Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #1
Coriola
Bat Boy

League Changing Stuff

Hey guys, brand new to this forum as well to the game, and I'm loving it so far. I am in the 2023 season of my first save game, and I've encountered a few problems. The league has relocated a team as well as changed a rule. (now arbitration and free agency have both been moved back one year). I manually moved back the team (no biggie) but I want to know how to disable relocation of CPU teams. Also, I have searched but cannot find how to change back the arb/FA setting and also how to disable the CPU changing rules such as those.

Thanks in advance!
Coriola
Coriola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
That's because under league settings you have to league evolution turned on. that will change things and will relocate teams they will even expand your league you have to turn it off

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #3
Coriola
Bat Boy

Alright I figured out how to disable that stuff but I still can't figure out how to revert the ARB/FA setting to default.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #4
Coriola
Bat Boy

haha justf figured that out! any idea how to change back the arb setting?
Old 02-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #5
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...evolution.html

Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #6
Coriola
Bat Boy

No I figured that part out. My current question is how to fix a rule that the CPU changed while that setting was on
Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coriola View Post
Alright I figured out how to disable that stuff but I still can't figure out how to revert the ARB/FA setting to default.
You can edit the ARB/FA back to default from the financials menu.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:40 PM   #8
Coriola
Bat Boy

Thank you very much!
Old 02-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #9
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

u are flying through the seams it seems. when i picked ootp back up, the first season took me days if not weeks to go through
Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #10
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

And this is why league evolution should be off by default.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:02 AM   #11
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I agree 100%. So many new users have their first go round with a league/game disrupted if not ruined by this feature. I like the feature, I just don't think it should on by default. It blindsides way too many folks that are new to OOTP.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:22 AM   #12
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then what happens for the Noob that is expecting league expansion and does not get it after 100 seasons and stops playing because he thinks the game is unrealistic?

League evolution should be added to the league setup steps. Let the user know what each does then let him decide what to keep on or off.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:31 AM   #13
JMDurron
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Then what happens for the Noob that is expecting league expansion and does not get it after 100 seasons and stops playing because he thinks the game is unrealistic?

League evolution should be added to the league setup steps. Let the user know what each does then let him decide what to keep on or off.
There's a downside to each scenario, but one seems to me to be more likely to be disruptive to a larger number of users. I'd advocate for the default setting being "off" as well for that reason.

Your league setup solution is also a good idea.
JMDurron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #14
Texasborn
Major Leagues

Lucky we have this forum
Texasborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #15
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Great idea.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #16
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This - it shouldn't be on or off by default. It should be part of your league setup, a decision you have to make when creating your league.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 AM   #17
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is the best solution actually even though there's probably more people who hate league evolution than like it just to cover all bases the player should be given the option right off the bat to choose it or not. Are you were when I first bought my game which was 13 I spend weeks looking to the forum figuring out how to add uniforms then I spent time outline my league which teams will be added what years I will expand it took a lot of time and effort and then when the leak start changing things and it sounded pissed me off I didn't know what was going on

Old 02-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #18
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Wonder when Dynamic League Evolution is going to get some love? Been rather a stagnant feature since being added to the game. I still say it would be cool if we could provide some form of outline the game would use when it comes to expansion/moving teams. If I'm playing a fictional Gulf Coast League, expansion to Brooklyn isn't going to fly. Nor, do I want teams in Houston or Dallas if I'm using smaller cities like Shreveport, Birmingham, Beaumont etc. Would love the option to list cities the game would choose from. Another thing I would love is, if I could set it up so when expansion does occur it does so in a manner I'm prepared for. By this I mean, a way that there is a schedule in game available.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #19
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Wonder when Dynamic League Evolution is going to get some love? Been rather a stagnant feature since being added to the game. I still say it would be cool if we could provide some form of outline the game would use when it comes to expansion/moving teams. If I'm playing a fictional Gulf Coast League, expansion to Brooklyn isn't going to fly. Nor, do I want teams in Houston or Dallas if I'm using smaller cities like Shreveport, Birmingham, Beaumont etc. Would love the option to list cities the game would choose from. Another thing I would love is, if I could set it up so when expansion does occur it does so in a manner I'm prepared for. By this I mean, a way that there is a schedule in game available.

Agreed - I know several times it's been requested that any evolution change occurring, there should be an email to the Commish (human player) outlining the proposed change and more importantly, requiring an OK from the Commish to proceed.

It could also include options where applicable.

For example - League evolution decides to expand. The process must be run by Commish and he makes the decisions when, where, etc.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:37 PM   #20
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Except if you're playing historical. Agree 1000% for other league setups, but historical players are gonna probably want it on so that leagues unfold as they did. I don't think historical users make up anything close to the majority of OOTPers, so then again maybe it should be turned off. Hmm...
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote