Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
Aube
Minors (Single A)

Custom league budget page

On the 'Budget' screen, the financial summary section shows every team as having the 9th highest budget in the league, even though they all have different budgets. Player payroll shows shows the league standing just fine.
Aube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
Aube
Minors (Single A)

Let me know if you want a save attached for this custom league, but given the similarities to my first custom league (thanks such quick fix on the first 3 drafts' talent pools by the way), this can easily be re-produced by creating a 12/12/12 team sized trio of leagues at the least, and may apply to different sizes.

I'm not sure if you were able to or even had the time to look for what was causing the 'negative trade value' of half star players that each team has in this custom league setup, but it may be 'naturally' fixed by an adjustment to a source of this issue. For the initial draft, every team seems to pick exactly 46 players. This is enough for their team, their minor team, and a couple of backups for the minor team as a bonus. Every team has picked up 5 goalies as far as I can see, so that seems to be a 'fixed' setting of theirs.

I think it would be more appropriate if the initial draft algorithms were tweaked a bit to always make sure it drafts 3 goalies so it just has the one spare and doesn't worry about the MINOR TEAM'S spare goalie when they can pay for their own, maybe 15 forwards to give it plenty of spares, and 8-9 D, so a total of 26-27 players. To account for any unusually deep entry draft, maybe then it could 'free the reigns' to scoop up any multiple-star players that could be of use down the line, otherwise if there are only half star players left, the teams should immediately bow out of the draft rather than wasting budget/contract slots on all these players.

I leave the max contracts at the default 60, is there maybe something FORCING the AI to draft/sign/do whatever to get to 3/4 of it's contract allotment perhaps? Either way, while the negative value issue is a weird thing in it's own right (and REALLY hard for my competitive side to not exploit with all my spare cash and contract space), I think the drafting itself could be cleaned up which alone would minimize the impact of it. If a team has that many injuries, it's not like there's a shortage of half star FAs to pick up in an emergency.
Aube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like the budget thing is happening in other leagues as well, we'll take a look at that.

Still looking at the trade value issue. It's unlikely to have anything to do with team roster size, though.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote