Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-27-2019, 12:46 PM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Lightbulb OOTP Go! - Coming later this Summer, including full PT support.

In case you have missed it, we started development on our mobile baseball game (formerly known as "MLB Manager") from scratch last year, essentially making sure the game will be based on the most up to date OOTP 20 code base which also includes full support for Perfect Team. We have renamed the game to OOTP Go!, and yes, will allow you to access your Perfect Team account with most of, if not all, the features you know and love from the desktop version, so you'll never miss that auction of your dream card again.

OOTP Go! will be free to play, which includes full access to Perfect Team and the ability to create and play fictional solo leagues. The current MLB rosters are a $4.99 in-app purchase, international leagues will be $1.99 each and historical MLB seasons will be (as usual) $0.99 (plus there will be bundles available for a reduced price).

OOTP Go! will be released for Android and iOS later this Summer. We try to get it done for the All-Star break, but right now it's hard to say if we'll be able to meet that date. Once we have some stuff to show you (screenshots etc) we'll let you know, but don't expect any updates until June please.

Cheers,
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:42 PM   #2
CoolDudeWill
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I enjoyed MLB Manager, but the UI was too clunky for sustained play. It just felt that it took too many clicks to get anything done.

I'm hoping that the revamp will include a rethinking of navigation and UI, specifically an experience that would allow access to the top level menu from any screen.

Looking forward to it!
Old 02-28-2019, 09:46 PM   #3
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Goodness

I'm so excited for this version too. Cant wait until every is done. Like I've died & gone to baseball Heaven

Thanks
Bunktown Ballers
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #4
ConnieMack
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
...essentially making sure the game will be based on the most up to date OOTP 20 code base...

Looking forward to it, assuming it will be universal for iOS so iPhone users don't get left out.

Last edited by ConnieMack; 03-01-2019 at 02:22 AM.
ConnieMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:26 AM   #5
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

This is exciting news. Any chance of importing our solo fictional leagues from the desktop version?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:37 AM   #6
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

Please be iOS!
Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Offspring187 View Post
Any chance of importing our solo fictional leagues from the desktop version?
Not this year. Maybe in the future.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #8
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Not this year. Maybe in the future.

That would be CRAZY

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:00 AM   #9
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In case you have missed it, we started development on our mobile baseball game (formerly known as "MLB Manager") from scratch last year, essentially making sure the game will be based on the most up to date OOTP 20 code base which also includes full support for Perfect Team. We have renamed the game to OOTP Go!, and yes, will allow you to access your Perfect Team account with most of, if not all, the features you know and love from the desktop version, so you'll never miss that auction of your dream card again.

OOTP Go! will be free to play, which includes full access to Perfect Team and the ability to create and play fictional solo leagues. The current MLB rosters are a $4.99 in-app purchase, international leagues will be $1.99 each and historical MLB seasons will be (as usual) $0.99 (plus there will be bundles available for a reduced price).

OOTP Go! will be released for Android and iOS later this Summer. We try to get it done for the All-Star break, but right now it's hard to say if we'll be able to meet that date. Once we have some stuff to show you (screenshots etc) we'll let you know, but don't expect any updates until June please.

Cheers,
Markus
If we purchased all seasons in MLB Manager for last years version, will there be an all historical season free update in OOTP Go?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:04 AM   #10
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Cheers,
Markus
Will this be similar to MLB Manager but include more of the actual OOTP features similar to the OOTP 20 regular game?

I loved the basics and ease of play of MLB Manager and the fact you can play anywhere without internet access. I played over 50 seasons of MLB Manager as compared to around 3 of OOTP. It was just that much easier to play and use when you are too busy to have computer time.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote