Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Promotion/Relegation League Expanding For Season 3 - 10 New Franchises Available (USBA)

Hi,

My name is Brett and I am the commissioner for the United States Baseball Association. We are fast approaching the close of Season 2. The off-season will begin next Thursday or Friday.

We currently use OOTP 14. We will likely upgrade after Season 3. The inclusion of a league reputation function in OOTP 15 is critical to the structure of our league, and we're really excited to include it in our game.

Bottom Line Up Front: We need ten managers to establish new clubs in the Third League of our Association. These ten managers will create their own teams and have complete control over their existence. The Third League is the least popular of the three leagues in the Association, as it is not as prestigious as the leagues above. Expect to make about $60 million a year in the Third League.

Additionally, the Brooklyn Dodgers and the Detroit Reapers are available in the Premier League. Managers wishing to take one of these two teams may change their name after a real-life month of activity.

Key Features of the League:

If you are interested in a new team: please post in the thread, PM me, or email me with the following:

Desired team name/location - this can be anything. At the end of the post, there are preset logos for new teams, made by one of our managers, mcrubo. Feel free to use your own logos/custom logos from anywhere else (i.e. justafan's) should you want a particular logo/team.

Your e-mail address - so that I may register you to our website/forums.

League history:

The San Diego Sea Turtles took down the inaugural season of the Premier League beating the Detroit Reapers in six games. Currently, Lexington BC has clinched a playoff spot, and has a magic number of 2 to take the first-round bye in the playoffs. Boston has also managed to secure either a second or third place finish, while Brooklyn and Atlanta battle for the final spot in the playoffs. In the Silver League, four teams battle for three spots. First place receives automatic promotion to the Premier League, and the New Amsterdam Republics stand ready to take that down with a magic number of 2. However, the Rocky Mountain Bears, the Northern Virginia Retrievers, and the Capitol District Templars are all withing 2, 3, and 4 games of first place. It will be a true battle to the finish to see which of these three excellent teams receive the second promotion to the Premier League.

Website link

Live sim link

League reports link

Thanks, and take care!

Brett

Logos available for new teams (created by mcrubo):

breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
breich90
Minors (Double A)

7 new managers recruited. 5 teams remain--three new franchises, Detroit, and Brooklyn.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #3
Bamagator
Bat Boy

I am interested but have only played offline. I really have no idea how an online league works (managing rosters, etc) Can you recommend a site or a link that could run through the general ground rules? Thanks.
Bamagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #4
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagator View Post
I am interested but have only played offline. I really have no idea how an online league works (managing rosters, etc) Can you recommend a site or a link that could run through the general ground rules? Thanks.
Here's from the OOTP manual:

Quote:
The players who initiate an online league typically decide on the league configuration. The commissioner creates the game on his computer, and then provides a copy of the game to the other players, usually via a web site. The managers download the game files and then open up the game. Once they are in the game, they can make changes to their teams, such as setting up lineups. Once they are done making changes, they export those changes to a web site. The commissioner retrieves these team export files and imports the changes into the master copy of the game. The commissioner usually then auto-plays a fixed number of days and posts a copy of the league files again.
What happens is, I send you a quick-start e-mail which has a long code in it. You copy that code and paste it into the prompt after clicking 'new online quick start' on the main menu. After that, you'll download the league file and log-in to your team from the menu. Make all the changes you want, like you normally would in an offline game. Then, once you're done making changes, all you have to do is go to the manager home page and click the button 'export team via FTP'. That will send your changes to my computer. Once you see that I've posted a new league file (i.e. I've simmed the game), go to the same home page and click 'check for updated league files'. Rinse and repeat.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #5
Bamagator
Bat Boy

Ok that sounds easy enough. I was preparing to buy 15 ... I noticed that you guys were going to jump to 15 after 1 more season (I believe). Can I use 15 if I join or do I need to b running it on 14?
Bamagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagator View Post
Ok that sounds easy enough. I was preparing to buy 15 ... I noticed that you guys were going to jump to 15 after 1 more season (I believe). Can I use 15 if I join or do I need to b running it on 14?
You'll need 14 to participate in Season 3, because we won't be changing until after that. 15 won't interface with 14.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #7
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Also, 1 new franchise and Detroit remain.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
GeorgiaBowties
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bump... Not sure if we need anyone else, but this is shaping up to be a great league. Always working to improve.
GeorgiaBowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #9
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBowties View Post
Bump... Not sure if we need anyone else, but this is shaping up to be a great league. Always working to improve.
Absolutely. We've still got a couple existing Silver League teams that need filling. Hit me up. Also, we have a twitter, which is my way to **** talk teams through my Commish persona. It's fairly amusing. @USBA14
Old 04-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #10
silverwolf
Minors (Double A)

Sent a PM about getting one of the new teams. Very interested if one is still available.
silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #11
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwolf View Post
Sent a PM about getting one of the new teams. Very interested if one is still available.
Sorry, I thought I had responded. Sending you a message now.