Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 03-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
Vida Blue
Major Leagues

1901-1920: Always the toughest nut to crack.

I have always played OOTP first and foremost for its historical aspects. Up until this version the transition from the Deadball Era into contemporary baseball has always been a real chore for me. Getting Ruth to jump from pitcher to the outfield and have his HR numbers increase (without importing two Ruths) and every other anomaly within that time period usually forced me to start my career in 1920 and go from there. In this version, I must say that the historical side of the game has vastly improved. Automatic expansion, teams moving, name changes and stadium changes have all happened without me lifting a finger. Ruth made the transition to outfield with believable HR totals and Cy Young who usually crapped out in earlier versions played until he was 46 as a STARTER. No simulation is perfect but I am very pleased with the statistical results thus far.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Dargone
Hall Of Famer

Agreed...
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.-Margaret Mitchell
Dargone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

Historicals are why I play OOTP.

I was fascinated by the idea of being able to sim history as far back as OOTP2, and haven't looked back.

All that said, OOTP2007 is a historical simmer's dream game. It could be better, but, you know, it's pretty darn good right now.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

yeah, so far its great. With the LogoWatchDog, i dont have to worry about logos ever again. Just getting ballparks in is still hard and i dont really bother with them much.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
TJdaSportsGuy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
yeah, so far its great. With the LogoWatchDog, i dont have to worry about logos ever again. Just getting ballparks in is still hard and i dont really bother with them much.
LogoWatchDog? I'm not familiar. Tell me more.
TJdaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

http://planetootp.com/anderson_utili...r_ootp2007.htm

You just run this program, download the logos w/the program.Then select the league and the location of the logos.Then set it to do a CSV dump every year, and then keep it running and start simming. It change the logos when necessary. Very cool program
Old 04-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
http://planetootp.com/anderson_utili...r_ootp2007.htm

You just run this program, download the logos w/the program.Then select the league and the location of the logos.Then set it to do a CSV dump every year, and then keep it running and start simming. It change the logos when necessary. Very cool program

Learn something new everyday, thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote