Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:48 PM   #1
mbling
Bat Boy

Game Crashes

I purchased the game from Steam last week and installed it and it ran fine. Yesterday it would not load and would stop at the start screen where it notes:

Please Wait Startup 25%

I tried the verify file tool in Steam. Also ran the program as the administrator. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. I turned off my antivirus and firewall. I ran it in compatibility mode (Windows 8). Nothing has worked. Each time it stops at the same point and freezes.

I am running the game on Windows 10 on a Toshiba Laptop. Please help
mbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

You've gone through most of the things to check, but one more thing to try: something may have gone wrong with your Windows C++ runtime files, so it's worth trying to reinstall them. You can find the links to download it at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-c-downloads - most likely you want the vc_redist.64.exe one, unless your Windows 8 is the 32-bit version, in which case take vc_redist.x86.exe.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
mbling
Bat Boy

Thank you for the response. I tried the download and the game still freezes at startup 25%
Old 03-16-2018, 12:57 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

What happens if you go directly to the install location (assuming you didn't change the defaults installation folder, it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Franchise Hockey Manager 4), right-click on fhm4.exe, and choose "Run as Administrator"? Any difference?
Old 03-16-2018, 05:22 AM   #5
mbling
Bat Boy

I tried running it as an administrator with the same result of freezing at startup 25%.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:29 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Hmm, running out of ideas. Can you run a DirectX Diagnostic and PM me the results? Right-click on the Windows logo on your taskbar, select run, then enter "dxdiag.exe" (without the quotes) and hit enter; when it runs, click on "Save all Information" at the bottom. That'll create a file, copy all the text in it and send it to me. That'll at least tell us if anything's a potential problem on the display side of things.