Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-31-2019, 02:55 PM   #21
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

End or threat.

---
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
Some people like chasing records. I'm in the same group chat as this guy and I did the same strategy this week to open the season. Three of us had discussed how we could potentially get the wins record for the past week. Hoyt was on pace for 41 wins and then it fell off a bit.

People just need to play PT and stop worrying about other's teams.
I was just curious. Thanks.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:33 PM   #23
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Why would people stop worrying about other teams?

If someone is a $$$cow, and we are stuck playing the cow, and we lose, why should we play? Why would we want to play. To lose?

please define $$$cow. then i will answer your question.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:10 PM   #24
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvanhout View Post
Well, that happens to be my team. I was playing an all black theme and realized they could not compete at higher levels due to a lack of quality pitching. So I did a lot of research and switched tactics. I spend a significant amount of time researches my the game and reasoning out how I would like to play it. So far, I seem to be successful.

I am gunning for the Perfect team all-time wins record. And hopefully the all-time SB record as well.
Dvanhout be Dvanhout... Tips hat to your prowess...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:17 PM   #25
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

As for dropping $2000? I have spent more to be worse but I play the way I want and spread across 3 teams (and still drop a buck or two on 2019)

When I used to have many, many, many credit cards... I would have thought nothing to drop $5K on this game a totally max out a cashback/rewards CC in a single night in the Auction House...

Then come back and spend the rewards next month...

Then open another CC and do it again. The first step is admitting you have a problem
Old 08-31-2019, 06:55 PM   #26
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

by not doing it you are turning down free money!
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 08:32 PM   #27
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Free money! Where do I sign... Need a FastSpring Frequent Flyer Miles Card...
Old 08-31-2019, 10:22 PM   #28
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
Some people like chasing records. I'm in the same group chat as this guy and I did the same strategy this week to open the season. Three of us had discussed how we could potentially get the wins record for the past week. Hoyt was on pace for 41 wins and then it fell off a bit.

People just need to play PT and stop worrying about other's teams.
I'm guy #3 here and I'm proud of him for taking the record. It all started because I noticed that last season my Hoyt was snaking wins in the BP when I went with a short pitch count start plan for awhile. I almost tried for the record this season too, but my park factors weren't right for me to try.

DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 01:10 AM   #29
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I feel like the enormous amount of jealously thrown at the whales is vastly more annoying than whales being whales.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 02:12 AM   #30
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
I feel like the enormous amount of jealously thrown at the whales is vastly more annoying than whales being whales.
People here on these forums love a good witchhunt, so much so that they'll see witches everywhere, including where none exist.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #31
HelpDodgers
Major Leagues

I meant no harm. I'm just not at the level and will bow my head in shame.

I'm sorry for any witch hunt

And I am not sorry for pointing out the top players.

---
---

$$$Cow = Cash Cow + PP Cow = someone who has a lot of PP = Whale

Last edited by HelpDodgers; 09-01-2019 at 06:01 AM. Reason: typo
HelpDodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 06:56 AM   #32
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, when the starter does not go 5 innings, it is left to the official scorer's discretion who is credited with an individual win. In every other case it's the pitcher in the game when the winning run is scored.

It is a strange rule, & continued tradition, on at least a level or two.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 09-01-2019 at 06:57 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:09 AM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I can totally understand why someone would question $2000 spent in a game that cost $30. And I can totally understand why someone would question why you wouldn't just let a person do what they want with their own money.

I just don't get why it comes up, and the explanations are never really explanations. It's like "quit it, you're wrong." I don't think he meant it was wrong to spend the money necessarily...

Everyone owes so much to the whales people say. They don't have a game either, without other teams to dismantle.

And there's nothing wrong with spending money, it's laid right out on the page that you can buy PP, so why would you be surprised?

Old 09-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #34
dvanhout
Bat Boy

Why do I want to break a record? because then I would have the record. Why does anyone want to win? Maybe I'm not understanding the question..

I have 3 teams and all of them are doing something different. With the Hustlers, I went with the best def and fastest players at various positions.. I got this idea after I pulled a Hughie Jennings.
One of my other teams is all RHB.. I did this since the majority of the high end whale teams use strong LHB. so I wanted to try something new and maxed park factors for my RHB's.. I start RH pitchers and then switch to LH in the bullpen.

I have about 10 different strategies I am trying out at various times and with various players.. Some of them work, some of them don't..

dvanhout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:43 AM   #35
dvanhout
Bat Boy

I also changed my team name in this instance.. the team was the Den Haag Stars, Delph Black Diamonds, then the Almost AllBlacks, that's prob why you think these players all appeared out of nowhere.. Now they are the Hague Hustlers.

dvanhout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #36
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

This discussion always beats around the bush of what triggers the complaints. NO ONE is truly bitching about the folks that want to spend 2 grand on their team(s). If they have the money, they are free to spend it, and OOTP makes money, and we benefit from a better game.

What we do complain about - and what is rarely discussed - is that those who do NOT spend large amounts of money most usually find a dead end in Perfect Level which is so severe that further daily interest in the game decreases. To make matters worse, this sometimes happens 3-4 months into playing, leaving 2/3rds of the year waiting for the next version.

Card collecting helps keep interest going for a bit, although the need for additional money is a roadblock there as well.

I truly hope tournaments can solve this. If tournaments can be be joined at various lesser levels (Gold Teams, Silver teams, Bronze Teams) then the people who don't have $2000 to spend may have a couple hundred dollars to spend to build lower level teams that can compete.

It might also be that everyone will simply keep their card pulls for tournament construction, which would reserve the AH for high priced players. No way to know until it happens.

The bottom line is that the game isn't (yet) a 12 month experience for most players. Right now it will hold interest for about 6 months, then we go into an "off season" period waiting to start over. It's important that Tournaments extend that time.

Last edited by HRBaker; 09-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 08:48 PM   #37
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Maybe it's up to us.

One, we have to be able to smile sometimes at what happens when we almost blindly build better teams. Interestingly, we discover sometimes more ideal ways to win a baseball game as manager/GM. It's like capitalism.

But if we can really smile about it, then we can just experiment with ANY cards we have...set up rotations, bullpens, def. alignments, global & player alignments, unique team match-ups, etc. however we'd like all in fun knowing no one but us cares and we are doing it just because it is a fun game.

We can decide to some extent how long we keep trying things/competing, on the other hand, some things are out of our control. Like 2 monday mornings ago, when I almost had no opening day because the cable company wanted $ for their service.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:15 AM   #38
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpDodgers View Post
Is there a way to hack PPs?
Of course not.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #39
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
What we do complain about - and what is rarely discussed - is that those who do NOT spend large amounts of money most usually find a dead end in Perfect Level which is so severe that further daily interest in the game decreases. To make matters worse, this sometimes happens 3-4 months into playing, leaving 2/3rds of the year waiting for the next version.

Card collecting helps keep interest going for a bit, although the need for additional money is a roadblock there as well.

I truly hope tournaments can solve this. If tournaments can be be joined at various lesser levels (Gold Teams, Silver teams, Bronze Teams) then the people who don't have $2000 to spend may have a couple hundred dollars to spend to build lower level teams that can compete.

This.

By the end of July, all three of my teams got promoted to Perfect League, where they became non-competitive. I've toyed around with some theme teams and card collections, but otherwise I've lost interest and they've been on auto-pilot.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #40
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
This discussion always beats around the bush of what triggers the complaints. NO ONE is truly bitching about the folks that want to spend 2 grand on their team(s). If they have the money, they are free to spend it, and OOTP makes money, and we benefit from a better game.

It might also be that everyone will simply keep their card pulls for tournament construction, which would reserve the AH for high priced players. No way to know until it happens.

The bottom line is that the game isn't (yet) a 12 month experience for most players. Right now it will hold interest for about 6 months, then we go into an "off season" period waiting to start over. It's important that Tournaments extend that time.
I'm going to add some thoughts to my comments above...

It does seem the Devs are in a hurry to fill the upper levels when the game is released. Maybe it's a feeling that the end result is more fun than the adventure to get there. I would suggest that is wrong, and that the process of advancing up the ranks be slowed. It will provide a greater appreciation of your accomplishment, AND keep your interest longer. I would also suggest (which I have before) that the WS winner and the next three "most wins" teams get promoted. This will reduce the number of "lucky teams" advancing into the higher levels.

I honestly believe that a slower progression will extend interest in the game AND resolve some of the issues concerning inequality at the higher levels.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote