Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 AM   #1
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Teams not moving historically?

So I'm playing my first OOTP historical league and am pretty new to the game in general. I've played 1946-1957 so far and I've had to relocate all the teams myself thus far. Any idea why this would be?

I checked the league set up and it seems fine, I'm using Spritze's database and I think I loaded it correctly (though I'm new to the whole database loading thing). This hasn't been a problem so far, as I'm not playing with historical rosters and I have random player creation on to fill two levels of minor leagues, but I'd like to be able to save the time and not update teams myself quite so much.

Does it have anything to do with the historical team ID? Cause that isn't updating either - the 1957 Orioles are still labeled "SLA" in the hist. team ID, for instance. If this isn't the problem, is if affecting anything else?
costevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

League setup - Historical Tab - make sure "Automatically Expand League" is checked. This
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah, it's not that - expand automatically is ticked. At this point the league hasn't expanded anyway, teams have just relocated and I was under the impression that happened automatically, but it hasn't so far.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

It has to be your database. It was either installed incorrectly or there's a problem with it.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hm ok. Is there a decent tutorial around for how to install a database? I thought I did it correctly but perhaps not.

Also, I haven't had any other issues so far in this game and it's been going for over a decade. I don't really want to stop and non of the stats seem weird, so is there any downside to just continuing to play with a possibly faulty database?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Question - did you start the league as Historical or Fictional Historical?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm not totally sure but I believe I did fiddle with the Historical Fictional screen when I was setting things up (possibly to set up a fictional minor league system). Could that be the problem?

I'm now in 1962 and historical expansion in '61 also did not occur, so something is weird. At this point I don't mind, as I'm deviating pretty heavily from history anyway (doesn't make much sense for the Senators to move to Minnesota after winning 6 WS in 10 years), but I AM curious as to what's happening.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #8
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

If you want to set up a historical game in which expansion happens correctly, then you need to create a historical game in OOTP and not use any other mode of play. You also need to leave the league structure alone, make sure that automatic expansion of the league is left alone, and you can't edit the teams to the point where you might overwrite their historical or franchise IDs. And it's generally best to use the OOTP database and use either the real stats or neutralized stats. Usually it's safe to use other databases as well, but if you deviate from the game's database, then you're basically asking the game to deviate from reality.

I suspect that you did something when you created your game that either used a different mode of play or changed settings so that the game can't move franchises the way it's supposed to do.

But there's no way to determine what's happening in your game unless we could see all the settings and know what exactly you did to create it.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
costevie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Cool, well thanks. I'm having enough fun with this league that it doesn't really matter anymore. Though it is weird that in the 50s the Senators went to 8 WS and now in the 60s the Braves/Brewers have been to 7 in a row...makes me wonder if something else is weird.

I'll keep all the advice in mind for my next go round.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #10
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Just as a workaround - you could move the teams yourself and create the 1961-62 expansions.
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

i have the same problem....i'm using Gambo's DB with 'expand league' checked and its an historical league.

But, the Brewers never turned into the Browns. Am i supposed to change them myself? i thought in 13 it was done automically.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

In a historical league it is the teams.csv file in the stats folder that controls expansion and team moves. In all other types of leagues this is not true.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

hmm k the database i downloaded from ootpmods.com didnt have a teams.csv. That must be whats going on. I guess i can just use the default teams.csv in the database folder?
Old 10-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #14
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
hmm k the database i downloaded from ootpmods.com didnt have a teams.csv. That must be whats going on. I guess i can just use the default teams.csv in the database folder?
Yup
Old 10-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #15
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

Thanks! that seemed to do it. Wasn't sure why the Brewers kept going in 1902. Love your DB's, been using them for a long time.