Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

Maximum Cash resetting every year, as are Stadiums

I started a historical league in 1980 with a Cash maximum of 200m. In 1981, for some reason I saw that the cash max had been bumped down to 2.8m. I moved it back up to 200m, then I simmed ahead to next year just to check, and it changed my Cash Maximum to 2.9m from 200m. It also increases the cost of players and raises tickets prices. The later is good, but the former is a pain. How can I make it not mess with my Cash Maximum and still change the other settings?

I'm also having the same problem with changing stadiums. I edited my stadium to make it more home run friendly, and a bit bigger. At the start of the next season, everything has been reset.
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #2
Andy
Hall Of Famer

I don't play historical, so I'm just guessing here. Do you have the finanical coeffecient set in the league setup? This will adjust finances each year so you don't have guys making $20 million in 1915. I would imagine there is also similar for park factors, where they adjust each year. You need to have these boxes unchecked if you want your own settings there.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

With recalc and financial coefficient set to change every year, you will need to keep these unchecked as Andy said or edit the root files yourself.

Edit - And welcome to the OOTP forums, mal.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
malichai11
Minors (Triple A)

So no way around it? No files I can go in and manually edit to keep the financial thing doing it's thing every year, save for messing with Max cash?
malichai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malichai11 View Post
So no way around it? No files I can go in and manually edit to keep the financial thing doing it's thing every year, save for messing with Max cash?
OOTP folders > database > financials.txt

Make sure to back it up beforehand. You can edit the cash max there.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Lightbulb

malichai11, I suggest this thread.

A couple of vets plus some n00bs have been thrashing out a way to compensate for general financials.txt strangeosity. We've tried everything, including sacrificing a live chicken. The latest solution is post #67 by Spritze. It contains a downloadable financials.txt file, which I suggest downloading and sticking in Program Files. After that:

1) Copy the financials.txt that's in your database folder to your OOTP 10 Baseball folder.
2) Rename it original financials.txt or some such name that reminds you that that is the original financials should you wish to go back to them (I can't see why you would frankly).
3) Copy Spritze's financials.txt from Program Files to the database folder. Your computer will freak out and ask you if you really want to replace that file. Obviously you do.
4) Rename the financials.txt file in Program Files to 19 X financials.txt or Spritze's financials.txt, so that that one is also available to you should you ever need to uninstall/reinstall the game and you forget to rescue it from the database before pushing the button of no return.

Spritze basically took max cash for every season and multiplied by 19 (don't ask me why) and took it all the way out to the year 2109 to help the fictional players. Apparently according to the crew there that have tested the heck out of it, it works, so until there's a solution or a better workaround, that could be a viable work-around.

Last edited by actionjackson; 06-12-2009 at 04:30 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote