Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:14 AM   #1
acclaim99
Major Leagues

What to do with Bob Gibson?

Currently going for 21-25k. I could use the pp. Quick recap of team:

Rotation : Morton, Kershaw, Gibson, Buehler, Price
Pen: KWood, Paxton, DRobertson, Halladay (I just noticed he isn't in my rotation, my fav pitcher all time too RipDoc), Betances, Wilcy Moore, Chapman

Lineup:
C- 88 Piazza, Realmuto
1B Alonso, Banks
2B Gleyber, Ohtani (lol)
3b- Vlad Jr, ohtani (lol again. Just sold my backup story cause he sucked)
Ss - Correa, banks
Lf- altuve, elroy
Cf- se Dykstra, elroy
Rf- Harper, ohtani
Dh- jd Martinez, ohtani

So. If I sell Gibson, I can move Halladay to rotation...
What should I upgrade with the 20k

Or is Gibson worth keeping?

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:34 AM   #2
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Sell and buy an infield backup....

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:08 AM   #3
acclaim99
Major Leagues

I feel the 20k should be used for a starter and have the current starter move to back up. You don't get rid of a card like Gibson for a back up.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
How is Gibson in 20? I had him in PT19 and he was unplayable. Even his peak gold card. He had good stuff but so does every live pitcher and most half decent historical cards. He would walk and give up too many HR even for Silver leagues and so he sits on my reserve roster.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
How is Gibson in 20? I had him in PT19 and he was unplayable. Even his peak gold card. He had good stuff but so does every live pitcher and most half decent historical cards. He would walk and give up too many HR even for Silver leagues and so he sits on my reserve roster.

Once again people....rating don't matter....It's a crao shoot...Just play, play, play, play until you find something that resembes what that player should be capable of. I find live cards are basically junk. I don't understand how & why a play is developed. Why are some cards just worhless no matter what league you play in. Why Lou Gehrig one year can hit 36 HR, then next year remaining in a Silver League he goes cold after 4 games and can't get him off cold & on field after 2nd month of season. Lou Gehrig for Christ sakes. Something needs to be done across the board on this cold thing. Pitcher has 3 bad starts...He's done....If I pay money for a card & I can never get him on field sucks. I've had big interest lost this week & that's with 1 team 13 games over .500 1 near .500 & the other 13-40 & if I'd show my pitchers & lineup & it's impossible for that record
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:56 AM   #6
Charlatan
All Star Starter

In this thread: people asked what to do with Bob Gibson and answering by ranting about live cards.

As for what to do with Bob, perhaps you should indicate which of the 4 Bob Gibson cards you're referring to.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Once again people....rating don't matter....It's a crao shoot...Just play, play, play, play until you find something that resembes what that player should be capable of. I find live cards are basically junk. I don't understand how & why a play is developed. Why are some cards just worhless no matter what league you play in. Why Lou Gehrig one year can hit 36 HR, then next year remaining in a Silver League he goes cold after 4 games and can't get him off cold & on field after 2nd month of season. Lou Gehrig for Christ sakes. Something needs to be done across the board on this cold thing. Pitcher has 3 bad starts...He's done....If I pay money for a card & I can never get him on field sucks. I've had big interest lost this week & that's with 1 team 13 games over .500 1 near .500 & the other 13-40 & if I'd show my pitchers & lineup & it's impossible for that record
spoken like someone who has zero understanding of how the game works
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:11 AM   #8
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Snarky biting at each other doesn't help anyone, least of all the OP.

Regading the upgrade...I'd ditch Correa and get someone who can field the position, say an Ozzie or Little Louie...or a Ripken if you can afford him. Correa's bat is not better enough to warrant his existence in my humble opinion.

I'm going to sit back and chow popcorn now as Houston fans bombard me with, "How DARE you?"'s...enjoy your day.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:31 PM   #9
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

I have a 69 Gibson and he rocks.Won 20 twice for me and dominated in the WS.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote