Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #41
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Can you post the trace file with Windowed/Maximized mode please?

Interesting is that you have small black bars on the top and bottom of the screen, which are not part of FHM. Not sure if they are part of the problem.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #42
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
What screen resolution do you have? Is your screen cut off as well?

As I said earlier: the trace file shows correct values, so it should just work. If I force my monitor to 1280*800 it works. I have no idea what the problem is at this point. It looks to be Macīs with 1280*800 native resolution but I donīt have such monitor to test it here.
2560x1600. the top and sides are fine, losing some of the bottom. On the yellow bar that runs along the bottom of the start screen I can see a very small part of the top portion of the 3 logos in the bottom right corner.
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #43
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
2560x1600. the top and sides are fine, losing some of the bottom. On the yellow bar that runs along the bottom of the start screen I can see a very small part of the top portion of the 3 logos in the bottom right corner.
Did you try to hide the dock bar (bottom) and top bar (top) of your Mac and then start FHM in Windowed Mode and Maximized?

I have no clue why only the Mac Book Pro with 1280*800 does this.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #44
jldante56
Major Leagues

Here you go. . .
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace.txt (7.8 KB, 112 views)
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #45
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Did you try to hide the dock bar (bottom) and top bar (top) of your Mac and then start FHM in Windowed Mode and Maximized?

I have no clue why only the Mac Book Pro with 1280*800 does this.
I did all of that - exactly as you instructed.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:15 AM   #46
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Do the macbooks have to have Retina display for it to work? Mine does not have a retina display.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 06:37 AM   #47
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldante56 View Post
Here you go. . .
Screen Size: 1280 Width, 800 Height; Available Screen Size: 1280 Width, 773 Height, Screen-Size w/o Border: 1280 Width, 751 Height, DPR: 1

The line above is the important one:

"Screen Size: 1280 Width, 800 Height", it shows your resolution (is correct)

"Available Screen Size: 1280 Width, 773 Height", it shows the width/height that is available. It shows that something is still visible on your computer and has a height of 27pixel (I guess it is the top bar).

"Screen-Size w/o Border: 1280 Width, 751 Height", the 751 shows, that counting the borders of the window (in total 22 pixels) it is now not enough space for the game (so it switches to fullscreen). If you remove all bars from the screen (top bar and the dock), it should have enough space to work in Maximized Window mode (800 - 22 = 778 pixel, 768 are needed).

(I only have a German OSX so I donīt know the exact names)

Go to Settings -> General and check "Menubar automatically show/not show" (wording will be different).
Old 10-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #48
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Quote:
Screen Size: 1280 Width, 800 Height; Available Screen Size: 1280 Width, 773 Height, Screen-Size w/o Border: 1280 Width, 751 Height, DPR: 1

The line above is the important one:

"Screen Size: 1280 Width, 800 Height", it shows your resolution (is correct)

"Available Screen Size: 1280 Width, 773 Height", it shows the width/height that is available. It shows that something is still visible on your computer and has a height of 27pixel (I guess it is the top bar).

"Screen-Size w/o Border: 1280 Width, 751 Height", the 751 shows, that counting the borders of the window (in total 22 pixels) it is now not enough space for the game (so it switches to fullscreen). If you remove all bars from the screen (top bar and the dock), it should have enough space to work in Maximized Window mode (800 - 22 = 778 pixel, 768 are needed).

(I only have a German OSX so I donīt know the exact names)

Go to Settings -> General and check "Menubar automatically show/not show" (wording will be different).
Menubar automatically hide and show the Dock. I have always had that option checked. Doesn't make a difference.

The game starts and the top bar disappears when the game starts (making it fullscreen), the application dock is hidden and the image is still cut-off at the bottom. Never had a problem with FHM3.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #49
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFyvie View Post
Menubar automatically hide and show the Dock. I have always had that option checked. Doesn't make a difference.

The game starts and the top bar disappears when the game starts (making it fullscreen), the application dock is hidden and the image is still cut-off at the bottom. Never had a problem with FHM3.
I tried to offer a workaround but from your text above you did not try it:

Please hide both the dock bar and top bar (so there is nothing on your screen) and start FHM 4 in Window mode and Maximized. Post a trace file if you think you did and it did not work.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #50
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Quote:
I tried to offer a workaround but from your text above you did not try it:

Please hide both the dock bar and top bar (so there is nothing on your screen) and start FHM 4 in Window mode and Maximized. Post a trace file if you think you did and it did not work.
Your work around is to hide the menu bar and dock and start FHM4 in windowed mode and maximized. Am I right? I am telling you that I have done that and have done that from the start. It worked with FHM3. In FHM3 my settings were Windowed 1280*768. In FHM4 my settings are Windowed 1280*768. There is no dock visible and FHM4 starts in a window, which then becomes a full screen at start up

Top mac bar only becomes visible when you run your cursor to the top of the screen. . There is a narrow black border around the image of the menu screen which may not present when you start FHM3. Here again is the trace file for FHM4 fhm4_trace.txt
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 10-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #51
jldante56
Major Leagues

Same for me - exactly the same.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:45 PM   #52
jldante56
Major Leagues

It looks like version 4.1.40 has resolved this issue. At least it has for me as I now see the full screen.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2017, 02:55 AM   #53
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Still not working for me. It's f*king infuriating. I've even re-started my laptop and re-installed the patch and nothing. I would love to get this black border off the screen so that on the roster page I can see the critical info at the bottom of the screen. I still haven't really played this yet.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm4_trace.txt (7.7 KB, 104 views)
Old 10-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #54
jldante56
Major Leagues

I spoke to soon. . .it hasn't worked since. I haven't changed any settings. Don't have a clue. . .
Old 10-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #55
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Update 4.2.46 - still the same issue. Still not fixed.
Old 11-05-2017, 07:11 AM   #56
DFyvie
Major Leagues

Any progress on this?
Old 06-06-2018, 02:07 PM   #57
Najtrebor
Bat Boy

Still issues with Displays (Mac)

Hi,
I'm new to FHM, just bought it this week, and am running in the same screen issues described in the thread. The bottom section (yellow area) of the main screen is not visible, not matter what I try in my settings.

My only resolve so far is to hook it up to my tv, where I can see the whole screen in the top left corner, but it only uses about 60% of my screen, rather than filling the screen. Again changing settings has no effect at all.

I must say I am a little disappointed, as the issue that has been known for a number of months has not been addressed but basically prevents me from playing, as some screens have the ok button at the bottom, outside of my screen.

Hooking up to my tv is not a permanent solution, as I don't want to stand in front of my tv for hours at a time (and I'd probably get into trouble with my kids).

Can you please inform if someone is at least looking into this issue?

Cheers,
RJ
Najtrebor is offline   Reply With Quote