Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-30-2019, 08:08 PM   #21
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

things honestly dont seem that different to me, if anything prices are a bit low

theres probably less activity overall since we are thru baseball season. who is buying points this late? most teams are abandoned by now. people are doing fantasy football drafts or back in school or waiting for ultimate team. its halfway thru the game life and we still dont have tournaments or mobile, most people only have so much patience

Last edited by dkgo; 08-30-2019 at 08:17 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:08 PM   #22
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

The worst fear of those guys sitting on huge piles of cards is that we'll all start buying packs. Once fresh supply becomes available, their digital empires are worth the paper they're printed on...

Anyone seen Mr. Durden lately?
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:33 PM   #23
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
AHAH
I love that!

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #24
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I am hating this auction house so hard.

Was pleased to see a Willie Keeler sell for 90K even if it wasn't mine. And before I had a minute to enjoy that, I noticed that TWO more Willie Keelers were put up for about 80K. Where are all of these 98-rated historical diamonds coming from??? Not from missions in this case, so I have to believe the diamond pack sale completely destroyed the seller's position in the marketplace.

Note to self--do not buy any valuable cards right when diamond pack promotions appear.

Looks like it'll be a few more weeks of trying to sell this card...

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 09-01-2019 at 04:51 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Was pleased to see a Willie Keeler sell for 90K even if it wasn't mine. And before I had a minute to enjoy that, I noticed that TWO more Willie Keelers were put up for about 80K.
How is a guy that was known for "hit 'em where they ain't" not a spray hitter?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #26
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I'm still trying to wheel and deal on the Auction House. But I was lucky in that I ended up having a chase card on my team when some missions were released - sold it for a lot of PP and now I'm in the game. So I'm trying to be an active buyer. But for my team with lots of PP to spend, here's what I see:

* I'm often looking for specific players for my theme team or a couple of different players to upgrade a spot. Not looking for a lot of players. And these guys appear rarely... sometimes quite rarely. And I'm at the point where I don't really want to compromise and buy a lesser player. I want my guy, darnit!
* when players I'm interested in DO hit the AH, about half the time it seems people post them at the last 7 day price + 10% to 15%. I'm not buying at that price... maybe someone else is but not me.

this means I do a lot of sitting around not buying stuff.

For my F2P team, on the other hand, I have to go weeks before upgrading - my team in Diamond earned maybe 6k PP this week (I don't track this team exactly but when the week started they were close to 0 and now they're close to 6k). I can't come close to getting a card I want for 6k. I need more like 20k. So this team either has to bootstrap itself into some PP by trying to do some small missions or wait around 2 more weeks to purchase an upgrade.

Do you guys really think things have slowed down appreciably? I figured it would be ok through the World Series and then things would probably die way down. If it's now, that would be sad and unfortunate for me!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:37 PM   #27
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Ive completely given up playing the auction house now. There is just nothing moving anymore, the casual players are all gone and the hardcore people are only looking to sell for 10% higher and buy for 10% lower. We have reached the "set it and forget it" phase of the game

Last edited by dkgo; 09-01-2019 at 11:39 PM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:21 PM   #28
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Ive completely given up playing the auction house now. There is just nothing moving anymore, the casual players are all gone and the hardcore people are only looking to sell for 10% higher and buy for 10% lower. We have reached the "set it and forget it" phase of the game

I have bought and sold 2 million PP worth of cards in the last 5 days. LIVE cards aren't moving because there is a glut of supply relative to the player base. There were a ton of packs ripped by people chasing the Hughie Jennings--that led to the oversupply of LIVE.

The AH is doing just fine imo.

I would be curious to hear your definition of "playing the auction house"...if you are looking to buy and flip...yes those days are over.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 04:46 PM   #29
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Could just be people away from the computer for the holiday weekend.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #30
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Logged in and noticed that I had sold SE Luke Appling. Finally. After 3 solid weeks of trying. And I did a little happy dance in my mind.

Now, I don't mind the Appling card at all--it's just the version I bought had already been used and I am an OCD weirdo about that. My own fault, but it's the way it is.

Of course I bought the card for 95K and sold it for 86.5K, so I only recouped about 78K. But, I'm willing to take the hair cut if it means avoiding another 6 weeks of trying to sell it...

Old 09-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #31
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Could just be people away from the computer for the holiday weekend.
Maybe, but I feel like this has been going on for a couple weeks before the holiday weekend.

I think diamond pack special, football season, new school year etc reasons seem more likely explanations.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:16 AM   #32
Argonaut
All Star Starter

I also took a big haircut on a card with previous stats - SE Eric Davis. Think I bought it for around 60k and finally sold it after weeks of trying for 44,444.

I have Trout instead and bought him for around that sale price, so I justify the loss on Davis as having spent the original money on Trout.. if that makes sense. The LIVE Trout is a better card anyway.

I also moved a few cards this weekend that hadn't been selling previously. It's a different market now for sure, I'm just trying to adapt.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #33
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

The deeper we get into the game and the higher caliber the team rosters, the demand has to fall on all Bronze and Silver cards, as well as most Gold- they simply provide no incremental value to a competitive roster. The only exception is cards that are critical to mission completions- the missions are by themselves propping up the non Diamond card market, so it would make sense for the developers to continue to roll them out.

Most Live Diamonds also have suppressed value, as the supply is far higher than demand, and any buyer has multiple auctions to pick and choose from if they are interested in the card.

Historical Diamonds are the constant currency. Their supply will always be lower than demand, because every team below Perfect can upgrade their team with those cards. This is exactly what has occurred for those of us still playing OOTP 19- while auction prices and demand has completely dried up for most cards post 20 launch, historical Diamonds are still going for all time highs, even with fewer active owners.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote