Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 10-18-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Empty
Minors (Single A)

Detroit Red Wings - Kris Draper Era

On September 17th, 2017, Detroit Red Wings General Manager Ken Holland made a surprise announcement that he has decided to step down as manager of the Detroit Red Wings. Holland has managed the Red Wings team for the past 20 years, winning three Stanley Cups and clinching a playoff spot in all but one season. Red Wings owner Chris Illitch told the media "We're greatly thankful for all that Ken has done for the organization. He was surely one of the greatest managers in the league but we've both mutually agreed that it was time to move on." The team also announced that Assistant General Manager Kris Draper will take the helm as the new General Manager of the organization. Draper spent the majority of his NHL career with the Red Wings and joined the front office immediately after his retirement. In a press conference Draper stated: "It's going to be a tough couple of years as we go through this transitional period. In time there will be some changes but for now we will see where exactly we are at and go from there." Ken Holland's resignation marks the end of an era for the Detroit Red Wings. Time will tell if Draper can bring the team back to glory it once had.

Rules:
- General Manager/Head Coach mode
- Challenge mode is enabled.
- GM firing is off
- No AI exploiting (Trades, waivers, etc)

I went for a fairly balanced attribute setup with a slight bias to forwards.

The Preseason was fairly rough. We went 2-3-2 but did manage to win 7-0 against the Avs in our final game. Our standout players were Henrik Zetterberg 1G8A and Anthony Mantha 2G6A. Martin Frk also impressed with 4 goals. We also have a lot of injured players that won't be back for the start of the season including key players like Tomas Tatar and Niklas Kronwall and Justin Abdelkader.

After only a week in command, GM Draper was able to sort out the Andreas Athanasiou contract situation and get him in Wings jersey before the start of the regular season. His contract is $4 million dollars over 2 years. We should be okay with the salary cap because it should increase with the amount of players we have on IR to start the year.

We didn't have much choice for our opening night roster due to injuries. Mantha played really well with Zetterberg in the preseason so I'm hoping the continue to do so as the regular season gets underway. I'd like to play Larkin at center but I'd also like to try to keep Nielsen in the top 6 throughout the year, so Larkin might be moved back to the wing depending on how the season starts but injuries are a variable.

I plan to make each update span the course of a month, so the next one should be Oct 5-Nov 1. All feedback is welcome. Let me know if the images are appearing properly, I'm pretty new to this.

Last edited by Empty; 10-18-2017 at 03:08 AM.
Empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #2
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Will Draps' be bringing Maltby and McCarty into the fold?
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
RayRayDK
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Running on second year with my Wings-save... Looking forward to follow yours!
Will you rebuild the team?
- I traded heavy contracts for ****ty picks
And some of the d-man for other d-man
RayRayDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:02 PM   #4
Empty
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
Will Draps' be bringing Maltby and McCarty into the fold?

Maltby is currently a scout within the organization. I have him scouting the AHL and watching how my players in Grand Rapids develop. I wish I could bring McCarty in somehow but he isn't in the game as a potential staff member unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRayDK View Post
Running on second year with my Wings-save... Looking forward to follow yours!
Will you rebuild the team?
- I traded heavy contracts for ****ty picks
And some of the d-man for other d-man

The plan is to try to rebuild for the first few seasons and hopefully be a contender in the early-mid 2020's.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #5
Empty
Minors (Single A)

Oct 5, 2017 - Oct 12, 2017

October 5th, 2017

Minnesota Wild (0-0-0) @ Detroit Red Wings (0-0-0)

Opening night at the LCA was pretty rough. We spent the first half of the game scoreless until Chris Stewart broke the tie midway through the 2nd. We were outshot 18-2 in the 2nd period and had 13 penalty minutes throughout the game. Niederreiter would score for Minnesota once more in the 3rd to give the Wild a 2-0 victory. Martin Frk did fight Matt Dumba towards the end of the 3rd period but lost. Our 2nd line of Nyquist-Larkin-Frk was noticeably bad so there will be some changes made before our next game.

October 7th 2017

Detroit Red Wings (0-1-0) @ Ottawa Senators (0-0-1)

I moved Dylan Larkin to the wing and bumped Frans Nielsen up the to the 2nd line. Jimmy Howard is going to start this game in Ottawa.

Game 2 wasn't much better than our first. We started out well in the first 10 minutes but fell apart once Mike Hoffman opened the scoring for the Senators with a powerplay goal. In less than two minutes later Mark Stone would add another goal for the Senators giving them a 2 goal lead going into the 2nd. We were pretty evenly matched throughout the remainder of the game but Mike Hoffman would add another goal in the 2nd period to put the Wild ahead by three. Our offensive has been struggling to get shots and create scoring chances so there will definitely be some big changes coming there.

October 10th 2017

Detroit Red Wings (0-2-0) @ Dallas Stars (0-1-1)

Evegeny Svechnikov is back from an injury sustained during the preseason. He will slot in on the 2nd line with Nielsen and Athanasiou. Larkin has been moved up to the 1st line with Zetterberg and Mantha. Petr Mrazek is back in net for game 3 in Dallas.

In the first period we faced 22 shots from the Dallas stars, 3 of which went in (Benn, Faksa, Honka). Despite playing in our own end the entire period we still managed 6 shots on goal and Luke Witkowski broke ended our two game goal drought with an even strength goal assisted by Luke Glendening and Darren Helm. The Stars would continue to dominate throughout the remainder of the game adding two more goals (Janmark, Honka). Riley Sheahan would score midway through the 3rd but we would only register 16 shots throughout the game. I want to believe that missing Tatar is contributing to our lack of offense but it shouldn't be quite this bad. Are we going to be this year's Avalanche?

October 12th 2017

Detroit Red Wings (0-3-0) @ Arizona Coyotes (2-1-0)

Martin Frk has been scratched for today's game against the Coyotes. David Booth will rejoin the lineup after being scratched for our last game against Ottawa. Petr Mrazek has been playing well so he will get the nod once again. I also adjusted our offensive tactics to try to generate some more scoring chances.

In game 4 we opened up the scoring for the first time this season with a breakaway goal early in the 2nd period by Gustav Nyquist. It was only goaled scored in the game as have our first W of the year. We were definitely out played the Coyotes who outshot us 34-17. Petr Mrazek is the only reason we won that game.

I noticed it back in FHM3 but I feel like when I actually play the games my team always ends up doing terrible shot wise and goal wise, no matter how good we are. It might be because my coaching attributes aren't that great but I think for now on I will just simulate the games.

Last edited by Empty; 10-19-2017 at 12:55 AM.