Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2022, 07:32 PM   #1
Fonzie13
Minors (Double A)

Topps 1985

This is my version of Topps' 1985 card set. Because one of the defining features of this card is the large slanted text for the team nickname on the front, I had to make a dedicated file for each MLB team. Unfortunately, that does mean that these files are not generic and cannot be used for any team nickname; they can only be used for existing MLB teams.

For the 26 teams that existed in 1985, the files use their 1985 logos. There are six additional team files: Diamondbacks, Guardians, Marlins, Nationals, Rays, Rockies. There is also an all-star card design.

Where possible, I used the same colors as the real 1985 card designs. However, since I can only specify one font color for the name/position on the card front (and I opted for white), any cards where the original design had yellow shading and black text for the name/position were changed.

I also made a small change on the card back. The real card design has the player's name in a slanted text box in the upper left. Since that can't be done in the xml, I opted to move the player name to the horizontal box ... and the slanted box in the upper left now has a team wordmark.

There are four files to download:
  • team frames 1 (has 16 teams' card front images)
  • team frames 2 (has the other 16 teams' card front images)
  • cardback files (has the wordmark images for the back, and 10 trivia question images)
  • xml and allstar (has the basic xml, the all-star xml, and the all-star image)
Place the xml files in your bbcards templates directory (for OOTP23, it's Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 23\bb_cards\templates\ootp23), and place the images file into your bbcards images directory (for OOTP23, it's Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 23\bb_cards\templates\ootp23\images).

All of the templates have a line in them that uses my team backgrounds file (which can be found here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=328973). If you want to take the team backgrounds out, edit the xml file by taking out the token with [%TEAM_NICK]_[%RANDOM_NUMBER].png.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: zip topps 1985 team frames 1.zip (2.43 MB, 44 views)
File Type: zip topps 1985 team frames 2.zip (2.43 MB, 40 views)
File Type: zip topps 1985 cardback files.zip (434.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: zip topps 1985 xml and allstar.zip (164.0 KB, 34 views)
Fonzie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:40 PM   #2
Fonzie13
Minors (Double A)

comparison

These cards will illustrate the changes I made.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-06-2022, 08:26 PM   #3
Fonzie13
Minors (Double A)

alternates

Here are some alternate versions. Some are card fronts and wordmarks based on current logos; there are also files for the Devil Rays and the Senators, and an Oakland version that says "A's" and not "Athletics" on the front.

"alt files 1" has additional card fronts ... "alt files 2" has more additional card fronts as well as alternative wordmarks for the card backs.

EDIT: I just noticed that I didn't have the colors right on the Indians file, so here's an updated version with the right colors.
Attached Images
Attached Files
File Type: zip topps 1985 alt files 1.zip (1.98 MB, 19 views)
File Type: zip topps 1985 alt files 2.zip (2.14 MB, 19 views)

Last edited by Fonzie13; 08-16-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:32 AM   #4
BaseballGOAT
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Easily one of my fav sets of all time. Would you be willing to make a Guardians version so I'd be able to use it in the current league?
BaseballGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 09:09 AM   #5
zappa1
All Star Starter

Wonderful set. Excellent work. Good to see someone is still doing baseball cards. Thank you. Love it.

Just tested these cards and they look even better in my game. Really nice.

Last edited by zappa1; 08-07-2022 at 10:10 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:17 PM   #6
lotr13
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for doing these. The Topps 85-87 sets are the most memorable of my youth.
lotr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:43 PM   #7
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie13 View Post
Here are some alternate versions. Some are card fronts and wordmarks based on current logos; there are also files for the Devil Rays and the Senators, and an Oakland version that says "A's" and not "Athletics" on the front.

"alt files 1" has additional card fronts ... "alt files 2" has more additional card fronts as well as alternative wordmarks for the card backs.

EDIT: I just noticed that I didn't have the colors right on the Indians file, so here's an updated version with the right colors.

Love this set. I don’t remember Cleveland having that logo in 1985. Or is this the “modern 1985” set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2022, 11:10 AM   #8
Fonzie13
Minors (Double A)

Glad you like them!

As for responses to specific questions ...

BaseballGOAT: There is a Guardians card included (it's in the first "team frames" file), and there is a Guardians wordmark in the "cardback" file.

Silvam14: Well ... sorta. The block C was actually their cap logo for that year; they didn't put Chief Wahoo on the caps until a couple of years later (though it was on the sleeve). Topps did use Wahoo on the card, as you can see ... but I'm not a fan of the logo, and so I chose not to use it. If anyone wants to edit the card frame to use that logo, they certainly can.
Attached Images
Old 08-08-2022, 05:10 PM   #9
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie13 View Post
Glad you like them!

As for responses to specific questions ...

BaseballGOAT: There is a Guardians card included (it's in the first "team frames" file), and there is a Guardians wordmark in the "cardback" file.

Silvam14: Well ... sorta. The block C was actually their cap logo for that year; they didn't put Chief Wahoo on the caps until a couple of years later (though it was on the sleeve). Topps did use Wahoo on the card, as you can see ... but I'm not a fan of the logo, and so I chose not to use it. If anyone wants to edit the card frame to use that logo, they certainly can.
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I was tempted to dig out my boxes of cards to check! (Althought I guess I could have googled, tisk)
Old 08-16-2022, 12:53 PM   #10
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Hey Fonzie... I'm putting these together into a single downloadable file on my baseball card repository (thanks, Reds1 for the heads up!).

The first alternates zip file appears to have the same images as the original set. Is that correct?
Old 08-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #11
Fonzie13
Minors (Double A)

Whooooops ... no, it's not. But it's now been fixed. Thanks for letting me know, and for posting them!
Old 08-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #12
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

I've updated the baseball card site with these now and they're downloadable. I've combined all the files into a single zip file and updated file names/folder structure so it can safely be unzipped directly into the bb_cards directory.

I also added a section on the Baseball Card Templates creation page on my site with some of the things I went through to do this. I encourage any of our card creators to check that out and give feedback on it.