Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
Brewer77
Minors (Single A)

League Setup Help request

Could anyone instruct me, if possible, on how I would go about setting up a league with multiple minor league levels using, let's say, a 40 round inaugarul draft.
The idea would be to fill the remainder of the farm system with future drafts.
Brewer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #2
Curtis
Hall Of Famer

I don't believe there's any easy way to limit the number of rounds in an inaugural draft. The only thing that comes to mind would be to run the first forty rounds of the draft, then delete all of the remaining players.

Three things: First, this is likely to be unbelievably labor intensive.
Second, it would be a lot less labor intensive if the game had a 'mass select' option available.
Third, there's a pretty good chance that if you went to all that effort the game would just spit out some kind of error and crash.

Your best bet might be to start with only one level of minors (the game will give you a roughly fifty round inaugural draft). After the i.a. and before the amateur draft add a second level to your minors. Every year after that, add another level of minors on January 1 until you have as many as you want.

Good luck; I'm afraid you're going to need it.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer77 View Post
Could anyone instruct me, if possible, on how I would go about setting up a league with multiple minor league levels using, let's say, a 40 round inaugarul draft.
The idea would be to fill the remainder of the farm system with future drafts.
Curtis is on to the right idea ... start a league with less levels of minors. A league with just one level will result in a 30-round draft, for example. Then add levels of minors one-by-one (or all at once if you'd rather) and change the number of rounds in the amateur draft such that you have enough players to fill the lower levels. The addition of minor league teams would take place in year 2 and beyond.