Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

View Poll Results: Would you use the historical exhibition game feature?
Yes, great idea, I'd use it! 115 57.21%
Nope, waste of time, improve the damned trade AI instead. 86 42.79%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2016, 11:13 PM   #61
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
You know what I want in a exhibition game remember back when the MLB All-Stars played again the Japan All-Stars? If you have multiple leagues being able to have an all-stat team from one league face all-stars from another league.

Chargers= Despicable Traitors

Last edited by Padreman; 01-30-2016 at 02:31 AM.
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #62
T.J. Lauerman
Baseball Community Manager

This would come in super handy for the OOTP Streams, Wednesday nights at 9pm ET on Twitch.

Out of the Park Baseball 25 is available to pre-order at our Webstore or you can add it to your Steam Wishlist.

OOTP Baseball Go 24 is available on the Google Play, and the iOS App Store.

Follow us on X / Instagram / Facebook / Twitch / YouTube.

Check out the video archives of my Acuña Matata Braves, ShoTime Angels, Redbirds Rising Cardinals and Chicago Hope White Sox franchises.
T.J. Lauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #63
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
I also agree that an option to play a 7-game series from the start screen would be fun as well.
I have no opinion on the feature one way or the other, but if it is to be included, the above would make it much more interesting.

Allow the exhibition to be set up as a best-of-7 series. This would harken back to the old days when some of the major league clubs would play "city series" after the conclusion of the regular season (the Cubs and White Sox played post-regular season city series for many years).
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:55 AM   #64
Bowtie
All Star Starter

I voted YES. I think it's a terrific idea! 1982 World Series Champs Cardinals vs. Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig and the Yanks....

Can't wait to see the outcome of that game

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:32 AM   #65
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
I also play historical, but I just wouldn't use a feature to let me do a one-off exhibition game (or even a series) between two historical teams. I prefer to focus on games that count and the long haul. I might do a "best of each kind of team for a season" type league, but that's completely different from the proposed feature. That's just how I happen to be wired, no value judgments are being made or implied here.

I only added that to object to the assertion that people who play historical would therefore use this. I personally play historical and wouldn't use it, because it would take my time away from the games that "count" in whatever historical universe I have set up for myself.
We already have the All Time Great quickstart for this purpose
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 05:33 AM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I have no opinion on the feature one way or the other, but if it is to be included, the above would make it much more interesting.

Allow the exhibition to be set up as a best-of-7 series. This would harken back to the old days when some of the major league clubs would play "city series" after the conclusion of the regular season (the Cubs and White Sox played post-regular season city series for many years).
I agree, being able to play series would be really great. But more work as well
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #67
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

I wish there was a third option because this would not be a waste of time obviously. But no, this is not a feature I'd use. I play fictional leagues over years of game time. The one I am playing now started in OOTP14 in game year 1890 and is now in 1972. I love how the leagues, teams, storylines have evolved. That is the beauty of this game IMO. I'd rather see enhancements to those strengths.

But a lot of folks play historical sim and this idea is a natural extension of that. So it would not be a waste of time or effort. Especially since, as someone already pointed out, it would appeal to a casual gamer.

You and your team have not made any bad decisions yet Markus. You are not making one here.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:00 AM   #68
The Game
Hall Of Famer

If possible would like to play an exhibition All Star game. Even if it was just selecting the year and you select the players or players from the ASG from that season. Ultimately i would like to be able to select 25-30 players per team from any year. 1927 ruth, 2015 Trout, etc.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #69
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padreman View Post
People been talking about this for years so yes.

On a sidenote I wonder who the five trolls are that voted "no"
I voted NO.. I would never, ever use this feature. Guess I'm a troll...

So many other things that time could be spent on like AI, 2D enhancement, AI, interface upgrades, AI, coaching staff improvements, oh did I mention, AI?

The game as a whole needs a higher difficulty for SP.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #70
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm pretty sure AI improvements are made across the board for each new version. That said, I'm surprised at the level of interest in this feature. I think it's an excellent idea, esp. if it can include World Series replays.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #71
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

It's a good idea for a lot of gamers.... but I personally wouldn't use it... I only play fictional leagues.

If it improves the finances, then do it... I'm totally for you to make a lot more money.

But for me, I would prefer that you use the time to fix major problems in the game.

Improve the PBP and make it more realistic sounding... it is still pretty clutsy on extra base hits with men on base.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:23 PM   #72
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
In my opinion, it's very much worth your effort.
Well, if you are going to ask the question this way (was the poll added after the fact or did I miss it last time?), my vote is as follows. Not that I am necessarily complaining about the trade AI, but your question implies "taking away from other time and resources to provide historical exhibitions." In that case, no.
Attached Images

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 01-30-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #73
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

I'd never ever ever ever ever ever use it, but it seems like it'd be easy to implement and, judging from my forums lurking, would be up a lot of people's streets.
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:07 PM   #74
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I voted no as well. I feel the future of OOTP is based on how well it performs for fictional modern day leagues, rather than historical. That is not to say there aren't those who enjoy historical play, and while i realize this, I just feel with the limited resources OOTPD has, those efforts are best spent on other areas of the simulation.
I deleted my response to your post earlier. Basically, I tried for humor, but after I read it, I came off as a jackass and you didn't deserve that. Hoping, I'm the only one to have read it.

Here is what I hope is a better thought out response. I agree that the future of this game is in modern fictional simulation. That and the ongoing MLB quickstart improvements will clearly drive this game into the future. The sky is the limit for what this game might become. But, I hope beyond hope that Markus never ever decides to turn his back on historical. I simply don't think enough people realize just how incredible the historical side of this game has become. Recalc is nothing short of genius. Recalc combined with the OOTP development engine, well it's just too cool to put into words. VanillaGorilla and Action Jackson will back me up on this. A little improvement each version and I think Markus will get more and more of the Diamond Mind/Strat crowd to come to the OOTP side.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #75
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I'm pretty sure AI improvements are made across the board for each new version.
Well of course they are.. but how about a "deep dive" this year? I'm also wondering if 2d/3d has been improved, maybe some kind of player movement on the field?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:30 PM   #76
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
But, I hope beyond hope that Markus never ever decides to turn his back on historical. I simply don't think enough people realize just how incredible the historical side of this game has become. Recalc is nothing short of genius. Recalc combined with the OOTP development engine, well it's just too cool to put into words. VanillaGorilla and Action Jackson will back me up on this. A little improvement each version and I think Markus will get more and more of the Diamond Mind/Strat crowd to come to the OOTP side.
Markus is definitely not turning his back on historical, au contraire! Can't say much yet but if all goes well you'll see why I say that soon enough

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-30-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #77
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
Markus is definitely not turning his back on historical! Can't say much yet but if all goes well you'll see why I say that soon enough
Last year it was mentioned that historical uniforms might make it in. I may need some form of sedation to contain myself if they are.......or at least make the announcement when I'm at home alone...my coworkers already think I'm nuts.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #78
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Well of course they are.. but how about a "deep dive" this year? I'm also wondering if 2d/3d has been improved, maybe some kind of player movement on the field?
I agree. An AI deep-dive is the most-pressing need at the moment I'd say.

As far as 3D, I don't use it. I use webcast because I like a different stadium image for each venue. Basically, 3D has zero value to me.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #79
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I don't think Markus or Matt are involved in the 3D work. Someone else is assigned that part of the game.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 03:47 PM   #80
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
I wouldn't use it, so even though I can see why others would want to use it, I voted no. I'd prefer to have the marginal time needed to make this mode operate spent elsewhere, on things I do notice and would use.

It seems to me like there are more "make it this instead!" or "Oooh, that's part way to this thing!" responses than "yes, I would use precisely that feature as designed!"

Personally, time being finite, I'd rather add a "Best Result - " item added to all of the Achievements, instead of just "First Time" and "Last Time", if we are talking about small things that would be nice to have. Or, have hitting streaks for players that are in the Top 3 for that league year still display on the leaderboard, even if that player has a longer career streak in their player history.
Click on hitting streaks and it will sort for you the longest streak!!

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote