Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 02-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
SebNiners
Bat Boy

Trouble with Scouting Budget Distribution

Hey Guys,
Noobie to the game here.

I just start a game with MLB settings with fictional players.

When I set Scouting Budget Distribution like 5 for Majors, 40 for Minors, 35 for Amateurs Draft and 19 for International when I'm saving my game. All this setting is gone and goes 100% to Amateurs (and of course 0% to others).

I'm still in preseason (it shows MLB Preseason on top of the screen) and I've past only 2 or 3 days since day one.

Is someone know why my setting on Budget distribution is change when I'm saving my game ?

Thanks in adavance
SebNiners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

This is just a first guess, but I'm wondering if you have an owner who is very hand's on/controlling (sorry, I'm forgetting terms right now, not in front of game, but I think the terms I am using are actually more diplomatic then the term in the game.)
I know the owner of my team in my fictional universe controls certain aspects of my budget and won't relinquish control to me as GM/Manager.

Now, why your owner (if it was him, and not something else causing this) would choose to put all of the budget into one area is beyond me.

Then again, I know that in the few areas (development budget and international budget) my owner controls it is clear on the appropriate screen that he is controlling it so since it doesn't sound like you are getting that message perhaps it is something else that is happening here.

Edit: Meddling. I think that's the term for my owner in the game.

Last edited by BirdWatcher; 02-21-2019 at 07:15 PM.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
SebNiners
Bat Boy

Oh right, maybe it's the problem.

I've edit him as I don't want someone messing with my new toy (--> an MLB franchise rule like all mighty power god aka me).

So, he's not "meddling" anymore.

I've change my Scouting Budget distribution again and same thing happen, all 100% go to Amateur when I'm saving
BUT I'm in MLB Spring and not anymore preseason now, so maybe it's the problem here.

I will let know next preseason and hope it was that "meddling" thing.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

I'm still a bit skeptical that I gave you the correct answer so hopefully someone else will offer an alternate possibility or two just in case something else is going on here.
Doesn't quite make sense to me that even a meddling owner would choose to force the budget completely in one direction only. But if so then maybe this is an area of the game that could use a little improvement so that what the owner does makes a bit more sense.

(Thinking a bit more about it- my meddling owner has set my international scouting budget at zero even though this is the area where our head scout excels the most. Thankfully he does give us ample money, well over league average, for development budget, which he also controls. So maybe it isn't that unusual, in the game, for meddling owners to make extreme and somewhat nonsensical decisions.)
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:40 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

unless it has changed recently, international scouting budget only applies to international leagues. if you have none active, zero it out.

* that budget may influence scouting discoveries? small potatoes. the gain you get from the other 3 areas compared to scouting discoveries is significantly larger, either way.

IAFA is/was definitely amatuer scouting. IFA are/were mlb scouting.

regardless of all other factors, time improves scouting accuracy. and a good guess: players in your organization are more accurate than in other orgs, from your perspective only of course..

just to help make choices on disbursement.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 03:51 PM   #6
SebNiners
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
unless it has changed recently, international scouting budget only applies to international leagues. if you have none active, zero it out.

[...]

I guess it was the problem.

I'm first day of offseason and go directly to this Scouting Distribution thing

And I figure what's was going wrong. I've no International League and if I don't allow a budget to it (leave it at 0) my other % stay where I'm putting them !

I thought International Scouting = IAFA and IFA
Old 03-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

not the generated ones... and, maybe the scouting discoveries initial ratings are international? i haven't had those on in a while... would take longer but could deduce which budget matters over time.

IFA's require an international budget when they are in those leagues. generated ifa are immediately MLB FA. not saying they are necessarily as accurate as a ml-service time counterpart, but they seem to be quite a known commodity in my experience.

24M:

i only put ~6M into MLB scouting.

10/8 for amatuer and mil scouting, depending on where i'll be sourcing more of my talent that year... almost always MiL. either way, i think 8M in MiL is overkill, and i'm sure 10 for amatuer is into diminishing return? i've never tried to max one at 24 and try to compare.

i have a self-imposed salary cap, so i throw money at everything i can outside of player payroll.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote