Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

League Evolution in Historical Leagues

Hey guys, quick question, because I cannot for the life of me figure out if this is possible or not.

We all know you can set up league evolution on fictional leagues or leagues that start in 2015 and as you move through the future things happen randomly, expansion, relocation etc.

We also know that if you were to play a historical game, if options left at default, the game would move throughout the eras just like real life and do relocation and expansion etc as it occurred.

However, the problem I am having is that as my historical simulation moves past present day, I am not seeing the league evolution options. I've done this on both OOTP 15 and 16 now, simming from 1901 past 2015/2016 and currently have a sim in 2046....and there are no league evolution options anywhere. Everything is what it was back in 2015, no re-alignment or expansion or new rules or anything, and in my eyes nowhere in the options does it exist. If it does exist, it is not in the same spot as it is in for those fictional/future leagues that start with present day and move forward.

Any help would be most appreciated.
SFSUGatorAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

I believe (not 100%) since you started as an historical league, only historical evolution will happen. Once you reached the end of history in OOTP, 2015, there is no more historical evolution to happen.

Even though your league is full of fictional players now, it's still an "historical" league as far as OOTP is concernced.

Hope this helps
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

League evolution isn't available for leagues created as historical leagues. One thing you could do, is to create a fictional league that mirrors your historical setup exactly. Fast sim your fictional league alongside your realhistorical setup and when OOTP evolution changes occur for the fictional league, manually make those changes for your real setup.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Awww, I figured this was the case, kinda lame but whatever.

I like that idea of setting up a dummy league and manually making changes, something to think about, however...

Is there a more organic way to do it? Like say, exporting all rosters/player stats/history etc and importing them into a new fictional league and have it evolve that way?

Last edited by SFSUGatorAlum; 01-25-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:56 AM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Before trying this make a backup.

Make a fictional MLB. Delete all players, coaches & players. Move all MLB teams into the fictional league thru Edit League Structure. This will keep the history of each team. this will give you the evolution you want.

Whats wrong with just making manual changes every so often? I expanded MLB by 2 teams in 2020 and will expand by 4 more teams in 2028. I moved MLB into a 2 division format and migth go with a 4 division format in 2028.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Before trying this make a backup.

Make a fictional MLB. Delete all players, coaches & players. Move all MLB teams into the fictional league thru Edit League Structure. This will keep the history of each team. this will give you the evolution you want.

Whats wrong with just making manual changes every so often? I expanded MLB by 2 teams in 2020 and will expand by 4 more teams in 2028. I moved MLB into a 2 division format and migth go with a 4 division format in 2028.
Off topic a bit sorry, but how many WC's do you have making the playoffs?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:40 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Off topic a bit sorry, but how many WC's do you have making the playoffs?
4. Division winners get a 1st rd bye. WC's play a one game playoff. It was supposed be top 2 teams regardless of division get the 1st rd bye but i can't seem to set it up properly.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

That's a great idea to keep the history, I'll definitely give it a shot.

As for the manual changes, I like the randomness aspect. I know I can expand the league and alter divisions rather easily, but its all the other randomness I liked. Is the mound getting lowered, are they adding the DH, even the inexplicable roster and CBA changes like arbitration years or a lower roster limit seem interesting to me. I just don't think I can tinker with that enough for it to be realistic, especially now that the DH talks are pretty much off the table for 2017 and there haven't been roster limit changes in sometime aside from the 26 on double header days.

But will definitely use your suggestions, thanks!
Old 01-30-2016, 10:59 AM   #9
SFSUGatorAlum
Minors (Single A)

Just did a test sim, and actually the option becomes available during the pre-season of the "caught up" year. (2014 for OOTP15 and 2015 for OOTP16, I imagine it'll be 2016 for OOTP17 once I import the file after the release date) I had missed it when doing my long term sims as I never checked the options screen. So this issue is solved.