Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
ridge
Minors (Double A)

1901 Season

I am starting a historical season with 1901
with the majors and 2 minor league system

i notice quite a few teams dont have enough players for the majors
let alone to even have players at the minor leagues

can i still start the season wait till players are drafted and eventual fill up
the minors leagues

or will the game crash

thanks
ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:14 PM   #2
Vezna31
All Star Starter

Make sure you turn injuries to either very low or disabled. I've seen teams get decimated, especially SP's. For the minors, allow ghost players to fill in the spots for not enough players.

Beginning of 1901, you should have enough players for the majors. If not, then the AI is sending players down to minors creating the gap. You may want to eliminate minors at first until the league has enough players and then add them in a little later.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, definitely lower injuries. A few teams might not have the full 25 man roster until 1902 or 1903 if they get a little bad luck with injuries.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
ctorg
Global Moderator

I'd definitely recommend not having affiliated minor leagues in 1901. It doesn't work very well. In fact, when simming history with real players, I've found it's best to either not have minor leagues or to have only one level. After all, you are drafting guys in the year that they made their historical major league debuts. At the very least, turn on ghost players.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorg View Post
I'd definitely recommend not having affiliated minor leagues in 1901. It doesn't work very well. In fact, when simming history with real players, I've found it's best to either not have minor leagues or to have only one level. After all, you are drafting guys in the year that they made their historical major league debuts. At the very least, turn on ghost players.
I run three levels of minor leagues with ghost players and have been running two early century sims for a few months now (one was ruined by the Agent Smith bug). 95% of players who are going to have some sort of impact on the majors usually go straight there or only sit in Triple-A for a season. The scrubs usually never get past Single-A. I just can't NOT have minors though...
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote