Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
MXD
Minors (Double A)

AI, Injury List and Historical Game

Hi,

In a historical game I just started, Georges Vezina caught a fever and was immediately sent to the Injury List.

That... in and of itself, doesn't make much sense, but it made worse by the fact that Vezina was never taken off the IR. The Canadiens did sign another netminder to replace him, but one who is clearly inferior. I can't tell if the AI was prompted (like we do) that it had an healthy player on the IR, but the fact remains, the best goalie on the planet is on the IR due to a cold and has been there for well over two weeks.

Is it a known issue or something you want to look at?

(The Canadiens roster is full they signed players to replace the injured ones, but these players are clearly inferior; they don't seem to be using the Farm/Reserve at all)

EDIT : ... Could you please show me how to post pictures? Because whatever I'm doing is obviously not the right thing to do.

Last edited by MXD; 11-12-2018 at 09:41 AM.
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I think I'll need to have a look at the save, that's weird behaviour for both the injury type and the reaction to him being ready to come off the IR. Instructions for uploading are here.

(The irony here is that the real Vezina left a game with a fever in 1925. Turned out to be tuberculosis, he never recovered and died a few months later.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, I think I'll need to have a look at the save, that's weird behaviour for both the injury type and the reaction to him being ready to come off the IR. Instructions for uploading are here.

(The irony here is that the real Vezina left a game with a fever in 1925. Turned out to be tuberculosis, he never recovered and died a few months later.)
No issue with uploading games -- the issue is really with pictures!

Last edited by MXD; 11-12-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
MXD
Minors (Double A)

The game is currently uploading to the FTP. Name is FEVER.
Old 11-13-2018, 12:17 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, I see why he didn't return immediately: the IR has a 2-week minimum. He went on it on February 5, and his last day was February 19, the date of the save. As soon as I advanced a day, they returned him to the roster as they were supposed to. But I think I'll take a look at toning down the severity of the fever 'injury' a bit so the AI is less likely to use the IR for a player who has it.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote