Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:34 PM   #21
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Interesting...would you mind sharing a screenshot of your pitching setup when you have the chance?

I’m not actually doing this this season ... but for instance I did it a couple of seasons ago , for example , when you were in my league ...

I’ll send you screen shots when I do this depending on the playoff schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #22
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Pitch count is hidden I did that many times and it works... get your best starters (RHP) on your pen, you're going to need 6-7 and get 4 amazing LHP, limit their pitch count to 20-30, have your best pitchers set as emergency starters. It really does work
I'm with Chazzycat on this one; I can definitely see pitch counts for starters on other teams. Not that this isnt still a decent strategy, it's just not a black box.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:47 PM   #23
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
I'm with Chazzycat on this one; I can definitely see pitch counts for starters on other teams. Not that this isnt still a decent strategy, it's just not a black box.

That’s interesting .... I actually never seen the PC at all ... I was totally under the assumption that it was hidden ... I wonder if it changed ? I for sure tested that with a friend back in diamond league .... I guess this will only work with people who set and forget ....I guess not many people use it because I check it constantly when I’m prepping for a series .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #24
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

That is some annoying cheese just abusing the fact that the depth charts don't work well.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #25
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
FYI you can set global pitch counts for SP or RP in the team settings, that are used for pitchers who don't have a set pitch count otherwise. Those pitch counts being in the team strategy settings are hidden. Although really, all pitch counts for other teams should be hidden...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:02 PM   #26
chazzycat
All Star Starter

so I guess the way to do it without being seen, would be to set your "global" pitch count to like 25, but override that for all other players (other than your quasi-openers) by inputting "normal" pitch counts.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #27
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
FYI you can set global pitch counts for SP or RP in the team settings, that are used for pitchers who don't have a set pitch count otherwise. Those pitch counts being in the team strategy settings are hidden. Although really, all pitch counts for other teams should be hidden...
How else would you set the PC?

This is how I do it....

Last edited by X3NEIZE; 09-16-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:15 PM   #28
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Global strategy settings, bottom of the page...

Name:  strategy_pc.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  27.6 KB
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #29
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Is this type of behavior of using pitch counts to goad the AI into using the wrong roster intended? I mean, it's exactly the same strategy as using an opener, just using a weird strategy preset so that the opposing roster construction AI screws up. I'm sure there are higher priorities on the development list, but surely there is a relatively straightforward way to solve this.

Even something as simple as implicitly designating any RP in the starting rotation as an opener, then using the most rested Emergency SP (or most rested long reliever if there are none Emergency SPs, or just abandoning the routine if there are neither) as the likely follower. It seems there must not be a script written to find a likely follower to pair with an opener if no user-designated follower exists, otherwise this would seem to be pretty straightforward.

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 09-16-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #30
daves
Hall Of Famer

Tom Seaver continues to pitch well in the regular season as he pitches a perfect game in the 2nd game of the season for the Doubledays!

This is the 1st season that all 6 of my PT teams are in Perfect leagues. I mention this now since I may not be able to next week.
Attached Images

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #31
daves
Hall Of Famer

Deleted

Last edited by daves; 09-16-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #32
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So when moving the "Hook Starter" slider to quick from the middle, about what pitch count % would be reduced for a starter? 10%? 20%?

Old 09-16-2019, 05:44 PM   #33
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Is this type of behavior of using pitch counts to goad the AI into using the wrong roster intended? I mean, it's exactly the same strategy as using an opener, just using a weird strategy preset so that the opposing roster construction AI screws up. I'm sure there are higher priorities on the development list, but surely there is a relatively straightforward way to solve this.

Even something as simple as implicitly designating any RP in the starting rotation as an opener, then using the most rested Emergency SP (or most rested long reliever if there are none Emergency SPs, or just abandoning the routine if there are neither) as the likely follower. It seems there must not be a script written to find a likely follower to pair with an opener if no user-designated follower exists, otherwise this would seem to be pretty straightforward.
If you set it up that way, people coming in after the first pitcher would not be counted as followers. So they would get the stuff boost as a reliever, but they also would not have the fatigue/stamina that a follower would have. Basically, if you set your team up like that, you're trading stamina for stuff, and yeah, depending on who you're playing, you might be able to trick them into a platoon situation.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #34
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you set it up that way, people coming in after the first pitcher would not be counted as followers. So they would get the stuff boost as a reliever, but they also would not have the fatigue/stamina that a follower would have. Basically, if you set your team up like that, you're trading stamina for stuff, and yeah, depending on who you're playing, you might be able to trick them into a platoon situation.
And this is totally not cheesing at all.... if I was managing the team in real time, I would be able to make pitching changes whenever I please.... It's somewhat counter with a strong platoon bench.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #35
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So when moving the "Hook Starter" slider to quick from the middle, about what pitch count % would be reduced for a starter? 10%? 20%?
The hook settings for starters in most ways are less about pitch counts, and more about situations. So, for example, moving the slider to a quicker hook is more likely to take the guy out if he gives up a few runners, whereas a slower hook maybe he tries to get through the inning. It can have an effect on pitch counts too - if you're going to the next inning and the guy is at 100 pitches, maybe a quick hook will yank him now and a slower one would see if he can get through the inning, but it's not simply a "every move of the slider is like setting a pitch count 2 pitches lower" or something like that.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #36
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Hmmm... I set my pitch counts for all my pitchers on their individual strategy screens with override set and I can use the global as a deception... interesting.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #37
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I see. So if you have a super deep staff, you might be able to squeeze a bit more stuff out of your SPs. But in general it's probably not sustainable. So it's really more of a judgment/strategy call than anything; good! I am fully in favor of that

Old 09-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #38
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

The Frogs have landed in P424 this week. We've hit the ground hopping at 17-3 so far. Whale-free division that we should win. As much as I'll miss being in the same division as pappyzan's squad, we'll have to make do.

The biggest kahunas in P424 this week are the Virginia Beach Freaks (AC) and the Parish WhoDats (NC)--one of asaintsfan's fleur-de-lis adorned squads. In fact, these teams are the only multi-PL champs in the entire league, with the Frogs and Defense Wins Championships having one title a piece. All the other teams are Jonesing for their first PL title.

Rolled the dice on a Buck Ewing card last night and was mildly disappointed (but not shocked) to see it already had stats. Pretty sure it was Bville Battling Bonsai's judging by the BBB abbreviation and the fact the card had a 2033 PL title (a title that BBB won versus my Frogs). Curse you, Bville! Buck is back on the AH with silver Tony Pena getting the nod as catcher #2 on an interim basis.

With the deluge of new missions, unfortunately my work toward SE Vida Blue was a little bit too tardy. Decided to sell what I had going on there rather than fight against new published mission price gouging. Oh well.

Now it's time to go open some packs and get stupid rich selling 41-rated players for 10K PP.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:09 PM   #39
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Defenders: Back in Perfect for the first time in a few weeks. Also changed our strategy of our team which seems an odd thing to after finally getting promoted back to Diamond, but we will see how it goes. The manager will be hailed a genius or....not. Changed park factors, rotation, lineup etc. No big additions or subtractions this week for this team, although I am trying to sell a few people who are part of the new missions.

Missouri Legends: With the addition of the collections, I've worked on selling a couple Kansas City Athletic cards. If those sell, that may just fund the points need for the last card for the Royals collection which would be massive. Currently in Gold OL. Team underperformed last year. Made a few adjustments to park factors, namely reducing all HRs to 0.9. The entire team had two people in double digits; 1 at 17 and 1 at 11 so I didn't think it was wise to let my opponents hit all the HRs and us not have any. Hopefully that improves us for this season!

Kansas Rangers: The biggest update of the week. I pulled my first ever Perfect card; a Perfect Bob Gibson! He goes straight into the rotation alongside 96 Mark Prior. I now have two very solid pitchers who can help us, in addition to Ismael Valdez and Leon Day. Realistically the rotation should be set for a while. Late last week I pulled Peak Duke Snider and Chase Utley who are anchoring the lineup. This team should do well in Bronze so we will see what happens.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:24 PM   #40
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

P408: I Feel for You, NC Central

The 8-time Perfect League champion Singapore Sluggers and the 6-time Perfect League champion Collingwood Magpies are in the same division.

I feel for you, other NC Central members Sunset Town Kings, Parish Levees, and Tidewater Tides. Stay strong; next week will be better, I promise.

Early on, Collingwood holds the edge, having won all 6 of their early season head-to-head matchups. Which...damn, go Magpies!

On the bright side for the rest of the NC, this means either Collingwood or Singapore will be forced to play in the Wild Card game, and if they aren't shockingly upset then, they'll very likely have to face each other in the Division Series. So at least one upstart is guaranteed a spot in the NC Sub-League Series.

Meanwhile, 2 teams in the AC have won multiple Perfect League championships: our own 3-time champion Huntley Red Raiders, who find themselves with a slim lead atop the AC West in the early going, and the 4-time champion New Image Blaze, who, surprisingly, are already 5 games out of first in the AC Central, trailing the red-hot California Alliance and the AC team with the best run differential thus far, the Excelsior Dodgers.

In the end, what this all means is that, at most, only 40% of the playoff bracket will be filled by multiple Perfect League-champion teams. That's at least 6 playoff spots reserved for teams looking for their first Perfect League title. Good luck, everyone! Break through!

And yeah, I see you there, Red Raider Roger Clemens, all smug about your early season league-leading 1.05 ERA. Bring it in the playoffs, man.

Way too early standings follow...
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote