Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-15-2024, 09:54 AM   #721
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The Bills billing the city for shovelers would never be a problem in Green Bay, because the Packers aren't looking to screw their fans.

Because the Packers are owned by their fans.

Which is why the NFL doesn't allow that, any longer.

Screw you, League.

So, with the first weekend's relevant games completed, let's check in on the Class of 1995, shall we? (The five NFL teams that not only haven't won the Super Bowl since Cleveland fired Belicheater, not only haven't been to the Super Bowl, but haven't even qualified for the Conference Championship. Which, I remind you, is a threshold so low, even the Jets have done that. Three times.)

RedCommies: DNQ

Fish: at least getting beat by Mahomes in KC is semi-respectable

NuBrowns: nowhere near respectable. Embarrassing.

Dem 'Boys!: They only wish they were merely "embarrassing".

Roar, Lions, Roar!: Still standing. Huh.

(Yes, Yes, the Houston Enrons have also never even made a semifinal and technically they are only three years younger than the NuBrowns, but I want to keep this list to 20th-century teams. Mostly to dunk on the Plowboys some more, I admit.)

Last edited by Amazin69; 01-15-2024 at 09:56 AM.
Amazin69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 10:16 AM   #722
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Pelissero reporting that Harbaugh has taken an interview for the Chargers job. gonna be interesting to see if he can turn that ship around

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 01:24 PM   #723
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
GB's offense scored on 6 of their first 7 possessions.

How is that Dak's fault?

Dak can take blame for his 2 picks, the first of which was a good play by the DB (the other team gets paid too). But other than that, Dallas' D stopped NOTHING. NOTHING! Did Love ever have to throw into coverage? Didn't Dallas record zero sacks? Didn't AJones run for plus 5 a pop? There was plenty of blame to go around & shouldn't rest on one man's shoulders.
Sure ... two pick sixes in the first half. The game was OVER in the first half. Was that Dallas' defense too?

Here's the money quote from a major Dallas area newspaper:

Quote:
Do not look at his stat sheet from this game; these numbers are full of lies and damn lies. Watch the game; when this playoff game mattered, he was awful.
dsvitak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 01:38 PM   #724
pilight
All Star Starter

Only one was a pick-six. The defense could have stopped the Packers from scoring after the other one, but of course they didn't.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 02:38 PM   #725
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The defense might have held GB to 3 points, but Dak set them up in the Red Zone.

First half score:
GB Offense 17, GB Defense 10, Dallas 7

3rd Quarter score: GB 14, Dallas 9

4th Quarter (GB trying): GB 7, Dallas 0

Garbage time: GB 0, Dallas 16.

Did the defense fail? Yes.
Did Dak fail? Hell, yes.

No need for whataboutery, IMO.
Amazin69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:55 PM   #726
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

I think Dallas' secondary has gone overrated this year given how much Micah Parsons helps their job by basically being an automatic 2-second pressure. Green Bay did a great job neutralizing that and Love delivered a number of accurate throws under pressure, to open receivers over the middle of the field because the Cowboys aided that effort by deciding to play way too much soft zone for whatever reason. They weren't exactly going up against track stars; Green Bay's main deep threat Christian Watson was coming off injury and didn't play a ton of snaps, after all.

So while the defense was the main culprit (and the scheme moreso than anything else) of the loss, Dak still struggled to find much momentum in that first half which largely allowed GB to run up the big early lead. It felt like Dak was thrown off by not being on the same page with Ceedee Lamb early, and unfortunately on the pick-6 it felt like he forced the ball in to Lamb after a couple nice completions to Gallup helped the offense finally get something going. Imo if Dak was more willing to go with the flow in that first half the deficit wouldn't have been as bad, so to me he deserves a fair chunk of the blame for the loss as well.
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:09 PM   #727
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilight View Post
Only one was a pick-six. The defense could have stopped the Packers from scoring after the other one, but of course they didn't.
You had just as many yards passing as Dak, in the first quarter. He gave the 'Boys no chance.
Old 01-15-2024, 06:10 PM   #728
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Here's a nice, feel good story about Jordan Love.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-car...232637658.html
Old 01-15-2024, 06:15 PM   #729
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the defense didn't show up. The offense caved under pressure. I know Dak doesn't play defense, but I watch every Cowboys game. Two of Dak's worst games I've seen him play were the last two playoff games. Those two would make his top 5 worse.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 06:51 PM   #730
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Heard they were resigning Aikman. (Credit to the Babylon Bee)

(If the Lions lose next week, I'll try to remember to post that we're resigning Bobby Layne)
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."

Last edited by Ty Cobb; 01-15-2024 at 06:53 PM.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 07:24 PM   #731
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvitak View Post
Sure ... two pick sixes in the first half. The game was OVER in the first half. Was that Dallas' defense too?

Here's the money quote from a major Dallas area newspaper:
As mentioned, only one was a pick 6. If the D could have, at minimum, kept the scores to 3 points on half of those drives, it would have made a HUGE difference. But those were all TD's.

So let's clarify this.................w/o Dak on the field, Dallas gave up 42 points. Name me the QB in NFL history who you would expect (not could) expect to be able to score 43 points and get the win anyway................this should be interesting....................
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:21 PM   #732
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As mentioned, only one was a pick 6. If the D could have, at minimum, kept the scores to 3 points on half of those drives, it would have made a HUGE difference. But those were all TD's.

So let's clarify this.................w/o Dak on the field, Dallas gave up 42 points. Name me the QB in NFL history who you would expect (not could) expect to be able to score 43 points and get the win anyway................this should be interesting....................
Dak Prescott had ZERO yards passing in the first quarter, and 87 yards in the first half.

Go ahead. Defend that. Pun intended.

A HUGE reason that Dallas gave up so many points was that Dak couldn't get a first down. How many three and outs did they have, the first half? What was the time of possession?

I give Dak Prescott, PERSONALLY, the biggest chunk of the blame of any other single individual on Dallas' team.

Last edited by dsvitak; 01-15-2024 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:24 PM   #733
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Yeah, the defense didn't show up. The offense caved under pressure. I know Dak doesn't play defense, but I watch every Cowboys game. Two of Dak's worst games I've seen him play were the last two playoff games. Those two would make his top 5 worse.
The Dak apologists are out in force. There is nothing you or I can say to make them see logic or reason here. His playoff record is his legacy. Two wins (one by just two points), and five losses.

Last edited by dsvitak; 01-15-2024 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:37 PM   #734
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dak Prescott had ZERO yards passing in the first quarter, and 87 yards in the first half.

Go ahead. Defend that. Pun intended.

A HUGE reason that Dallas gave up so many points was that Dak couldn't get a first down. How many three and outs did they have, the first half? What was the time of possession?

I give Dak Prescott, PERSONALLY, the biggest chunk of the blame of any other single individual on Dallas' team.
Answer the question.

NAME THE NFL QB AT ANY TIME IN HISTORY THAT YOU WOULD EXPECT TO SCORE 43 POINTS TO WIN THAT GAME DESPITE WHAT THE D DID.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 01-15-2024 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:11 PM   #735
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree with you 100%. But Dak was bad too. It was a team effort of crap. The offense clams up when they are down. It's been a trend with this team. This is whether or not the defense plays well.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:15 PM   #736
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Dak apologists are out in force. There is nothing you or I can say to make them see logic or reason here. His playoff record is his legacy. Two wins (one by just two points), and five losses.
I apologize for him sometime because the Cowboys lose in the playoffs to better teams. A lot of playoff teams lose to better playoff teams. But the last two playoff games Dak played happened to be some of the worst performances I've seen by him. It really looks like he's nervous.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:21 PM   #737
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Answer the question.

NAME THE NFL QB AT ANY TIME IN HISTORY THAT YOU WOULD EXPECT TO SCORE 43 POINTS TO WIN THAT GAME DESPITE WHAT THE D DID.
Kurt Warner.

I'd love to agree with you. But I can't. When an offense can't respond, that gives the other team more opportunity to score. It's really that simple.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:45 PM   #738
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. But Dak was bad too. It was a team effort of crap. The offense clams up when they are down. It's been a trend with this team. This is whether or not the defense plays well.
Quote:
GB's offense scored on 6 of their first 7 possessions.

How is that Dak's fault?

Dak can take blame for his 2 picks, the first of which was a good play by the DB (the other team gets paid too). But other than that, Dallas' D stopped NOTHING. NOTHING! Did Love ever have to throw into coverage? Didn't Dallas record zero sacks? Didn't AJones run for plus 5 a pop? There was plenty of blame to go around & shouldn't rest on one man's shoulders.
I never claimed Dak had a good game. I never said he doesn't shoulder some blame. I said he shouldn't get all the blame.

Even if Dak had a good game, it would be highly unlikely he could make up for 42 points. Anybody that wants to say Sunday was Dak's fault solely is just a hater of Dak. There is zero logic to conclude Prescott was responsible for 42 points when he was on the sidelines. It's ludicrous.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 01-15-2024, 10:48 PM   #739
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Kurt Warner.

Quote:
I'd love to agree with you. But I can't. When an offense can't respond, that gives the other team more opportunity to score. It's really that simple.
Agreed. Six out of 7, Rags. Six out of frikkin' seven. It wasn't about more opportunities. It was about the D's inability.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 01-15-2024 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:01 PM   #740
mytreds
All Star Reserve

I think it’s Daks overall postseason performance people are looking at, not just yesterday alone. Like dsvitak says, 2-5 in the postseason isn’t good. How many more attempts does Dak get before people realize he just isn’t that good, or maybe needs to leave Dallas and find a system he works well in.

“Once, centuries ago, it was the beloved national pastime of the Americas, Wesley. Abandoned by a society that prized fast food and faster games. Lost to impatience.”

“ The term ‘WAR’ should be replaced by ‘WAG’. WAR isn’t an actual measurement; it’s just a wild-ass guess” -Bill James

RIP National League 1876-2022

I make custom ballparks.
mytreds is offline   Reply With Quote