Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Established Promotion/Relegation League Filling 10 New Teams

Hi,

My name is Brett and I am the commissioner for the United States Baseball Association. Two months ago, I created our promotion-relegation league and recruited nine other managers for our Premier League.

Bottom Line Up Front: We need ten managers to establish new clubs in the Second League of our Association. These ten managers will create their own teams and participate in an inaugrual draft to establish the Silver (Second) League.

Key Features of the League:
  • Two teams promoted and relegated each season
  • A playoff series consisting of a 3-game play-in series, #3 seed @ #2 seed, and then a 7-game championship series @ #1 seed
  • 108-game season, consisting of four three-game series against every other team
  • Custom financials for each league to model a tiered-league system
  • A M/T/W/T/F sim schedule, with each sim consisting of 3 games
  • Each sim consisting of a live sim, with box scores updated every 20 seconds and the sim run at anywhere from 2x to 5x speed
  • A custom inter-league tournament played throughout the season (modelled after the FA Cup in English soccer)
  • An active forum with passionate managers
  • A commissioner open to any and all suggestions, criticism, and change
If you are interested in a new team: please post in the thread, PM me, or email me with the following:

Desired team name/location - this can be anything. At the end of the post, there are preset logos for new teams, made by one of our managers, mcrubo. Feel free to use your own logos/custom logos from anywhere else (i.e. justafan's) should you want a particular logo/team.

Your e-mail address - so that I may register you to our website/forums.

League history: After our inaugural draft, our league began play. We are currently 78 games into our initial season, with only 30 games remaining. The Detroit Reapers (46-32) currently lead the league, with the Phoenix Hotspur (44-34) only two games behind in a battle for first place between two teams that has persisted all season. My team, the Chicago Gold Sox (40-38) are currently mid-table due to season-ending injuries for my top two starting pitchers. For the first month of the league the Gold Sox were on top of the standings.

Website link

Live sim link

League reports link

Thanks, and take care!

Brett

Logos available for new teams:

Logos being created by mcrubo:

Last edited by breich90; 01-01-2014 at 12:23 PM.
breich90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
coach_JA
Bat Boy

I would like to be the Queensborough Legends. I have experience playing OOTP but never a online league. My email is jordan.adamson.coach@gmail.com if you are interested in having me join.
Thanks
coach_JA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #3
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_JA View Post
I would like to be the Queensborough Legends. I have experience playing OOTP but never a online league. My email is jordan.adamson.coach@gmail.com if you are interested in having me join.
Thanks
Absolutely, Queensborough is yours. I'll create a forum account for you and add you to the league file.

If you could go ahead and register for our WordPress homepage at United States Baseball Association ? Registration Form I would appreciate it. Feel free to post on the WordPress to introduce yourself as the Queensborough GM.

To all others: there are five new teams available for the Silver League. I've recruited five and need five more.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #4
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Update: there are two new GM positions remaining, and one position for the Premier League team, the Detroit Reapers. They currently lead the league by one game. The current GM joined with us after our inaugural draft, and thus did not get the opportunity to draft a team; he is taking a new team to do so.

New teams joining the league:

New Amsterdam Orange
New York Coyotes
Rocky Mountain Bears
Capitol District Templars
Queensborough Legends
Dallas Destiny
Two more teams to be determined
Old 01-08-2014, 05:26 PM   #5
Fmode11
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by breich90 View Post
Update: there are two new GM positions remaining, and one position for the Premier League team, the Detroit Reapers. They currently lead the league by one game. The current GM joined with us after our inaugural draft, and thus did not get the opportunity to draft a team; he is taking a new team to do so.

New teams joining the league:

New Amsterdam Orange
New York Coyotes
Rocky Mountain Bears
Capitol District Templars
Queensborough Legends
Dallas Destiny
Two more teams to be determined
Interested in the Silver division. I believe my work firewall is blocking an images in the original post. If you could send me an email we can take it from there: fmode11@yahoo.com

Thanks
Fmode11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #6
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmode11 View Post
Interested in the Silver division. I believe my work firewall is blocking an images in the original post. If you could send me an email we can take it from there: fmode11@yahoo.com

Thanks
Sending you an e-mail now.

To all others: we have one silver league GM remaining and one GM position open for the Detroit Reapers.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:12 AM   #7
SeaBear
Minors (Double A)

Is there any vacancy? I like this concept a lot.
SeaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #8
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBear View Post
Is there any vacancy? I like this concept a lot.
No, we're filled up for next season. I'll post in the forums once we start recruiting for the Menard's Third League after our second season is complete. Plan on a recruiting post to come out sometime mid to late March (our second season should be complete in early April).
Old 01-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #9
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Just had a Silver League manager drop out. Otherwise we're full. The draft starts Thursday. PM or post ASAP if interested in a new Silver League team.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

I am interested, open or not?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #11
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Except for that Pittsburg logo those are some sweest logos.

Please pass along my compliments.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 01-28-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:15 PM   #12
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcarmona View Post
I am interested, open or not?
PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
Except for that Pittsburg logo those are some sweest logos.

Please pass along my compliments.
Will do. Thanks!

Warno to all others: I've got two Silver League teams and two Premier League teams that are currently inactive; they have until Monday to reply back if they intend to play.

Premier League teams - Detroit Reapers, Brooklyn Dodgers
Silver League teams - 2 new franchises that are still signing free agents from a pool of 400 for the next season

Premier league teams are signing from the same pool; Brooklyn has a whopping $142 million in contract space, while Detroit has $58 million. Good opportunity to really shape teams that are semi-established.

Last edited by breich90; 01-29-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

Replied back to pm, but haven't heard anything in over a week...scratches head
Old 02-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #14
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpcarmona View Post
Replied back to pm, but haven't heard anything in over a week...scratches head
I never got a PM from you. Nonetheless I was moving from VA to TX all last week so we were on a short break.

PM me again with your contact info and I'll get you setup. There is one more Silver League team available, while the two Premier League teams are still available.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #15
tsull88
Bat Boy

Quote:
I never got a PM from you. Nonetheless I was moving from VA to TX all last week so we were on a short break.

PM me again with your contact info and I'll get you setup. There is one more Silver League team available, while the two Premier League teams are still available.
I would be interested in a Silver League team.

Seasoned OOTP veteran, please PM me with any questions.
tsull88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsull88 View Post
I would be interested in a Silver League team.

Seasoned OOTP veteran, please PM me with any questions.
PM sent, last silver league team locked up. Brooklyn and Detroit remain.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #17
Escholl2
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to join as a team based out of Windy City, as for experience i've been playing OOTP for 2 years and online leagues for 1.5.

THanks
Escholl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:10 AM   #18
breich90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escholl2 View Post
I'd like to join as a team based out of Windy City, as for experience i've been playing OOTP for 2 years and online leagues for 1.5.

THanks
All the Silver League teams are locked up right now. You could take Detroit or Brooklyn and then change their team name and location after a full season of playing in the league. Alternatively, you can wait until next season, when we plan to expand to a third league.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #19
breich90
Minors (Double A)

1 silver league team is again open (in addition to the 2 premier league teams). 17 active managers total. Spring training starts today, first day of the second season starts friday.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #20
salg
Bat Boy

Interested

Quote:
1 silver league team is again open (in addition to the 2 premier league teams). 17 active managers total. Spring training starts today, first day of the second season starts friday.
I'm interested. Been in OOTP leagues for many years. Please PM.

Thanks
salg is offline   Reply With Quote