish is not able to be checked.

If I add a GM once the league has been created, they take over for the coach as well and then some coaches are just GM and the rest are not.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:34 AM   #19
RCR86
Bat Boy

Thanks for the update FHM team! Can't wait to grow my own hockey legend.
RCR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:34 PM   #20
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

I am seeing more balanced trades now, i think its a nice step forward with the trading logic! I havent seen many draft pick trading tho
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote