Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 11-16-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
Echo127
Minors (Single A)

161-game MLB schedule inside...play every team every season

Schedule is attached, but first some story time...

A while back (probably a year ago) I started a thread here asking for some guidance on finishing up a custom schedule that I was trying to create for a solo-play league...my first (and probably last) attempt at one.

My intent was to create an MLB-schedule where:
1. You play every team in your division the same # of times.
2. You play every team in your league (but not division) the same # of times (but not as often as teams in your division).
3. You play every team outside of your league the same # of times (but not as often as teams in your league).
4. You play every team in the MLB at least one series per year.
5. You have an equal number of home/away games vs. each team.
6. The season is 162 games long (so stats/records are comparable to real-life.)

If you know anything about schedules, I obviously had to make some concessions , and some of you guys helped me out with some tips. I did get a functional schedule working, but right as I did someone else posted a new schedule that was close to my goals...it's concessions were that you didn't play every interleague opponent every year (they cycled on a 3-year basis) and you played every team outside your division the same # of times, regardless of league. So I started using it and forgot about mine.

Since then, I've decided that I like my schedule better and since I put so much work into it I thought I should share it. So here's what I've come up with:

1. Season is 161 games long.
2. Series length is 3 games (except for a handful of divisional 2-game series)
3. You play divisional opponents 7H/7A.
4. You play league opponents 3H/3A.
5. You play interleague opponents 3H *OR* 3A (2-year cycle).
6. 4-day all-star break is included.

Schedule quirks:
1. Each team has a 3-game "series-bye" in the middle of the season. There might have been a way to avoid this, but I couldn't find it... at least while keeping standard 3-game series lengths.
2. Each team will alternate yearly between playing 3 extra home games and 3 extra road games. The easy fix here is to have each team play one of its interleague opponents in two 2-game series instead of a single 3-game series (and at the same time bump the schedule up to 162 games!). However, I believe this would require a series of 30 schedules to ensure that in the long run you end up playing each interleague team an equal number of times H/A. And I don't have time for that.
3. In the last week of the season you play each team in your division twice, in a series of 4 double-headers. I did this just because I think it's fun...they could be switched to regular 2-game series easily enough.

Enjoy!
Echo127 is offline   Reply With Quote