Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues > Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner Want to run an online league? Want to learn about the 'ins' and 'outs' of being a commish? This is the place!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Online automator hangs at 93 on reports

Online automator hangs at 93 percent on league reports, but works fine step by step manually.

This problem occurred in early versions of 9x and then was fixed. It has reoccurred with 9.2.13.

I am using Win XP.

Have let it run all night and it remained stalled at 93 percent.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #2
Tony M
Global Moderator

I've just made a copy of this thread from Technical Support to see if any other commissioners are having the same problem. If any of you are getting the same problem, can you let us know.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

Similar issue

This has been happening to me as well, but it doesn't actually hang. It just takes a loooooooonnnnnggg time at 93% (sometimes an hour or so) before it finally completes.

I was told to manually extract the files directly on the web server to avoid this issue as a workaround. But I honestly don't know how to do that.

Kenny V
KennyV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Dancing Homer
Bat Boy

I have been having a similar issue in that I have been using the Commish Portal automator and my upload hangs at 64% for a looonnnggg time (I am doing a lot of reports including News, Teams and Players for all Minor Leagues). I let it run over night, there are no errors the next morning, but a good portion of my site did not upload. This has happened several times. I am running Vista.
Dancing Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #5
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

I never did get the automator to work again. It only worked in the middle patch between 9.0 and 9.213. It never worked at release 9.0 or now.

Yet every individual step manually works fine.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

I've never used the automator. Mostly because I like to have a sense of control over what I have to do. However, if it remains a feature in the game, it really needs to work properly and without error.

That said, it is possible that the automator has limits. Usually, new leagues never have any issues with it. It's only the leagues that sim a certain number of years that begin to see it. Just a hunch, but I bet the bug lies within code that governs how the automator deals with leagues of a certain size.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone ever figured how to get the automator to work on league reports? Mine still hangs as reported a few months ago. Doesn't matter how long it runs. Afraid it would burn up the hard drive after one 24-hour run to experiment.

Worked successfully only one of my nine seasons of v 9.213

Old 05-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #8
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

When I turn off history in the league reports, it does not hang up at 93 percent. Now it hangs up at 85 percent while trying to generate news reports. If I turn off news, there's no point to generating reports.

There has to be a bug here in the automator. Any ideas why automator works for some and not for others?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #9
KennyV17
Minors (Double A)

I haven't found a fix yet. It still hangs at 93% for me. I been using the automater to upload the league file only and then using a third Party FTP program to upload the html pages directly to my web site.

I've sort of given up on this being fixed in this version. I'm hoping version 10 doesn't have the same issue.

Kenny V
KennyV17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Join me. Don't use the automator. Just do it all manually because your computer resources seem to be overtaxed with the automator.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone ever tried uploading without compressing into a .tar file and simply uploading one by one. Is that a way to let it run, walk away and eventually have everything on the site ready for the GMs? Or does one by one mean you have to sit at the screen throughout the whole transmission?

It just takes so long to do all this step by step without the automator and then go to the web site to run the unzip report utility. Just looking for a lazy way. Thank goodness the league file does everything just fine through the automator.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell View Post
Has anyone ever tried uploading without compressing into a .tar file and simply uploading one by one. Is that a way to let it run, walk away and eventually have everything on the site ready for the GMs? Or does one by one mean you have to sit at the screen throughout the whole transmission?
You don't have to babysit the one-at-a-time method.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell View Post
It just takes so long to do all this step by step without the automator and then go to the web site to run the unzip report utility.
The extra steps to do it outside of the game do add to the time cost, but it takes much less overall time to use third-party utilities.

I never could get the in-game functions to work properly, so I gave up on them right after the game came out.

That being said, I respect that you want to do it in-game. That's your prerogative. The function should work.
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #14
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
You don't have to babysit the one-at-a-time method.
So that means that you don't have to archive the league reports; just generate and upload the files one-at-a-time and walk away?