Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #21
RoyalsBlue
Major Leagues

another few screenshots of HOF'ers

Old 07-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #22
Dagrims
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalsBlue View Post
If you take into account that the players aren't distributed as IRL (which I didn't in my first post on this subject), the overall steals aren't bad and certainly don't look as bad as the individual leagues can make them look (+766/-505 for example). Are they perfect historically? Probably not, but I didn't want an exact replication of history anyway.
Overall, that variance seems okay. I wonder, though, if a league-wide setting will result in the SB real-life outliers to not be such outliers in the sim.

My other thought is that perhaps those leaders were caught a lot more often in the sim. Cobb wasn't all that successful a base stealer in real life, percentage-wise, at least during the years that they tracked the statistic, but he really shouldn't have run in your replay.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:11 PM   #23
Ozzie Guillen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The 61 homer season for Babe Ruth is kind of cool.

"Sorry Roger, not only did we drop the ball on drug testing to allow several steroid-enhanced players to break your single season home run record, we've also gone back and rewritten history so that Babe had 61 home runs long before you did." Poor guy.
Ozzie Guillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 AM   #24
YankeeBomber
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar8311 View Post
I tested out your file, Batting averages are skyrocketing... down, started out with 265 in 1901 and I am in 1908 and it's 233, every year its gone down.

Edit: Simmed till 1917, its stagnant at around 243 right now

Edit 2 Simmed till 1930 around 234 right now, Lack of Home Runs are a huge problem, league leader had 1 last year

Edit 3: set it as "don't adjust historical modifiers" got stagnant averages throughout but they were 288, this is 1901- 1920
It seems there'a point when things actually start to go the opposite way.

Editing the era_stat works fine unless your asking it to do something extreme such as turn 1907 hitters into 2001 sluggers (or 1956 sluggers for that matter). At least this seemed to be the case with 2007.

In my effort to get all of history to play as 1956 the HR's were the problem. There was a point (in my case around 4888) that once the modifier crossed that point (such as 5125) HR's went down instead of up. At 9225 they went WAY down.

It also seemed there was little diff (if any) between 3888 and 4888.

I don't know the exact point the opposite reaction occured only it was in the 4881 aera. I'm sure my exact setting for AB/H/2B/3B/HR/BB/K and BABIP effected where the exact point was for myself.
Combined with the lower power rating of batters and high movement ratings of pitchers, it seems there was no way to get the HR exact or even close for 15-20 years and at some point the extremely high modifier did something. Not sure if it's a roll over point or what, but something can happen in extreme cases.

Everything else was fairly dead on.
But non of those things was as extreme as the HR rates.

I'd say this is causing your problem as well
YankeeBomber is offline   Reply With Quote