Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 04-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #1
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

20-team, 162 game schedule request

Hey guys,

Looking for a schedule file for a 20-team, 2 league, 1 division per league set up (10 teams per division).

-162 games

-Interleague games enabled

-12 divisional games each (12x9=108) and then as balanced as possible for the remaining 54 games of interleague play (5 or 6 games against each team)

- Starting in early April, ending by early October at the latest.

-All-star game sometime between 7/6 and 7/11

-Obviously 81 home games and 81 away games.

I was able to find a 168 game schedule with the requested set up, but its kind of hard to find the right 6 games to delete from each team, and the schedule carries into November with a ton of off days. If anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
TwinsTHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

I looked at the schedule and it can be modified I think. The schedule is long because it is all 3 game series. There is basically 2 options. Change the series lengths to go 2334 with some teams may have to go 7h/5a and others 5h/7a in some cases. If I need to go 5/7 I would then create a second schedule that just flips the matchups so that after 2 years it balances the home and away series. Or to keep 3 game series, but not be bounded by a week block. You may have to go 9-12 games without a break at times and games will start in one week and the series may end the next week.

Either way it is a gut job. I would open the sched in one spreadsheet and transfer to a second with the normal 182 day format. This is a time-consuming process, but it is not rocket science so it is somewhat easy. Let me know what you think - I work weird hours over the next couple of days so depending on how we do this it may take 3-5 days from now with the changes and testing

James

Last edited by Outlaw Jim; 04-11-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Outlaw Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I looked at the schedule and it can be modified I think. The schedule is long because it is all 3 game series. There is basically 2 options. Change the series lengths to go 2334 with some teams may have to go 7h/5a and others 5h/7a in some cases. If I need to go 5/7 I would then create a second schedule that just flips the matchups so that after 2 years it balances the home and away series. Or to keep 3 game series, but not be bounded by a week block. You may have to go 9-12 games without a break at times and games will start in one week and the series may end the next week.

Either way it is a gut job. I would open the sched in one spreadsheet and transfer to a second with the normal 182 day format. This is a time-consuming process, but it is not rocket science so it is somewhat easy. Let me know what you think - I work weird hours over the next couple of days so depending on how we do this it may take 3-5 days from now with the changes and testing

James
That would be amazing--I'm in no rush so whenever is best for you to take a look would be greatly appreciated. I tried to make changes to the 168 game file and it was a mess, I was awful.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTHunter View Post
That would be amazing--I'm in no rush so whenever is best for you to take a look would be greatly appreciated. I tried to make changes to the 168 game file and it was a mess, I was awful.

Great. I will take a look after I finish a schedule I am going to look at some time today, hopefully. Iam glad you tried to do this, you can see why to make it work I basically said it was a gut job and then a rebuild.

James
Old 04-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #5
Outlaw Jim
Major Leagues

Schedules done

I have finished the schedules for you. At first I was just going to give you one but a few things bothered me and I decided to do the schedule differently. Here are the specs to the schedule:

The schedule is 184 days, just 2 days over a mlb season. I decide against rewriting it to have 4 games series it was just a mess to try to get this to work. I kept it at 3-game series for everyone except for when the interleague 2 game series is played.

Obviously I could not use 6 games a week and keep it under 192 days or even more. The base schedule was long. I put the schedule into 12 day blocks instead of 7 days. That would make it 4 series then an off day. It worked great, but it looked weird with the league wide off day every 13 days. I took some games from the series above the off day and some from the series after it. This way no teams have the same off days. This also makes it so you have games every day of the season and the number of games played are not the same for every team at a time in the schedule.

The schedules starts each year on April 2, with the all-star game on July 8 and ends October 2. This is the start times regardless of what day of the week April 2 is on. This was done to keep it consistant with you request and it made sence to do it this way since the games are not in weekiy blocks, but continuous.

I was also concerned after I made the original schedule that the matchups for the 2 game series would be the same each year. I decided to give you 5 schedules. They are randomized with the matchups within the subleague and with the interleague games. All the schedules look good in the game.

When I create schedules I do it in a spreadsheet and when done I delete the spreadsheets. I have 2 spreadsheets with this project if you want them. One is the actual schedule created with the ability to randomized the matchups automatically. All you do is copy 2 columns that have the away and home teams and you paste special onto the previous schedule, the new matchups can then be copied to a second spreadsheet which just a quick paste special and then sort the schedule by date/home game. It automatically builds the lsdl game lines which you just copy and paste into a lsdl file. If you want these so that you may make your own schedules for this league in the future, or if you feel the 5 schdules are good enough let me know. I probably will delete these tomorrow or monday.

Sorry that this is long, here they are:
Old 04-19-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
TwinsTHunter
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Jim View Post
I have finished the schedules for you. At first I was just going to give you one but a few things bothered me and I decided to do the schedule differently. Here are the specs to the schedule:

The schedule is 184 days, just 2 days over a mlb season. I decide against rewriting it to have 4 games series it was just a mess to try to get this to work. I kept it at 3-game series for everyone except for when the interleague 2 game series is played.

Obviously I could not use 6 games a week and keep it under 192 days or even more. The base schedule was long. I put the schedule into 12 day blocks instead of 7 days. That would make it 4 series then an off day. It worked great, but it looked weird with the league wide off day every 13 days. I took some games from the series above the off day and some from the series after it. This way no teams have the same off days. This also makes it so you have games every day of the season and the number of games played are not the same for every team at a time in the schedule.

The schedules starts each year on April 2, with the all-star game on July 8 and ends October 2. This is the start times regardless of what day of the week April 2 is on. This was done to keep it consistant with you request and it made sence to do it this way since the games are not in weekiy blocks, but continuous.

I was also concerned after I made the original schedule that the matchups for the 2 game series would be the same each year. I decided to give you 5 schedules. They are randomized with the matchups within the subleague and with the interleague games. All the schedules look good in the game.

When I create schedules I do it in a spreadsheet and when done I delete the spreadsheets. I have 2 spreadsheets with this project if you want them. One is the actual schedule created with the ability to randomized the matchups automatically. All you do is copy 2 columns that have the away and home teams and you paste special onto the previous schedule, the new matchups can then be copied to a second spreadsheet which just a quick paste special and then sort the schedule by date/home game. It automatically builds the lsdl game lines which you just copy and paste into a lsdl file. If you want these so that you may make your own schedules for this league in the future, or if you feel the 5 schdules are good enough let me know. I probably will delete these tomorrow or monday.

Sorry that this is long, here they are:
Thanks so much for these! It's perfect. Is there a way to turn these into xml files though?

Last edited by TwinsTHunter; 04-19-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #7
newcastlehob
Minors (Rookie Ball)

These are great- My league was looking for this very schedule and it fits the ticket exactly. Nice job Jim.
newcastlehob is offline   Reply With Quote