Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
neugey
All Star Reserve

Multiple perfect games

My 91 Roger Clemens now has 2 Perfect Games in a five year window. This is on my F2P College World Series theme team, which I'm really glad I started up.

Anyone else boast a starting pitcher so far with multiple Perfecto's on his stat table?
Attached Images

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
ScudDawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
My 91 Roger Clemens now has 2 Perfect Games in a five year window. This is on my F2P College World Series theme team, which I'm really glad I started up.

Anyone else boast a starting pitcher so far with multiple Perfecto's on his stat table?
wow, that's pretty great and with a 91.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:20 PM   #3
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:

A 91 is a very very good number if you're not in perfects, though...

Then again 2 perfect games in 5 seasons is...unheard of I believe...you gotta up that reward to at least throwing fire level...I believe there have only been about 14-17 in 125 seasons of Major League Baseball. Yes, that's it!

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #4
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Correct me if I'm wrong but everything above a 75 performs quite well in sim mode...

I'm kinda impressed with the teams that win 115+ consistently but kind of wonder about …..like someone said before "money only gets you out of trouble in real life." and the whole 1% thing that's been demonstrated....any of you in the 1%?

Old 07-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #5
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:

I meant to say WOW not Thanks.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:31 PM   #6
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I just found another user pitched 2 perfect games with Waite Hoyt. Heck of a pitcher. Nobody'd ever informed me of him.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
A 91 is a very very good number if you're not in perfects, though...

Then again 2 perfect games in 5 seasons is...unheard of I believe...you gotta up that reward to at least throwing fire level...I believe there have only been about 14-17 in 125 seasons of Major League Baseball. Yes, that's it!
I have six teams and plenty of 85-90+ pitchers and none of them give me a Perfection in Gold and below.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:40 AM   #8
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah, perfection is 27 outs in a row.

There have been more than 10x as many no-hitters...(usually you walk a few, error, even let up a run, even when you manage to get 27 outs without giving up a hit)
Old 07-23-2019, 02:50 AM   #9
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Actually I sort of had a plan going into it and ending up that plan was a crew of pitchers that were overall 95 (Cone), 93 (Blue), 96 (Cole), 89 (Halladay Phils), well they served me fine until I got to Perfects. Now all my starters are 97+, a 97 threw a perfect game (Pedro Martinez, Expos '97) for me in a Perfect Leagues game.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #10
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:

Lucky You. I've been playing PT both seasons since the beginning & none of my teams had a pitcher throw me a no-hitter. How much PP does it earn? I've been no-hitter lawd at a minimum of 10 times across all my teams. None yet this year so may be my year for 1. I've had 6 hit games, 6 stolen bases, WAY many combined shutouts & the pisser is they'll go 8.2 innings & give way to a reliver...AAARRGG...I've changed pull starter setting for each individual starter so I know
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:25 AM   #11
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

A PG is only a gold pack worth (5,000). IDK, maybe a no-no isn't much less though. I know a cycle is about as rare...as a no-hitter, of course it doesn't say much that a player hit a 1B, 2B, 3B & HR even though it's a great day at the plate for sure & unique (4 HR would be better) but a Perfect Game does have a ton of substance that way in which a cycle does not.

The cycle was worth 400 PP.

I was hoping maybe they'd go by historical frequency. Or maybe adjust a bit for OOTP frequency on achievements.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 07-25-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:17 AM   #12
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
A PG is only a gold pack worth (5,000). IDK, maybe a no-no isn't much less though. I know a cycle is about as rare...as a no-hitter, of course it doesn't say much that a player hit a 1B, 2B, 3B & HR even though it's a great day at the plate for sure & unique (4 HR would be better) but a Perfect Game does have a ton of substance that way in which a cycle does not.

The cycle was worth 400 PP.

I was hoping maybe they'd go by historical frequency. Or maybe adjust a bit for OOTP frequency on achievements.

On my main account yesterday, I had CF Chris Singleton (great budget silver by the way) go 5 for 5, hit for the cycle and brought in 7 RBI. But the PP from this was merely 620PP.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote