Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 10-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #121
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
Although I, too, have been critical of certain features in this game, I have to defend the OOTP team in this case. I spent half of my career programming and one simply can't understand the frustration that occurs when you head down one road and find out that won't work unless you totally rewrite something you already spent a month on. Add to that ideas you get along the way and your team, over coffee, saying things like "what if..." and that 3 month project suddenly turns into 6 months.

To the Dev team, I'll say "most" of us are appreciative of your effort. Even when I disagree with design, I understand that "I'm" not the one showing up every morning living with all the frustrations. Good Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
It's been hard to wait for the Tournaments, but I also have to step back and put things into perspective. The PT mode may still be young and has room to grow, but the sims happen every half-hour like clockwork, I don't think there has every been a significant outage of the PT server and I can't remember the last time my game crashed. Also, when Missions were added to the game it seems things went well and in fact I'm not aware of any real bug regarding the missions. If it takes longer to get the Tournament mode but we hit the same quality marks as we're used to, then really it was okay to wait.

agreed on both.... I just look at the delay of tourneys as an opportunity to train up more players for a more flexible squad.... and while I would have liked to have seen the mobile app ready and released by now, as I'll be travelling the next 2 weeks and would have liked the option to pop in and check on things; I'd still rather they get things right before it's pushed out... so if it means waiting longer than anticipated, so be it...

there's a reason some of us long-timers here have been around since version 1 or 2
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #122
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
It's been hard to wait for the Tournaments, but I also have to step back and put things into perspective. The PT mode may still be young and has room to grow, but the sims happen every half-hour like clockwork, I don't think there has ever been a significant outage of the PT server and I can't remember the last time my game crashed. Also, when Missions were added to the game it seems things went well and in fact I'm not aware of any real bug regarding the missions. If it takes longer to get the Tournament mode but we hit the same quality marks as we're used to, then really it was okay to wait.
Yes, I think Perfect Team runs extremely stable, and considering the size of our team, that very fact is pretty amazing. Doing an always-online multiplayer universe like PT is extremely complicated and there are a million things that can go wrong, just look at those billion Dollar companies who have frequent issues. So, I am extremely proud of our development and community management team.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 10-11-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:35 PM   #123
natedawgdude3
Bat Boy

I think everyone is forgetting how small of a development team this is and how much work they put into each feature of the game. Everyone was blown away by how many collection missions there were and I suspect tournaments are 100 times more complicated. While I think everyone’s complaints are about missing the promised speculated date, I would agree with that gripe completely. All we are asking are for more realistic release dates for extra features instead of jumping the gun. Again, I can’t wait for tournaments to be released but I want them done right and this team has a great track record for that.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:01 PM   #124
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
agreed on both.... I just look at the delay of tourneys as an opportunity to train up more players for a more flexible squad.... and while I would have liked to have seen the mobile app ready and released by now, as I'll be travelling the next 2 weeks and would have liked the option to pop in and check on things; I'd still rather they get things right before it's pushed out... so if it means waiting longer than anticipated, so be it...

there's a reason some of us long-timers here have been around since version 1 or 2
you do realize all the cards you have in OOTP20 will not carry over to OOTP21 right?
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:33 AM   #125
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtersFTW View Post
you do realize all the cards you have in OOTP20 will not carry over to OOTP21 right?

Yes... As v19 didn’t carry over to v20... not my first rodeo around these parts. Still doesn’t change my original statement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #126
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Little update, we're making very good progress and should be able to start our own internal beta testing in a few days if nothing unforseen happens
Old 10-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #127
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Yes... As v19 didn’t carry over to v20... not my first rodeo around these parts. Still doesn’t change my original statement

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well...grats on leveling a bunch of players for nothing...for a game youll be playing by yourself soon.
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:11 PM   #128
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Little update, we're making very good progress and should be able to start our own internal beta testing in a few days if nothing unforseen happens
Good news, thank you.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:52 PM   #129
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Update: Company internal beta testing starts today, woohoo! If this goes well over the weekend, I will post a big update on the timeline on Monday, Oct 28.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 10-25-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:46 PM   #130
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Update: Company internal beta testing starts today, woohoo! If this goes well over the weekend, I will post a big update on the timeline on Monday, Oct 28.

Kind of ironic and cool that internal testing is happening while we're in the throes of the real World Series, isn't it?

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #131
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Kind of ironic and cool that internal testing is happening while we're in the throes of the real World Series, isn't it?
Considering all of the random distractions plaguing baseball at this moment in time, this type of distraction is a breath of fresh air.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #132
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Considering all of the random distractions plaguing baseball at this moment in time, this type of distraction is a breath of fresh air.
amen:-)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:58 PM   #133
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Ummmmm......never mind. In Markus's defense, he didnt say what year.
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 10:26 PM   #134
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateAverageGuy View Post
Ummmmm......never mind. In Markus's defense, he didnt say what year.
Or it didn't go well over the weekend.

Or, he's a busy person and they're working on tournaments. Not too often do you find devs from game companies interacting with the community on the forums.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:02 AM   #135
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Or the update is so big that it is still being written on this Tuesday!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #136
MarkGracesSlumpBuster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Missing a deadline? How uncharacteristic.
MarkGracesSlumpBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:36 AM   #137
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGracesSlumpBuster View Post
Missing a deadline? How uncharacteristic.
No, just too busy working on tournaments.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:55 AM   #138
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Here you go guys:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307834