Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods > TBCB Photos

Old 02-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #81
jofre
Hall Of Famer

Great job Cube! I'll send you whatever I have from the missing photo files to add to your collection.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:25 PM   #82
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Makes my efforts feel worthwhile. If anyone has photos not in the archive, just post here or send to cubedrum@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Cube
Old 02-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #83
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

I believe this fighter was one of the missing ones. IF only we could get a picture of Battling Bozo. I'm dying to get a pic of him.
Attached Images
crusadecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #84
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

by the way that is Kevin Lear. above.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:49 PM   #85
maxx
All Star Reserve

A phenomenal addition to the game. Thank you for your dedicated work.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:17 PM   #86
Boxingnut
Major Leagues

Absolutely a first class job. I tip my hat to you sir. Thank you very much.
Boxingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:22 PM   #87
mking55
All Star Starter

Here is a picture of Lamar Clark. I read somewhere that Clark had the longest string of wins by knockout of all time. The number is 44.

In this picture he is kind of embarrassed and hiding from the camera. (I can't remember the other guy's name, but I heard he went on to a fine career).
Attached Images
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 07:55 PM   #88
jabbo
Minors (Single A)

Clark was the Don Steele of his era.

Jabbo
jabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 08:41 PM   #89
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jabbo
Clark was the Don Steele of his era.

Jabbo
Not to split hairs, but on behalf of Lamar Clark I protest.

First of all, you may try and say that Don Steele was the Lamar Clark of his era, and not the other way around. Clark was first.

Second, and more important, there is no comparison. Don Steele's record for consecutive knockouts is 7. Clark's is 44. That is a difference of 37.

"And you Dan Steele are no Lamar Clark"
Senator Lloyd Bentson
Old 02-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #90
jabbo
Minors (Single A)

Grammatically, I think it works either way, but...

Steele was similar to Clark in that he ran up a record impressive, on the surface at least, by taking on nonentities. I wasn't specifically addressing the KO record. Clark's inclusion in the Trunzo database is most certainly due solely to his status as an early Clay/Ali opponent.

But if we're going to split hairs...I believe it's Bentsen, but you're closer than most! Certainly closer than his "potatoe"-head opponent would have been!

Martin, as an avowed Chuvaloist, I'm interested in your take on the high rating the Trunzos accorded Chuvalo and Cleroux, compared to contemporaries such as Quarry and Folley.

Bob
jabbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:01 AM   #91
mking55
All Star Starter

I only brought up Clark because I found the picture and as a bonus during my search I saw that knockout record trivia. I thought it was interesting.

Even if they were all bums that he fought, like it looks like, it is still quite unique in my mind. 44 knockouts! Maybe the Trunzo's put him in because he was a KO artist? Then again, like you said, maybe because he lost to Ali. However, that does give him 2 claims to fame.

I still don't think that Steele and Clark can be mentioned in the same breath, except as guys who beat on bums. And I'm sorry for my spelling of the Senator's name. I looked it up on google to be sure, and wouldn't you know it, a bunch of sites have his name spelled wrong. Shame on me!

I had never heard of Robert Cleroux until I got this game, or if I had, I'd forgotten him. Chuvalo is my first recollection of a boxer. I thought he beat Patterson, but I was biased and cheering the home town favorite. George was quite upset that he lost the decision. I agonized over the Chuvalo-Terrell fight. Terrell beat him badly in my memory and I was quite disappointed. I was thrilled by the Chuvalo-Ali fight, because George went the distance. His victory over Quarry sticks out in my mind as one of the high points of his career.

Why the Quarry fight? In my no-nothing opinion, George Chuvalo lost every world class fight he was in. You couldn't knock him down, but that was about it. He lost to everyone it seemed. When he had the fight with Quarry it was almost a miracle in my mind that he won. As we all know it is so frustrating as a kid to have a sports favorite who just can't win. That was Chuvalo. He was Canadian champion, but so what? I wanted a World Champion.

What is even sadder about my misguided youth was my choice as 2nd favorite fighter. That was Henry Cooper. How pathetic could I get?

The only reason I can see why Chuvalo ends up with a high rating is that you couldn't knock him down. That's it. And he lasted a long time. Long enough to lose to almost every top fighter of his era. If you fight all the 9-rated fighters against each other, and I have, George Chuvalo had the 2nd worst winning percentage. (Paolino Uzcudun had the worst. He must have been a better woodchopper than fighter because he couldn't chop down the other fighters).

I have no idea why Cleroux rates so high. Who did he beat? Cleveland Williams was 137 years old when Cleroux beat him. He sometimes beat Chuvalo, and sometimes Chuvalo beat him. He lost to Zora Folley twice. He lost to Mike DeJohn. He lost to Buddy Turman from Tyler, Texas (where I live). The only person of note I see him winning against was Roy Harris. And I don't think beating Roy Harris makes you anything (except maybe Texas State Heavyweight Champion).

So, I have rambled enough. I have no idea why Cleroux is anything above a 3 or 4. Chuvalo says '6' to me. But I am a hard marker. I would be curious if you could get the Trunzo's to explain these high ratings for Chuvalo and Cleroux. Is it the favortism of Canadians? (Then why isn't Clyde Gray a 10?).

Seriously, I would love to know. From studying the records a few of these ratings are way beyond my understanding. Cleroux is one of them. Chuvalo is sort of another one.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:14 AM   #92
darthpb
All Star Reserve

Hey, just playing after downloading your pics...ALL HAIL THE MASTER!!!! Thank you!!!
darthpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:49 AM   #93
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

Found another missing fighter for all the completists like myself. This is Dan ward getting beat up by the Hitman. Maybe cube can make this pic come out better : )
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2004, 03:12 AM   #94
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Thats a great pic, but in the game if possable you need a full face pic.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:19 AM   #95
Number 6
Minors (Single A)

Another vote of tanks to Cubedrum, I did have a a collection of about 400 of my own photos, but lost lost the lot when my PC died a couple of weeks ago, Cube has certainly saved me a lot of work trying to find them all again.

Last edited by Number 6; 02-06-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 02:59 PM   #96
estone57
Minors (Single A)

Another big thanks to Cube for a job well done. You made a great game a lot more interesting. Thanks for all the research you did for all of us gamers!
estone57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 03:55 PM   #97
Claybor
All Star Starter

Wow, great work!!!
Claybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 07:07 PM   #98
crusadecat
All Star Reserve

yeah i agree Wildhawke I prefer full face pics. When not available I try to go to an action shot but where the persons face is visible.
This was simply the only option I had for Mr. Ward. Hopefully something better for him crops up. (still looking for Battling Bozo)
: )
Old 02-06-2004, 07:19 PM   #99
cubedrum
All Star Reserve

I was going to hold this back until the first update in about 3 weeks, but thanks to Dan Couco here's Battling Bozo.
Attached Images
Old 02-06-2004, 07:20 PM   #100
mking55
All Star Starter

This might be Mauro Mina whose picture is not in the fabulous Cubedrum photo pack. Mina would be the guy on the left.

If it's not Mina, then I don't know who it is. It looks like Pele to me, but it's not.

If I could read Spanish I might be more sure. But I think it's Mina. If it's not, just pretend.
Attached Images