Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #1
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Options for career stats by team

I would like to see the stats as accumulated on my team separately from any previous teams during the card's history. It would also be nice to see the stats for each previous team separately. The accumulated career stats can be confusing otherwise; for example, a prior team may have been using extreme ballpark factors or (as in this case) a prior team might have used the starting pitcher exclusively in relief thus increasing K rate. Seeing all teams separately would help to isolate this.

The career stats page has a section at the bottom which appears to be intended to separate the stats by team. However, it doesn't work. Could this be fixed?

Name:  career stats.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  88.0 KB

After correction, this card would show a line for TEX and a line for LOU, instead of a line for previous years and a line for the current league.

Also, could a split option be added to show "current team only"?

Finally, could a toggle be added to display (1) all badges or (2) badges from current team only?

Thanks for considering these suggestions.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I would like to see the stats as accumulated on my team separately from any previous teams during the card's history. It would also be nice to see the stats for each previous team separately.
Pretty sure these stats display correctly in the main game, so not sure why they don't in PT.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:25 PM   #3
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Also want (well.. need) an option to totally clear stats.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Also want (well.. need) an option to totally clear stats.
I would like to see that too, but that suggestion has been made before and ignored so far. Maybe the developers can't do it or don't feel the investment required is justified.

I am making a different suggestion above to leave the stats alone and just give us some better display options. I hope to get an answer on the display options so please don't turn this into another thread asking for stats to be cleared. Thanks.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I would like to see that too, but that suggestion has been made before and ignored so far. Maybe the developers can't do it or don't feel the investment required is justified.

I am making a different suggestion above to leave the stats alone and just give us some better display options. I hope to get an answer on the display options so please don't turn this into another thread asking for stats to be cleared. Thanks.
Additional sorting features of the stats have already been requested and summarily ignored as well, though admittedly not with this degree of specificity.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #6
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I'd be down with a "current team" split option in line with the "current league" split option...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Here the difference between the 'total' & the 'career LOU' line is the current season. Guess it's Perfect League career totals, though, not team-specific.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:50 PM   #8
bailey
Hall Of Famer

I certainly would like to see franchise records maintained (as in the base game) at least for single season records. (Career records would be kinda ridiculous). Also, on the Achievements & Trophies page, league standings are not enough. Would also like to see for my own team, batting and pitching stats for that season (as in the base game). Maybe someone knows an option to easily download this stuff because right now I have to take screenshots of the relevant reports page, but I don't always get it done.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:19 PM   #9
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
I certainly would like to see franchise records maintained (as in the base game) at least for single season records. (Career records would be kinda ridiculous). Also, on the Achievements & Trophies page, league standings are not enough. Would also like to see for my own team, batting and pitching stats for that season (as in the base game). Maybe someone knows an option to easily download this stuff because right now I have to take screenshots of the relevant reports page, but I don't always get it done.
would definitely be a nice addition.... my Sunday morning routine consists of a cup o' coffee and PT as I go through the team batting/pitching/fielding reports, as well as my team's individual player streaks and plug the numbers into a spreadsheet for tracking.... (just the highest streaks of the year for hitting/pitching)...

always fun to try and chase those long standing team records (oldest left on my books is a 29 game hitting streak from 2020... came close a couple years with 23, but still haven't surpassed it)
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:25 PM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

I would like to view career post season stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:03 AM   #11
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I would like to view career post season stats.
Since players can gain positional experience from the All Star games they play in, it would also make sense to view these career stats as well.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 05:32 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Unfortunately we cannot really filter by team, because team IDs change from season to season. So the game does not know what's what... we could filter by team abbreviation though, but that is not trivial.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 10-30-2019 at 05:35 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 08:03 AM   #13
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately we cannot really filter by team, because team IDs change from season to season. So the game does not know what's what... we could filter by team abbreviation though, but that is not trivial.
But you obviously have a team name field on the DB, in that case TEX and LOU ... could you not provide a query where you hide TEX?

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote