Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-16-2019, 02:58 PM   #5081
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
Twins/Senators collection, I should clarify. He seems to be a bottleneck for a few people at the moment.
Hardware heroes? I'll check if I have any for you.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #5082
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I think you'll find that the lefty approach has been pretty refined up here in Perfect by, among others, the Condors, the Southpaws, and the Parakeets. That halfway approach might be interesting, we'll have to see how effective it is.
It's not anywhere near completed, just don't have any PP to spare at this point. Sure we all understand that! Have a couple interesting ideas I want to try out when I get there though. Wanted to go ahead and jump to it though since I recently acquired Lenny and Sisler, and even Gomez and Plank.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team

Last edited by Maxfire5; 09-16-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #5083
Diezwraths
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I feel like I never have the PP to speculate - I'm always busy buying and selling cards to improve my team, and it feels like there's never any extra. So you guys who speculated on upcoming missions have a thumbs up from me.
Only thing that drives me to speculate is that I don't like or don't see certain cards since they are being hoarded/not pulled. On the collection release days, I see so many cards I never knew existed. I would buy some of these cards if I saw them, but not at the collection release price point.

My highest pack pulls are live diamonds. I believe I only have one OL pack player on my team. So I have been looking for ways to give myself more luck. The speculation on a few cards helps out if I can pick the right ones and get some saps to spend a tad extra for instant gratification.

F2P Packs
Diezwraths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:30 PM   #5084
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Hardware heroes? I'll check if I have any for you.
Yes. This would actually be my third and final time through the Twins/Sens collections across my 3 OL teams, which is good because they're a good value and all, but I think I may have done them anyway because bringing in Kirby Puckett and Sweet Music Viola for postseason series games really brings out the Twins fan in me.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #5085
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Collections days (well, really any content release days) are some of the best times to be playing this game. I've scraped together about 200k PP over the past month or so (no thanks to the challenge mode pack pulls) through blood, sweat, tears, collections, and a small boost in value today to a few players which prompted me to sell off some of my assets to get up to that mark on the Gauchos. It's been fun taking that number and playing around with rebuild concepts, and I'm excited to see the new team take shape. Not to be selfish or anything, but at this point what I really want is to see that third and final team take home a PL title to join the others

Last edited by QuantaCondor; 09-16-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #5086
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Thanks, omgpuppies, for your hugely informative analysis! I can hardly find any bones to pick, you seem to have covered the bases superbly (home run for you!).

The only nitpick is that although I think Waddell might originally go for 400k, once it settles in, it should be more like 300k, based on comparatives on similar level pitchers. But that's still a huge reward. Congrats to Motown on already completing the Charlie O mission, as I agree it is likely to become prohibitive now. The Southpaws also just completed Charlie O and have put Vida Blue (98) on the AH for the low, low price of 169,999 start/194,999 BIN. Hope it sells, as they are now scrapped for PPs. The other nice thing is that we were able to pick up Fingers (94) as part of that collection, and now have him holding down the bullpen.

Last edited by allenciox; 09-16-2019 at 03:57 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 PM   #5087
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Thanks, omgpuppies, for your hugely informative analysis! I can hardly find any bones to pick, you seem to have covered the bases superbly (home run for you!).

The only nitpick is that although I think Waddell might originally go for 400k, once it settles in, it should be more like 300k, based on comparatives on similar level pitchers. But that's still a huge reward. Congrats to Motown on already completing the Charlie O mission, as I agree it is likely to become prohibitive now. The Southpaws also just completed Charlie O and have put Vida Blue (98) on the AH for the low, low price of 169,999 start/194,999 BIN. Hope it sells, as they are now scrapped for PPs. The other nice thing is that we were able to pick up Fingers (94) as part of that collection, and now have him holding down the bullpen.
I have no idea how your Southpaws ever lose. You've already got one of the best and most expensive teams out there, and here's another 200k PP. You are just flooded in PP from good spending decisions and your team just dominates every single year, at some point you're going to win like 5 WS in a row. (And not to be a stickler, but that was my analysis. Done mostly because I'm procrastinating on my coding... )

Old 09-16-2019, 05:08 PM   #5088
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
It's not anywhere near completed, just don't have any PP to spare at this point. Sure we all understand that! Have a couple interesting ideas I want to try out when I get there though. Wanted to go ahead and jump to it though since I recently acquired Lenny and Sisler, and even Gomez and Plank.

Those guys you mentioned are key. Nice job. Gomez is a hard one to complete.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #5089
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Perfect 420 Setup. Everyone made it in. 13 of the 20 OL teams are in the NC though. :/
You know there are guys in our league who are going, "420 hahah" in their Beavis and Butthead voices. Thank RNG again for placing my four teams in different divisions.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:40 PM   #5090
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Does the math behind the Twins Collection include selling off 100 Johan Santana? So until you sell that final piece you'll be in the hole about ~50k PP? If the price on him comes down that could risk the profitability of the missions.

But I guess a pitcher will hold up better than other cards. The 100 Eric Davis (Mr. Strikeout) barely sells for anything now, rendering the Reds Collection not worth it. Except for a Diamond Pack on the old Reds that netted me a good haul.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #5091
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Does the math behind the Twins Collection include selling off 100 Johan Santana? So until you sell that final piece you'll be in the hole about ~50k PP? If the price on him comes down that could risk the profitability of the missions.

But I guess a pitcher will hold up better than other cards. The 100 Eric Davis (Mr. Strikeout) barely sells for anything now, rendering the Reds Collection not worth it. Except for a Diamond Pack on the old Reds that netted me a good haul.
Yes, pretty sure after selling Santana you should be up between 25-35k.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:52 PM   #5092
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
A quick check this morning of the forum revealed that G364 didn't get updated, so there's a chance joehart's promotion to diamond might be missed, and the Wahington Base Stealers will not get pulled into OL. I have updated the Friends List and also have him on my two diamond teams lists. I guess we'll know in a couple of hours. Sure hope gold doesn't FUBAR again.

The Base Stealers will be taken a break from the OL competition.
They became the Mercenaries from Sweetwater Ranch and will be battling in the dusty Wild West.

Good luck to everyone.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:56 PM   #5093
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post

Yes, all collections set discussion implicitly assumes you sell everything. Johan has no risk of dropping below 50k, or even close. Plus you get a diamond pack with him, plus all the twins/senators depth, plus the sales of SE Oliva/Goslin help pile on.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #5094
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
The Base Stealers will be taken a break from the OL competition.
They became the Mercenaries from Sweetwater Ranch and will be battling in the dusty Wild West.

Good luck to everyone.

I guess Port Ruppert and Asylum didn't have the juice to pull you in, though I'm not sure why not.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #5095
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL Schedule fo S327

OL has a team in every division, so we could conceivably take all 10 playoff spots. Wouldn't that be nice with 11 teams? If we manage that, I'll come up with special headware for the team that doesn't make it.
Attached Images
Old 09-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #5096
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, all collections set discussion implicitly assumes you sell everything. Johan has no risk of dropping below 50k, or even close. Plus you get a diamond pack with him, plus all the twins/senators depth, plus the sales of SE Oliva/Goslin help pile on.

Ooooh. I was wondering about that. Cause that Santana would be super useful. I would like to keep it but can't justify the cost to get it.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #5097
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

OL S327 First Look

With Chi-Town camera shy for the opening month, here's the first look.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-17-2019, 07:11 AM   #5098
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I have a detailed writeup of what Motown has been doing as regards collections in a different thread. I will track it down and re-post it here since it talks about the profit in doing collections.

My Senators team completed the Twins missions since I had already done 2 of the Senators related ones. From my records it looks like I made around 50k from the Twins missions when all was said and done. It helped that I got a good diamond card in the pack you get when you get Santana - don't recall what I got and I'm looking at the wrong team, but whatever diamond was in there sold for 13k.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:14 AM   #5099
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post

I ended up with Fingers from that collection too, and IMHO that's the best of the three diamond cards you can get there. The Jackson card would be ok but nothing special, and the Vida Blue low diamond card is just like a lot of other low diamonds - not terribly useful in Perfect. Whereas the Fingers card is definitely useful there.

Annandale has the Milwaukee Rollie Fingers card and it's different but also very good. I guess I like the mustache!
Old 09-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #5100
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D377 Update

Hampton Roads, Harlem stake early lead in Diamond OL Play

The Diamond OL season got off to a roaring start, with every OL team participating. The Hampton Roads Rush zoomed to the top after a strong month, followed by Harlem. Right behind the two leaders is a pack of contenders, though. The race is on!
Attached Images
Image Image