Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Rainbow Beach Stadium

UPDATES:
HERE'S THE LINK TO THE PARK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrD...ew?usp=sharing
LINK TO .PRK FILE AND PICTURES: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xGW...ew?usp=sharing

I've started to dabble in making a 3D park as part of a personal project. It's a work in progress, but I'm currently working on a 3D replica of Rainbow Beach Stadium from the MLB Power Pros video game. I'd probably use it for my Honolulu-based teams, and will upload it here (somehow) when it's done. For the un-initiated, here's a reference to what the stadium looks like:

And here's how the 3D model is going so far (with edges disabled for better viewing). Had to take some liberties in a couple of areas. Any thoughts? How can I improve on what I'm doing so far?

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 01-28-2022 at 05:55 PM.
dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Well done! Keep at it!
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #3
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

That is really nice. let me know if you need better crowd textures. I will upload all of my signs and images and textures I have created
Old 06-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #4
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

I uploaded my Stadum textures folder. BAsically just a collection of various images I've used in my stadiums. also some materials you can use directly in sketchup. Some of those materials are crowd textures. I like the ones Called Seating attendance_1, 2, 3 and 4

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jioc4b...m_textures.rar
Old 06-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #5
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Thanks! I'm in the end stages of the model now, I'll see what I can do with the textures, maybe use one of the crowd ones you mentioned.

Tried importing the model into OOTP last night, and apparently, my computer does *not* like the 3D grid editor. If I try to do the auto-alignment more than once, the grid and texture just go away. Bit frustrating, but I can plow through it.

If anyone wants to give me a quick hand with getting it aligned in-game, here's the OBJ + texture files that I uploaded to Dropbox (if I can do that; what's an easier way to share these kinds of things?):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eftu2534ti...adium.zip?dl=0

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Last edited by dishnet34; 06-03-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:41 PM   #6
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Thanks! I'm in the end stages of the model now, I'll see what I can do with the textures, maybe use one of the crowd ones you mentioned.

Tried importing the model into OOTP last night, and apparently, my computer does *not* like the 3D grid editor. If I try to do the auto-alignment more than once, the grid and texture just go away. Bit frustrating, but I can plow through it.

If anyone wants to give me a quick hand with getting it aligned in-game, here's the OBJ + texture files that I uploaded to Dropbox (if I can do that; what's an easier way to share these kinds of things?):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eftu2534ti...adium.zip?dl=0
gave it a shot, but your stadium shows as all black in the game. I'm thinking you don't have both sides of your textures painted. Try reversing the textures in sketchup and painting the other side as well.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:13 AM   #7
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
gave it a shot, but your stadium shows as all black in the game. I'm thinking you don't have both sides of your textures painted. Try reversing the textures in sketchup and painting the other side as well.
Hmm...thought I did? Maybe since I used colors and not actual textures on some of the walls (such as the corners near the dugout and the top of the walls), that it did that? That's odd.

I'll go back in over the next day or two and see if I can't get it fixed.

Old 06-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #8
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Update: After an hour or two this morning of working on it, I think I have the textures figured out (save for the apartment complex in LF, but it's minimal and will probably be used for a camera angle of some sort.) Still the same issues with the editor in-game, though. Here's the updated model:

(SEE POST #13 FOR UPDATED LINK, #15 FOR PRK AND PICTURE FILES)

Last edited by dishnet34; 11-25-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishnet34 View Post
Hmm...thought I did? Maybe since I used colors and not actual textures on some of the walls
I ran into similar issues when I used colors instead of textures.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:29 PM   #10
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Sorry to bump, but could anyone try to help me out with getting the auto-adjust to work on the park? It's not working on my game for some reason, even though I'm doing the steps correctly. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #11
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Beautiful work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #12
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

(*&)($_*_%*)!!!

I'm getting 404'd on this. What happened to the file? This looks like a promising addition.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #13
dishnet34
All Star Starter

My apologies for removing the file. I had another project that took precedence, and this was removed to accomodate for space on my free Dropbox account. I've migrated the files to Google Drive, so hopefully that helps. Here's the link to the zip! Hopefully, it has everything y'all need to use this stadium.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XrD...ew?usp=sharing

Old 11-25-2018, 01:11 AM   #14
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

I'd like to use this for my newly created PCL expansion team, but cannot seem to find a prk file or stadium pictures?
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:42 AM   #15
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Here's the .prk and Day/Night pics!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xGW...ew?usp=sharing

Old 01-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #16
4maddux_cy's
All Star Starter

When I download this file I do not see a .prk file. Any ideas?
4maddux_cy's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:54 PM   #17
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4maddux_cy's View Post
When I download this file I do not see a .prk file. Any ideas?
The post right above yours has the .prk file in it. I'll see if I can get that link into the OP.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:10 PM   #18
4maddux_cy's
All Star Starter

Thanks and sorry I missed that.

Now for some reason, I have installed it and I get the picture attached but when I load into the 3D model just a generic stadium loads. I am having that issue with a couple other parks too but 90% parks I have installed work fine. So I am not sure what has gone wrong...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by 4maddux_cy's; 01-28-2022 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:58 PM   #19
micropterus58
All Star Starter

The PRK file did not load every needed file. The daytime and night pictures are OK. These are for the 2D pictures. The diagram picture needs to be loaded if it exists and if you need it. What you really need to do is manually load the 3D Model. Right now the default is being used.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 04:56 PM   #20
4maddux_cy's
All Star Starter

I've now done that but the park's colors and stuff look very different.
Attached Images

Last edited by 4maddux_cy's; 01-29-2022 at 05:00 PM.