Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
Scipio Africanus
Major Leagues

Need advice for a 1-season historical game - recalc

I'm setting up a 1-season play of the deadball era with one team from each franchise (1906 Cubs, 1909 Pirates, etc.). Every team plays every other team six times. I'm going to manage the Reds. I'm using 1912 as the stats/strategy setting because that's the average year of the teams I've chosen.

My question is: After creating the league and setting it all up, should I hit "auto-calc"? My season is only 90 games long (6x15 games for each team). The first image below is before auto-calc. The second is after auto-calc. Which will give me the more realistic play for the era?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Scipio Africanus; 07-13-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Scipio Africanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #2
Reed
All Star Starter

I do not have an answer but this is a good question. The autocalc modifiers in the top picture, is that before or on/after opening day. Those are some big differences between the 2, especially for hone runs. I know on opening day the computer will double check and adjust the modifiers. If know one chimes in with an answer, I guess you could back up the league and run 2 test leagues to see which one is most realistic.
I just play historical year by year and do not mess with autocalc. You might check the OOTP 19 forum, historical. I know a couple people that played random debut used a specific year and told how to set it up. I think the thread was started by action Jackson but he has not posted here for awhile now.
Good Luck
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:07 PM   #3
Scipio Africanus
Major Leagues

The screenshots above are from before preseason. I've just set up the league and it's Jan. 1.

I did save a quickstart on Jan.1 and, if I can't get a definitive answer from someone here, I'll try to figure it out by running a couple of test seasons, one with auto-calc done, the other not.
Scipio Africanus is offline   Reply With Quote