Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 11-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #561
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I do want to say Pouncey deserves 2 to 3 games himself. I don't fault him for getting angry. I don't fault him for fighting. But the kicks to the head went over the line. The rest of his linemen teammates were able to keep their composure, so there is no excuse for him losing his to that extent. I don't have much tolerance for that gangbanger mentality.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #562
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I was too busy watching the Tar Heels disappoint me again. SMH

I watched the better game. But saw Myles Garrett lose it on SC afterward.
And BTW...I'd been meaning to ask this.....Who is the genius in the ACC who decided the best time for Pitt to host a weekday primetime telecast would be the same night the Steelers were playing in primetime on the road?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #563
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

The ACC football schedule was finalized in January. I guess their crystal ball wasn't working properly.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #564
mirrf
All Star Starter

Quote:
See you in 2020 Myles Garrett
I had already turned off the game because the game was bad. Legit horrible QB play on both sides. The last touchdown of the game Mayfield thew the ball into a defender's back and the Browns TE caught the ball around said defender. That play was pure hot garbage; Mayfield was rattled and threw a desperation pass to the endzone. I guess you can say Carlson made a good catch, but that's it.

Seeing the helmet hitting this morning..... Myles Garret should be suspended indefinitely. Pouncey should be punished himself, although you can argue he just saw his un-helmeted QB take a hit from a DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrf View Post
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #565
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully Garrett never sees an NFL field again. He was already a dirty player before he went 5150 in this game. He will never stop being dirty.

And hopefully Pouncey doesn't see the field again until 2021.

The NFL, and all sports, need to do a better job with this level of violence and unsportsmanship.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #566
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Hopefully Garrett never sees an NFL field again. He was already a dirty player before he went 5150 in this game. He will never stop being dirty.

And hopefully Pouncey doesn't see the field again until 2021.

The NFL, and all sports, need to do a better job with this level of violence and unsportsmanship.
Watching this again, Ogunjobi should be suspended as well.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #567
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Watching this again, Ogunjobi should be suspended as well.
I'll be fine if he was suspended just for being a you-know-what. I understand, if he didn't see what started, how he would enter the fray to back up his teammate. He saw him getting triple teamed & reacted. I could buy that. But of the three guys he could have hit, he didn't choose the 2 300lb behemoths attacking his boy. He shoved the guy with a single digit on his jersey.

That's weak.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 11-15-2019 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:07 PM   #568
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be fine if he was suspended just for being a you-know-what. I understand, if he didn't see what started, how he would enter the fray to back up his teammate. He saw him getting triple teamed & reacted. I could buy that. But of the three guys he could have hit, he didn't choose the 2 300lb behemoths attacking his boy. He shoved the guy with a single digit on his jersey.

That's weak.
And choose to shove the guy with his backed turned.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #569
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I had already turned off the game because the game was bad. Legit horrible QB play on both sides. The last touchdown of the game Mayfield thew the ball into a defender's back and the Browns TE caught the ball around said defender. That play was pure hot garbage; Mayfield was rattled and threw a desperation pass to the endzone. I guess you can say Carlson made a good catch, but that's it.

Seeing the helmet hitting this morning..... Myles Garret should be suspended indefinitely. Pouncey should be punished himself, although you can argue he just saw his un-helmeted QB take a hit from a DE.

and that's exactly what came down... Garret suspended indefinitely.... Pouncey 3 games; Ogunjobi 1 game

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/us/nf...ded/index.html
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:11 PM   #570
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
and that's exactly what came down... Garret suspended indefinitely.... Pouncey 3 games; Ogunjobi 1 game

That was quick. I'm sure indefinite is "indefinite". The other penalties are just. NFL may have actually gotten one right for a change.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #571
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Garrett lost the plot for some reason, Pouncey was lucky his kicking was weak and hit the Cleveland players leg. Ogunjobi was plain gutless, imo Pouncey and Ogunjobi got off light.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #572
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's fine as far as the league goes. Here's my question: What about criminal charges for Garrett? That would turn brutish heads for sure. This was not a fight; this was an assault. If Garrett did the same thing off the field, he'd be in jail.

EDIT: Just Garrett, by the way. He committed assault. The rest of it was a fight.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 11-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #573
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Garrett lost the plot for some reason, Pouncey was lucky his kicking was weak and hit the Cleveland players leg. Ogunjobi was plain gutless, imo Pouncey and Ogunjobi got off light.
Is "lost the plot" a British thing? Never heard that expression before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
That's fine as far as the league goes. Here's my question: What about criminal charges for Garrett? That would turn brutish heads for sure. This was not a fight; this was an assault. If Garrett did the same thing off the field, he'd be in jail.

EDIT: Just Garrett, by the way. He committed assault. The rest of it was a fight.
Rudolph's agent said "all options are on the table". So stay tuned. I think he won't press charges because Garrett might charge Pouncey for the kicks to the head.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-15-2019, 03:27 PM   #574
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Quote:
Is "lost the plot" a British thing? Never heard that expression before.
Yes, and I have adopted it and use it often.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #575
mirrf
All Star Starter

Quote:

Quote:
That was quick. I'm sure indefinite is "indefinite". The other penalties are just. NFL may have actually gotten one right for a change.
Yea, it means suspended for the rest of the year, with the opportunity of getting reinstated. He'll probably get released, then join up with some team next year looking for quality NFL talent at low, low prices.

Quote:
Time is like a crystal pool in front of a mirror, wrapped in a fortune cookie. It is to be eaten, but the glass shards will burn brightest when coming out the back end.
mirrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:55 PM   #576
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is "lost the plot" a British thing? Never heard that expression before..
Not 100% as some say its origin is Australian, also some say it comes from watching a confusing film and losing said plot, some say it may date further to the theatre before films, but yes you hear it a lot over here.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:00 PM   #577
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You see it time and time again in multiple sports where if it was in public they'd be arrested, I know people will say specially sports people "it's the heat of the moment" but it usually is when it's in public.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #578
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This actually comes as a surprise to me. Sad. But their track record is so bad with this.

Quote:

Aggravated assault if I'm not mistaken. He won't be charged, but the league needs to set an example with this case.

Quote:
Yea, it means suspended for the rest of the year, with the opportunity of getting reinstated. He'll probably get released, then join up with some team next year looking for quality NFL talent at low, low prices.
Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen. If he is allowed to play next season some team will offer him a decent deal because he is a very talented player. So he'll be paid very well. That is unless he is suspended further. If he's suspended for multiple seasons teams might not be so quick to sign him to a lofty deal.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #579
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He'll 100% be back next year. He'll do some type of program, have his lawyer write a stock sorry letter, then get signed by the Cowboys, Redskins or Raiders.

Then a couple months after he'll do the same ****.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #580
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure his contract isn't terminated. When he is reinstated, I'm positive the Browns will own his rights.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance