Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Have you ever been fired before?

I got released by my Tigers after Ilitches son cut my budget basically in half and wanted so much, my question is have you ever been fired from your GM or manager position and why?
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

yeah, but I totaled a company car so I probably deserved it

oh, you probably meant in ootp, I edit myself as owner/gm & manager so I can't fire myself

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #3
Hammercraft
All Star Reserve

I haven't been fired yet, but if the owner puts me in a position to fail, I bail.
Hammercraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #4
LunchBox
Minors (Triple A)

I'm GM of an expansion franchise that I put in Portland, set them up to be owned by Nike, more specifically Nike CEO Phil Knight, after a couple of years of sub-par baseball, expected by me and ownership, Phil dies, I set it up for his son Travis to take over as owner of the team, however he's not really much of a part of the Nike business, (well IRL anyway), so he gets mad at the job I'm doing as the GM of a 3rd year expansion franchise. Instead of firing me, he slashes my budget from $140M to $60M, so i trade away all high priced talent, have a mediocre year (not surprisingly), decides he sees greener pastures in San Antonio, moves the team, retains me as GM, ups my budget to $70M, and gives me a large infusion of cash (something like $120M in cash on hand), I had the lowest payroll of all 32 teams and was the National League champions and lost the World Series in 5 games to the other expansion team that my friend runs in New Orleans (with a much larger budget)...

I guess what I'm trying to say is just because your owner gives you crazy goals and slashes your budget, doesn't mean that great things can't happen
LunchBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #5
Marsupilami
Major Leagues

no
Marsupilami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #6
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Many times. But the first time was back in OOTP10. I was managing the Casper Ghosts of the of the Pioneer League for two terrible seasons. I received a message from the Rockies GM that said, and I quote "you can be anything you want to be, but you can't be the manager of the Casper Ghosts. You're fired"

Getting fired from a rookie league gig. That was an inauspicious beginning to that career.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:51 PM   #7
TuckerDuckson
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunchBox View Post
I'm GM of an expansion franchise that I put in Portland, set them up to be owned by Nike, more specifically Nike CEO Phil Knight, after a couple of years of sub-par baseball, expected by me and ownership, Phil dies, I set it up for his son Travis to take over as owner of the team, however he's not really much of a part of the Nike business, (well IRL anyway), so he gets mad at the job I'm doing as the GM of a 3rd year expansion franchise. Instead of firing me, he slashes my budget from $140M to $60M, so i trade away all high priced talent, have a mediocre year (not surprisingly), decides he sees greener pastures in San Antonio, moves the team, retains me as GM, ups my budget to $70M, and gives me a large infusion of cash (something like $120M in cash on hand), I had the lowest payroll of all 32 teams and was the National League champions and lost the World Series in 5 games to the other expansion team that my friend runs in New Orleans (with a much larger budget)...

I guess what I'm trying to say is just because your owner gives you crazy goals and slashes your budget, doesn't mean that great things can't happen
Well in my case, Mike Illich died, and his son, José Illich for some reason, took over and wanted my best player gone due to chemistry issues. He also wanted an upgrade at 2B and a lower runs against.

Also I went from a Charitable and tolerant owner to a Penny Pincher and Demanding owner, so José cut my budget by like 70 mill, 178 mill to 108 mill
I couldn't find a trade partner to dump Miguel (the chemistry problem), Jose
Didn't like Tyler Malone, the Rookie 2B man who won ROY, was an All star and won a silver slugger and a Gold Glove, I couldn't raise attendance due do not winning, and my pitchers got hammered due to not enough cash to sign good ones in FA.

At the end of this terrible season I got the message, you have been released by the Tigers.
Basically I felt like Dan Jennings of the Marlins.
And that's how I got fired due to owner wanting to much and not giving me enough to do it.
TuckerDuckson is offline   Reply With Quote